• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 set to release on November 2nd [S-CONF]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoboman

One thing I've noticed about the damage and nobody really mentioned it is there's no paint scratches. You can see the denting but the paint work seems largely (or completely) unaffected in all of it

-viper-

Banned
Yoboman said:
One thing I've noticed about the damage and nobody really mentioned it is there's no paint scratches. You can see the denting but the paint work seems largely (or completely) unaffected in all of it
Remember the TGS demos with the Ferrari 458 Italia? Those featured paint scratches and it actually looked good.

Still, there are a few months left for them to work on the game.

Omiee

-viper- said:
Remember the TGS demos with the Ferrari 458 Italia? Those featured paint scratches and it actually looked good.

Still, there are a few months left for them to work on the game.

link to video please

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Any word about how Move will be supported? I assume it wont be supported for driving but mostly for menu navigation? Should be handy for those playing with the wheel (ie use the Move like a remote).

spats

TTP said:
Any word about how Move will be supported? I assume it wont be supported for driving but mostly for menu navigation? Should be handy for those playing with the wheel (ie use the Move like a remote).

There's been almost no talk about it... was it ever even confirmed for the game?

if it is in:

propable - using it to inspect the premium cars etc

dream scenario - super precise airbrush in the livery editor <3

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I reserved my CE at Gamestop this weekend. Any word on other retailers getting the CEs and if do, any word on competing DLC amongst retailers?

I don't think you should expect more than head-tracking at this point. From the indications so far, that may not be related to turning your head, but rather actually moving your head up/down/left/right instead (and maybe also forward and backward).

I think that in theory, the move should be able to work fine for steering and accellerating, but I'm not sure it would add a whole lot to the experience, and I doubt they'll add that kind of functionality this late in the game

Goldrusher said:

But the website only has 720p trailers :( (the ones I downloaded anyway)

Yoboman said:

The E3 Trailer had it. The Black Murcielago in the Top Gear scene had scratches on the front bumper.

It always catches my attention whenever I rewatch the trailer ;)

Loudninja

TTP said:
Maybe you can use it to look and take pictures of you car?

DenogginizerOS said:
I reserved my CE at Gamestop this weekend. Any word on other retailers getting the CEs and if do, any word on competing DLC amongst retailers?

You get this is you pre order from Amazon

1ili8p.jpg

AndyD

aka andydumi
Loudninja said:
Maybe you can use it to look and take pictures of you car?

It could control the camera for photos or during replays. The move is the camera. We saw that in a tech demo. Also menus and so forth.

Raist

Banned
Broman1978 said:
Wait...So that is from the Game?..Not a REAL video? o_O

Watched it loop a couple of times and only realized it wasn't real when I paid close attention to the smoke. Shit is insane.

SolidSnakex said:
You get this is you pre order from Amazon

1ili8p.jpg

I wonder something about the PS Blog

SLS AMG, Nissan GT-R GT500, McLaren F1 are the only confirmed pre-order bonuses so far(though they said "and more")

With the SLS AMG announced as the Amazon bonus, I can only assume the F1 and GT-R will be Gamestop and Best Buy bonuses.

Where the hell is the "and more" gonna end up at? Gamecrazy has recently gone bankrupt, and I doubt Wal-Mart, Target, and Toys R Us will get bonuses because they usually give store gift cards as incentives instead.

I just hope the McLaren F1 gets announced at BB or GS soon so I can secure a pre-order

fu3lfr3nzy said:
I wonder something about the PS Blog

SLS AMG, Nissan GT-R GT500, McLaren F1 are the only confirmed pre-order bonuses so far(though they said "and more")

With the SLS AMG announced as the Amazon bonus, I can only assume the F1 and GT-R will be Gamestop and Best Buy bonuses.

Where the hell is the "and more" gonna end up at? Gamecrazy has recently gone bankrupt, and I doubt Wal-Mart, Target, and Toys R Us will get bonuses because they usually give store gift cards as incentives instead.

I just hope the McLaren F1 gets announced at BB or GS soon so I can secure a pre-order

I thought he was describing that the "and more" referred to the bonuses that people would get in that set of 5 exclusive cars for download with the collectors edition.

Also: Target has participated in preorder bonuses with other companies (they were doing the Pokemon figures), I believe WalMart has as well. Though if anything all of these preorder DLC will be cards packed in the actual game box under wrapping (like they did with ModNation Racers, where the codes were actually in the game box already.

Gigaton?

What can we look forward to when Gran Turismo 5 releases on PlayStation 3?
Gran Turismo 5 will offer gamers an experience more rich, more in-depth and more exciting than they might expect - even from a series as closely identified with innovation and invention as Gran Turismo. Not only will Gran Turismo 5 deliver an even more comprehensive set of cars and courses than gamers saw with previous iterations, it will also feature new game-enhacing graphical effects such as damage, night racing and weather.

These innovations are twinned with the option to join millions of like-minded individuals globally within the Gran Turismo community and to find a driving experience to suit, whether that is taking on the Top Gear test track, chucking cars around stunt arenas, go-karting, creating and sharing your own track or intense head-to-head races. Who, where and what to drive is completely down to the individual.

This time around Gran Turismo is likely not just to be the definitive driving experience but a definitive gaming experience full stop.

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/news/articles/detail/item285382/Talking-games-with-Shuhei-Yoshida/

offshore said:
"chucking cars around stunt arenas'

Gran Turismo 5: Destruction Derby Edition.

I'm guessing stunt arenas mean drifting courses. As far as go karting goes, Kaz said awhile back that the one new car class he wanted to include in GT5 was midget cars, which basically look like heavily modified go karts.

evolution

SolidSnakex said:
amar's list? If so he's probably sitting back laughing right now at those that doubted his info.
I was referring to that list from tgs, but now that i think about, amar was list told us too.

Omiee

oo shit if thats real, they said creaye your own tracks and share them, pleaseeeeeeeeee be true

this game just became GOTY for me, o shit imagine nurburgring with 15 others from GAF playing 4 different classes on a track day 2 hour long race with night and day cycle.

When this game comes out we have to orgenize stuff

If they actually manage to include all this stuff in the game then no one should ever complain about how long it took them to develop it again.

Omiee

this cant be any more official, its coming from the president of SCE himself.
man i CAN NOT wait untill gamescom so see the blowout, when is it btw this year.

SolidSnakex said:
If they actually manage to include all this stuff in the game then no one should ever complain about how long it took them to develop it again.

believe me the game is not gonna come out of my PS3 this fall.

bud

this is shaping up to be a game of epic proportions.

sunset/rise + listening to eno's ''an ending'' + rain = ffffuuuuuuuuuuuu

CozMick

Banned
Holy fuck gaf, at least give me warning about this shit!

This deserves it's own thread
I kid

But........my god this game is gonna be bloody spectacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom