• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

French folks mean Tweet Kim Kardashian robbery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piichan

Banned
Only about 3 of those are offensive to be honest. For example, converting her jewelry's worth into the French minimum wage is not mocking how she got robbed.

Saying the French are celebrating KK's robbery is an obscene exaggeration, and what is really offensive. Fuck this article and its writer.

I know a lot of folks don't like the Kardashians, but damn.
So this article posits that 'the French' are being cold and callous about KK's robbery and then shows us like six tweets?

Sorry but what world do we live in right now? Like, is this actually journalistic or even thread worthy? This just seems really stupid.

AxelFoley

So this article posits that 'the French' are being cold and callous about KK's robbery and then shows us like six tweets?

Sorry but what world do we live in right now? Like, is this actually journalistic or even thread worthy? This just seems really stupid.

How many tweets would suffice?

Damn, it's not that serious. I was joking about the French being cold as fuck.

Sheesh. You know you guys that are complaining do have the option of not clicking this thread or the link, right?

Piichan

Banned

Sheesh. You know you guys that are complaining do have the option of not clicking this thread or the link, right?

People are complaining about the contents of the article. They cannot complain about it without clicking the link to the article.

Was Kayne performing in Paris? If not that was a pretty shitty thing to do to bail mid concert.
One, Kanye doesn't bail on shows,ever,didn't even miss a tour stop after his mother died.
Two, it was a festival show not a tour stop so it's now as bad, plus he had already played 40 minutes.
Three,it doesn't matter, his wife was tied up and robbed, who wouldn't bail? He's more than 100% justified.

Thumbs-up to the "568 years of minimum wage" one, honestly. Anything that highlights how accepting we are of rampant wealth inequality is fine with me.

GHG

Thumbs-up to the "568 years of minimum wage" one, honestly. Anything that highlights how accepting we are of rampant wealth inequality is fine with me.

Do you know why wealth inequality happens?

The first hint is in the tone of your post.

GHG

Because capitalism allows it and encourages it ?...

And millions of individuals who lambast and moan about the rich rather than channel that energy and time towards doing something productive that will enable them to start climbing the ladder.

Top quality post. Do let me know when you decide to post again. Can't wait to read it.

Khoryos

And millions of individuals who lambast and moan about the rich rather than channel that energy and time towards doing something productive that will enable them to start climbing the ladder.

Top quality post. Do let me know when you decide to post again. Can't wait to read it.

Something productive like being born to millionaires? Or like fucking a celebrity and "Accidentally" releasing the tape?

I know right? Why don't these poor motherfuckers just shut up about how we've been treating them? They're lucky they even have jobs!

Fucking lol m8.

It's not really about the amount of tweets but you can really find people saying any stupid or offensive shit on twitter, using it as a jumping off point for a discussion about something like this - especially under the guise of a nation's reaction - is disingenuous as all Hell.

Yeah, we do but we also have the option of criticising something. Maybe I should follow you into every thread you post a criticism in and say 'you don't have to click on this', 'you don't have to watch it', 'you don't have to play it' or any other type of lazy argumentation.

GHG

Something productive like being born to millionaires? Or like fucking a celebrity and "Accidentally" releasing the tape?

That's an awfully simplistic way of looking at it. Yes KK was lucky enough to be born into a family and yes the sex tape has enabled her "career" tremendously but make no mistake, she is a shrewd business woman and what has happened since the sex tape is not coincidental.

Ah yes, the old mythology.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

People from Paris being scum isn't some new development.

A bit butthurt aren't you?

That's an awfully simplistic way of looking at it. Yes KK was lucky enough to be born into a family and yes the sex tape has enabled her "career" tremendously but make no mistake, she is a shrewd business woman and what has happened since the sex tape is not coincidental.

Let's be absolutely clear, the reason the sex tape has made her famous is because of her connection (her father and Paris Hilton) without that fame/original wealth no one would care and she wouldn't be as successful as she is.

Does that mean she's not working hard for it? No.

Manoko

UzJVDQmOahGjTn8Ea5-6R_KvVoNJS6n0pr86cgGUnoU.png

You still believe in the american dream, don't you ?

jorma

is now taking requests
Do you know why wealth inequality happens?

The first hint is in the tone of your post.

Please please please let me know how the tone of his post gives us a hint as to why wealth inequality happens.

Khoryos

It's not coincidental, you're right - it's the rich getting richer.
As always.

Get real. People are robbed in Paris every day. The world doesn't stop just because Kim Kardashian was added to their number.
Why would you be proud of that though

French people just crossed a line. Can't wait to see how Kimye bring em down

Was Kayne performing in Paris? If not that was a pretty shitty thing to do to bail mid concert.
His wife was held at gun point.

I'm sure there were plenty of other times in history, when regular folks took pleasure in seeing rich folks get mugged/killed/laughed at etc

Generally this happens when regular folks ain't got shit

GHG

Please please please let me know how the tone of his post gives us a hint as to why wealth inequality happens.

It's simple. Attitude. If you harbour a negative attitude toward those more fortunate than yourself you have absolutely no chance of ever becoming anything like them. No chance.

UzJVDQmOahGjTn8Ea5-6R_KvVoNJS6n0pr86cgGUnoU.png

You still believe in the american dream, don't you ?

In a world where people are making millions on fucking YouTube it saddens me that there are still people who decide that it's wrong to dream of a better life.

And the dreaming is the easy bit, it's the execution that's really tough.

Worse for me here (and the standard it sets) is how so many people judged their reaction to a potentionally traumatising crime on whether or not they liked the victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom