• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 set to release on November 2nd [S-CONF]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slackbladder said:
I had an idea where you pay a mechanic to tune your car for you. You take it for a spin and they will tune it depending upon your wishes.

As a tuning naif I really liked SimBin's (Race/GTR) method. They simply have a "dev recommendation" for each car depending on the track and lap count. Great for (lazy) folks (like me) who just want to race but not have an asymmetrical disadvantage.

Probably not practical for GT considering the car count, but maybe they could implement user uploads of different tuning sets, like we see now in some sports sims with user rosters.

Taiser

SolidSnakex said:
24c9lzs.gif

o_O

looks better than the real one :lol

syxdft.jpg

50nymo.gif

33b3edh.gif

Nice spinning gif!
Hard to tell from that angle but it looks like they might be using volume mapped smoke sprites now, so they don't clip through the ground in a perfectly straight line. Shadows cast in the smoke looks pretty good too.

Once the PS4 comes out they can spend all the extra power on:
Self reflections.
Smoke that stays in the air for over a minute.
Higher resolution shadows.

Can't think of much else, car models look perfect.

Graphics Horse said:
Once the PS4 comes out they can spend all the extra power on:
Self reflections.
Smoke that stays in the air for over a minute.
Higher resolution shadows.

Can't think of much else, car models look perfect.

Id rather take 2500 car models versus than all that other stuff

Dedication Through Light said:
Id rather take 2500 car models versus than all that other stuff

Sure, but all the things I listed are very simple to add once you have enough power (well maybe not self reflections)
Modelling cars is still a lengthy process, and might be an ongoing job for the next 5 years.

plainr_

About the 32 player lobbies...

Could this mean 16 drivers with optional passenger for each car? Chat between driver and passenger? Swap drivers during pitstop? That would be fucking awesome.

257n2w6.jpg

Yoboman

jockamo said:
About the 32 player lobbies...

Could this mean 16 drivers with optional passenger for each car? Chat between driver and passenger? Swap drivers during pitstop? That would be fucking awesome.

257n2w6.jpg
That would be neat. They could make it so only the passenger can see the road lines

I saw a video interview with Taku Imasaki over at GTplanet (it's been removed for whatever reason) and he mentioned that they're still undecided about having NASCAR vs. other cars. Also 16 players online is the minimum.

I'm having trouble downloading the 1080p trailer of GT5 from the PSN Australia.
When I click on the file to download in the E3 section it' saves it as a photo of modnation racers png image.I've tried other video files in the E3 section and they save as video files.

Anyone else having this issue?

scandisk_ said:
GAMBON!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC7wpupIP5U

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

People missing the big news here:

THE HUD IS OFF!!!

We all know you can disable the course map from the options, so it means we can have a pretty clear view if we want to. Just needs an extra option to erase the lap times.

I watched on 720p and you can see the boarder of the screen, but no g-forge thing, oil lamp, speedometer and tachometer.

I'm so happy:D

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Is it bad if sometimes I see a GT5 pic or clip, I almost mix it up with real life? Hope I'm not the only one. :p

spats

ULTROS! said:
Is it bad if sometimes I see a GT5 pic or clip, I almost mix it up with real life? Hope I'm not the only one. :p

It's perfectly normal. :D

Kaz said that once they're able to do realtime ray tracing, the GT series will reach his vision of visual perfection. That combined with high anti-aliasing it will look photoreal.

Look forward to the PS5.

Omiee

how many of you expect GT5 to have an apearance on the top gear season premiere..?
i would bet everything on it, that they will say something about it.
the trailer is even up on their site.

CozMick

Banned
The BBC should scrap the current "reasonably priced car" routine and just have 10 minutes of every show watching a celebrity play GT5.

The Top Gear guys aren't allowed to promote a product. So it's somewhat doubtful that they'll even show GT5 on it. They showed GT4 but that was before there was any sort of tie in with GT.

Omiee said:
how many of you expect GT5 to have an apearance on the top gear season premiere..?
i would bet everything on it, that they will say something about it.
the trailer is even up on their site.

They'll mention it in the news, briefly. It would be cool if they made a big deal out of it and did something with it, though.

Darkangus

flipswitch said:
When I click on the file to download in the E3 section it' saves it as a photo of modnation racers png image.I've tried other video files in the E3 section and they save as video files.

Same problem with the Portuguese store... I'm getting the same image... bbbaaahhhh

Omiee

well the chanse of them having Kazunori Yamauchi over is very big, he would def post the fastest time on the track.
maybe he could even mention GT5 just a little, or they could do that segment where clarkson posts a lap on a PS3 than tries to best it on the track like they did a while ago.

Goldrusher

flipswitch said:

Just get them from the official site...

E3 2010: http://cdn2.gran-turismo.com/jp/common/data2/movie/20100615_e3_jp_eu/gt5_e3_2010_b.wmv
standard cars: http://cdn2.gran-turismo.com/jp/common/data2/movie/20100616_e3/gt5_standardcars.wmv
visual effects: http://cdn2.gran-turismo.com/jp/common/data2/movie/20100616_e3/gt5_visualeffects.wmv

Omiee said:
Does the track cross over itself at times? What happens then? Colissions with lap traffic?
Yeah, it's a figure 8. The track was made for 1 car laps, but in GT5, you can have races on it too.
As for what happens... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Figure_8_racing

SolidSnakex said:
The Top Gear guys aren't allowed to promote a product. So it's somewhat doubtful that they'll even show GT5 on it. They showed GT4 but that was before there was any sort of tie in with GT.

That changed ever since they promoted a book in return for a borrowed Enzo. They've been promoting lots of stuff ater that. Even showing clips of movies.

-viper-

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
That changed ever since they promoted a book in return for a borrowed Enzo. They've been promoting lots of stuff ater that. Even showing clips of movies.
Yep. They have promoted lots of things, including Porsche smoking pipes.

What I would like to see is them test a new car, then show the lap in GT5 to confuse everyone :p Then show the real thing.

PuppetMaster said:
That has to take the cake for the sickest scenes in a GT5 trailer ever! Why the didn't they include that in the official e3 trailer?

Only thing that would make this trailer better is better music. But someone could cut an amazing trailer if they mixed these shots with some of the other goodness we've already seen from the e3 '10 trailer and the 458 Italia trailer.

It has stock cars crashing, something Kaz doesn't like much. That's just a video showing all the new tech features.

Metalmurphy said:

Well then scratch what I said. I guess we'll see if they do anything with GT5 this upcoming season.

PuppetMaster said:
That has to take the cake for the sickest scenes in a GT5 trailer ever! Why the didn't they include that in the official e3 trailer?

It doesn't really fit with GT's image. There's obviously going to be damage this time around but I think for Kaz the series will always be about people driving gorgeous cars.

SolidSnakex said:
It doesn't really fit with GT's image. There's obviously going to be damage this time around but I think for Kaz the series will always be about people driving gorgeous cars.
TBH I'm with Kaz on this. The cars flipping around look pretty awful in that vid in terms of the physics (particularly the corkscrewing one) and the damaged panels look like they've hardly taken a knock at all. Even the earlier pics of the rally car damage and the stock 350Z damage (might have been a 370Z?) look fairly lame if you ask me... but that's not what I'm looking for from GT5.

If I want realistic damage I'll play Grand Theft Auto 4. I play GT5 for the driving, not the crashing, so the first thing I'll do is turn damage off anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom