• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 set to release on November 2nd [S-CONF]

Status
Not open for further replies.

saladine1

I believe that info regarding tuning,customization,upgrades..etc will be unveiled at gamescom.
I'll be very surprised to see if that aspect of the game equals or even surpasses FM3's features even though Kaz did say that he was very proud/excited about it all.
Time will tell I guess.

spwolf

saladine1 said:
I believe that info regarding tuning,customization,upgrades..etc will be unveiled at gamescom.
I'll be very surprised to see if that aspect of the game equals or even surpasses FM3's features even though Kaz did say that he was very proud/excited about it all.
Time will tell I guess.

do you know what tuning capabilities GT4 had 5.5 years ago?

spwolf

saladine1 said:
Yes I do.
Doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to be comprehensive today though.

I dont understand what that means? You think they will have less tuning options than what they had in 2005 with GT4 and 2001 with GT3?

:lol

CozMick

Banned
200+ PS4 cars

800+ PS3 cars

40+ tracks with 100 variations

Day/Night cycles

NASCAR

WRC

Super GT

1080p @ 60fps

16 player online races

32 player online lobbies

Youtube 720p replay uploads

8+ megapixel photo-mode

Simulated tyre wear

Vehicle damage

With more to come at various events..........

And some of you people still find things to moan about :lol

When will the madness stop?

Az

SolidSnakex said:
There's got to be more to why they went through the trouble of simulating something like that than just smoke effects.

hopefully, realistic tyre degradation so no more pitting every 3-5 laps.

any word on on tyre damage like punctures, flat spots etc?

saladine1

No, it could well be more than GT4, but I wasn't comparing it to GT4, I mentioned FM3 specifically because as it stands now, Forza is the benchmark when it comes to customization,tuning,upgrading.
Believe me, I want PD to go all out here beacause next to sounds, upgrading/tuning is my favourite past time when it comes to car games..

Senua

Gold Member
CozMick said:
200+ PS3 cars

800+ PS2 cars

Day/Night cycles

NASCAR

WRC

Super GT

1080p @ 60fps

16 player online races

32 player online lobbies

8+ megapixel photo-mode

Simulated tyre wear

Vehicle damage

fixed

spats

CozMick said:
200+ PS4 cars

800+ PS3 cars

Day/Night cycles

NASCAR

WRC

Super GT

1080p @ 60fps

16 player online races

32 player online lobbies

8+ megapixel photo-mode

Simulated tyre wear

Vehicle damage

Neogaf's glass is always half-empty.

spwolf

saladine1 said:
No, it could well be more than GT4, but I wasn't comparing it to GT4, I mentioned FM3 specifically because as it stands now, Forza is the benchmark when it comes to customization,tuning,upgrading.
Believe me, I want PD to go all out here beacause next to sounds, upgrading/tuning is my favourite past time when it comes to car games..

ah, so liveries and sounds are your favorite parts of racing games, right? :lol

saladine1

spwolf said:
ah, so liveries and sounds are your favorite parts of racing games, right? :lol
Mate, calm down and just relax.
I said car games,not racing games.
I enjoy listening to the sounds of the cars if done properly as it's like music to my ears and I also enjoy upgrading/tuning the cars then hot-lapping....something wrong with that?

Gravijah

saladine1 said:
I enjoy listening to the sounds of the cars if done properly as it's like music to my ears and I also enjoy upgrading/tuning the cars then hot-lapping....something wrong with that?

Don't worry, my least favorite part of games like Gran Turismo and such is the actual racing. Well, moreso, I get bored easy, so I like to mess around with different cars and listen to the cars, etc.

Seanspeed

Banned
Mush said:
Do I have poor memory or was it announced that GT5 would also feature the D1GP?
Dont remember hearing that.

Wouldn't be surprised to see PD do something 'official' with drifting, though, as we've seen in Forza that there's a big audience for this type of thing. Having the computer be the judges could be a problem.

Its possible that it'll just have official D1GP cars, but not judged drifting competitions(which it seems would be hard to do).

Loudninja

I would love it if they could implement some kind of course training mode, like if we could select a track and then a corner from the track then practice that corner until you feel you have it down.

I know licenses work in similar ways but I think it could be a nice inclusion.Or even a walk mode so you can just view the track.

spwolf

saladine1 said:

GT3, 9 years ago had tuning... What you are saying is you want liveries like in F3, not tuning... Tuning was part of GT series forever, as well as upgrading.

And Kaz already said it will be better than Gt4... which was good... in PS2 era.

Of course, you can be bothered to explain what exactly would you want improved in the tuning compared to GT3 and GT4, instead of saying you want it be like F3, which makes no sense to me.

So my deduction was that you probably dont know about tuning in previous GT series, otherwise you wouldnt be saying that.... right?

Mush said:
Do I have poor memory or was it announced that GT5 would also feature the D1GP?

They haven't said anything about a D1 license but in the AGS trailer there was a driver wearing Ken Nomura's helmet. It could just mean that he makes an apperance in the game though (or that we can customize our helmets). I believe Kaz has mentioned that he's a fan of Ken's.

Still doesn't make sense to spend all that time recreating tire smoke and tire dust and yet not Tire marks on asphalt roads !!

Does skid marks take a huge amount of ram or something, it just boggles my mind !!

alba

Little is the new Big
KY is tweeting a lot these days.

Two new tidbits

Horns are working in GT5
Horn buttons are working. RT @Miya_Sako: @Kaz_Yamauchi GT5 what little money there was to speak DFGT bought on sale! I can not wait!
5 Minutes ago via HootSuite

GT Mode has been renamed GT Life
Yes. "GT LIFE" has been named. RT @Larz771: @Kaz_Yamauchi Do not you think GT5 is the GT mode.
4 Minutes ago via HootSuite

Could you review this, J-GAF? :D

alba said:

Yeah you can see an option for that there

2llllb4.jpg

Gravijah

Fender_Uk said:
time to move on lol, HDTVs are cheap as hell now

Any extra cash I have is going towards the 3DS, then any extra cash is going towards a Wii... so yeah, HDTV is loooow priority at the moment. :lol

One of the most interesting gamescom announcements will be about this

This is the 2.8km short track used in various parts of the UK’s Top Gear TV series. Set at the airfield of Dunsfold Park in Surrey, England, it has a characteristic figure 8 layout. Stay tuned to find out what sorts of wild events are planned in the game for this location.

It's pretty cool that they're going to extra mile with the Top Gear license. I was just expecting them to include the track which would've been fine.

CozMick

Banned
SolidSnakex said:

It's pretty cool that they're going to extra mile with the Top Gear license. I was just expecting them to include the track which would've been fine.

Caravan races confirmed!

SolidSnakex said:

didn't we have a glimpse with the cars racing the plane in one of the trailers?

Wax Free Vanilla said:
didn't we have a glimpse with the cars racing the plane in one of the trailers?

That was the AGS trailer. At the time I think most of us just thought it was something that they put together for trailer purposes.

Woo-Fu

Banned
CozMick said:

Never. It will die down quite a bit 2-3 weeks after GT5's release.

Most of the churn in the GT5 threads has been about stuff PD hasn't been clear about, or hasn't talked about at all. Once the game is released we won't have to treat a couple press releases like Rosetta stones to figure out wtf is actually going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom