• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

Uhh... I'm seeing no train of thought as to how AbsolutBro got to his vote on Ezekel. :\

And his reasons for voting him could easily be directed at AB himself, if I'm not mistaken?

I said early on that while neither the Peek strategy or the Mass Claim strategy were suggested by scum players, that one or the other likely had scum pushing them. After all, both strats seem to benefit scum more than town. I figured that the Peek Strat was more likely to be pushed than the Mass Claim strat, because it is less risky for scum than a Mass Claim. Thus, I looked at players discussing the Peek strat, specifically those that were trying to make it work. Of the list of players, EzekelRAGE stood out the most.

As I have never advocated for, pushed or tinkered with the either the Peek or Mass Claim strats, I am not sure who you can say my "reasons for voting him could easily be directed at [myself]".

Sophia

Cool, let's just lynch someone that's most likely town and then lose another townie tonight. That always helps us win games.

We can't hit scum if we don't lynch. No lynching Day 1 gives us no info, and mathematically shifts the balance of when Lylo will occur. We have 22 players in a role madness game, which means we could technically no lynch and not shift Lylo closer, but we also don't know what mechanics are in play that could add an additional kill each night.

I'm not even going to argue this with you. Go do some google searches or whatever. It is near unanimous that, barring game specific mechanics, a no lynch on Day 1 is bad.

Bronx-Man

Banned
If Sophia doesn't want to argue, I want literally anyone in this thread to tell me when the last time we hit scum on a D1 lynch was.

We can't hit scum if we don't lynch. No lynching Day 1 gives us no info, and mathematically shifts the balance of when Lylo will occur. We have 22 players in a role madness game, which means we could technically no lynch and not shift Lylo closer, but we also don't know what mechanics are in play that could add an additional kill each night.

I'm not even going to argue this with you. Go do some google searches or whatever. It is near unanimous that, barring game specific mechanics, a no lynch on Day 1 is bad.
But there are numerous instances in Gafia history where a No Lynch would have been better than a D1 lynch and in some cases lost the game on D1 as a result

Well. The thing is that I was there at the beginning of the game. Not much discussion was going in those Early hours and then I was busy and just today i had time to catch up. Do of course I was reacting to the past and still am since I did not even get to have the chance to talk to everyone or react. I get the criticism since I wanted some thoughts on the game by nearly everyone.

Hmm. Okay, thank you.

Are you really asking me to give a coherent read on Splinter? Well...

He is consistent, so far with his town persona. His detachment and general disinterest as scum usually come late game and since I just pointed it out to him in Pokemon as one of his tells, I doubt he'd make it obvious if he is scum now.

He's probably neutral and everyone is screwed.

I tend to agree with this read. I didn't follow Pokémon much but Splinter is always hard to understand. I tend to follow this rule when playing with him: if he acts scummy, he is town, and if he acts town, he is scum.

Ty4on

Are you really asking me to give a coherent read on Splinter? Well...

He is consistent, so far with his town persona. His detachment and general disinterest as scum usually come late game and since I just pointed it out to him in Pokemon as one of his tells, I doubt he'd make it obvious if he is scum now.

He's probably neutral and everyone is screwed.

That's the thing though. Most reads of Splinter are "dunno" or "can't read him". He certainly wasn't universally town read in Pokemon, but there was more an eager to getting things done.

I said early on that while neither the Peek strategy or the Mass Claim strategy were suggested by scum players, that one or the other likely had scum pushing them. After all, both strats seem to benefit scum more than town. I figured that the Peek Strat was more likely to be pushed than the Mass Claim strat, because it is less risky for scum than a Mass Claim. Thus, I looked at players discussing the Peek strat, specifically those that were trying to make it work. Of the list of players, EzekelRAGE stood out the most.

As I have never advocated for, pushed or tinkered with the either the Peek or Mass Claim strats, I am not sure who you can say my "reasons for voting him could easily be directed at [myself]".

This doesn't really make a lot of sense. I agree with you about the peeking strat being scummy, but why Zeke over, say, Ynnek, who was also advocating for it, if I recall?

Your whole reasoning feels like you pushing an easy lynch on an inactive player.

Sophia

Seems I was mistaken, then. What do you think of the other players in the peek start? I haven't gone back and looked.

(Are we even still onboard with that? I didn't see a common census...)

This doesn't really make a lot of sense. I agree with you about the peeking strat being scummy, but why Zeke over, say, Ynnek, who was also advocating for it, if I recall?

Your whole reasoning feels like you pushing an easy lynch on an inactive player.

Indeed.

Ty4on

Is "a few months ago" supposed to be reassuring?

Scum win every damn time because we use the same damn tactics every single game. We have to play smarter if we want to win this.

Scum only wins if they're universally town read. Then town is pretty much always screwed.

If not there's probably a scum or two close to being lynched and that keeps them on their toes. When we later flip scum (especially likely in role madness where there's probably more than one NK) that gives us clues from how they voted/acted or how other people read them.

Sorian

Banned
Vote Count:

EzekelRAGE (4)
Barrylocke
Ouro
AbsolutBro
franconp

Mazre (3)
Xamtheking
Bronx-Man
Haly
StanleyPalmetree

Ynnek7 (2)
cabot
cabot
nin1000

melonrabbit (1)
Mazre

AbsolutBro (1)
Burbeting
EzekelRAGE

franconp (1)
EzekelRAGE

Xamtheking (1)
*Splinter

*Splinter (1)
nin1000
Ty4on

Burbeting (1)
Kingkitty

Barrylocke (0)
Ouro
Ty4on

StanleyPalmtree (0)
franconp

WhereAreMahDragonz (0)
cabot

Ty4on (0)
Mazre
*Splinter
Ouro

Verelios (0)
Ouro
cabot
Ouro

Kyanrute (0)
Burbeting

nin1000 (0)
Haly
melonrabbit

Haly (0)
Ty4on
cabot

Kingkitty (0)
cabot
franconp

12 votes needed for majority
red_1476385200.png

Burbeting

Banned
Sorry guys, unexpected problems have risen, so I might not be able to post/read the thread during the day end :(. I'll try to sort them out!

cabot

No Lynch is inaction, you can't define motive if inaction is taken. Motive leads to determining alignments, and flips confirm alignments.

Do you want a game win without a town lynch or something?

No Lynch is inaction, you can't define motive if inaction is taken. Motive leads to determining alignments, and flips confirm alignments.

Do you want a game win without a town lynch or something?
That's unrealistic, it's just that on D1 we have no game-related information normally (even only the n1 death flip can mean a lot)

nin1000

Banned
Hmm. Okay, thank you.

To explain that even some more. I am usually active and try to be there at all times. But since I did not really get to have the chance to let the game rest in my mind I can't really push the conversation forward at this point. That's why it seems that I am trying to force everyone to put their thoughts down in order for me to have something to work with.

Hope that explains my situation a bit better .

Sophia

I'm waiting to hear from Ezekel seeing as he's apparently here now.

How does everyone feel about melonrabbit, curiously? I'm going back through her posts because I've got a gut feeling. She proposed the peeking strat, but as of page 6 I haven't seen her take too many other strong stances on anything I think?

*Splinter

VOTE: Mazre

From the top three, I trust Zeke more than the other two. I don't have much of a read on Mazre or Ynnek, but Ynnek did say he'd be somewhat unavailable.

It's D1. Why one player over any other player? Because "reasons" and "gut feels". I am sorry, I wish I had something more concrete to give you but I do not. In reality, Ynnek has been more inactive than EzekelRAGE, and that is probably keeping Ynnek from getting the vote. The more recent post I remember seeing pushing or tinkering with Peek was ER. That is pretty much it.

Vote: AbsolutBro

I have been reading his posts and I do not feel comfortable with his reasoning behind his Zeke vote, and I can't shake the feeling that he has not been very forthcoming with the tone of his previous posts. I get the impression that he is trying to appear active. Every post he makes makes me feel like I know less and less about him. That, to me, signals a scum member trying to distance themselves from potentially condemning evidence or wording.

My vote will probably remain, unless he is more forthcoming by day end.

It's D1. Why one player over any other player? Because "reasons" and "gut feels". I am sorry, I wish I had something more concrete to give you but I do not. In reality, Ynnek has been more inactive than EzekelRAGE, and that is probably keeping Ynnek from getting the vote. The more recent post I remember seeing pushing or tinkering with Peek was ER. That is pretty much it.

Case in point.

You won't vote Ynnek because he's "more inactive?" Can you elaborate?

*Splinter

Not really. People are honing in on the lynch and he isn't really digging into it even though he disagrees. Votes Xam which is so safe you barely notice it, but nobody's on Xam but him.
I said I was against Zeke last time I read the thread. This is the first time I'm catching up since then.

You're right to some extent though. I don't have strong reads on anyone, lean town on Zeke, null on the other options. I even considered voting Zeke just because it seems more informative, but I'll stick with Mazre for now.

Actually... I just looked at the votes on Fran and...

Hey Ezekel, the hell you trying to pull with the bait and switch here? Voting for two people in the same post? :p

I don't really see a lynch forming on him beyond that tho.

Hmm.... can't say I see it? Except for Ezekel. Mind pointing some examples out?

One thing that bothers me about Ezekel is how quickly he went from this

To voting for him.

That was only a timeframe of like six hours at best. :\

Sophia, the post/vote thing was because I was about to vote for AB. Before I made the post I refreshed and saw Fran was still going hard on me about the peeking thing. The "fake edit" and "=====" was to show that. Was sort of 2 different posts. So that is why.

I probably would have drifted towards a TheGoddamn vote, but with him bowing out that doesn't really hold shape anymore. EzekelRage still trying to build a working peek strategy just feels off though.

[highliht]vote: EzekelRAGE

I have said several times that I suspect a scum players to be hiding in the peek or mass claim defenders. Peek being the more likely for reasons I said elsewhere, that's what I looked at. That's where my vote goes for now.

Of the votes of me, Ouro's only real gripe seems to be he doesn't like my d1 thing. I can't do anything to argue against that.
BL - Hasn't explained why my peek thing set him off.

Fran and AB have the same reason for voting me, saying I was pushing the peek strategy talk again which is not true at all. I dropped the peek talk until BL brought it back up as a reason for voting me. Fran then made the peek talk a big discussion point again, not me.
Weren't you supposed to be gone for the deadline?
Doctor appointment, honestly didnt expect to be out this soon. Had a couple of no shows in front of me.

Still think Fran's made up excuse to vote me for the peek thing is sketchy, but AB is using the same excuse and he was already on my radar.

If d2 we don't have any leads again do you propose to wait for d3 before we lynch someone?
in a game full of prs, i'd be surprised if nothing information-worthy happens overnight
Why can't you do it on d1 lynches?

You can all lynch me if you want to play like this.
You can generate voting patterns from d1, yes, but some people don't like to vote when they don't have any game-info on d1
Like, I've always wanted No Lynches on d1 in every game I play, but I know the community is so vehemently against it I've never bothered to try

Case in point.

You won't vote Ynnek because he's "more inactive?" Can you elaborate?
I did not say "I won't vote Ynnek". You're putting words in my mouth. I said the reason I voted ER was his post was more recent; it stood out in my mind. That is all.

Fran and AB have the same reason for voting me, saying I was pushing the peek strategy talk again which is not true at all. I dropped the peek talk until BL brought it back up as a reason for voting me. Fran then made the peek talk a big discussion point again, not me.
I will go back and reread. Clearly I may have missed some context.

unvote

franconp

Sophia, the post/vote thing was because I was about to vote for AB. Before I made the post I refreshed and saw Fran was still going hard on me about the peeking thing. The "fake edit" and "=====" was to show that. Was sort of 2 different posts. So that is why.

Of the votes of me, Ouro's only real gripe seems to be he doesn't like my d1 thing. I can't do anything to argue against that.
BL - Hasn't explained why my peek thing set him off.

Doctor appointment, honestly didnt expect to be out this soon. Had a couple of no shows in front of me.

Still think Fran's made up excuse to vote me for the peek thing is sketchy, but AB is using the same excuse and he was already on my radar.

I don't know if we both voted you for the same reasons. I just voted for you because there was a tie (and I think there is one now too) but my original vote was stanley.

I didn't like how you jumped the gun as soon as I made a really simple question. I still don't. And you reasoning to vote me is weak at least.

Bronx-Man

Banned
So don't vote then and deal with the consequences.
No-Lynch on D1 - one town death
Lynch on D1 - high possibility of 2 town deaths

One seems a lot smarter than the other.

And for the record, I'm perfectly fine with a town lynch on D2 and beyond. I just hate them on D1s.

Ty4on

I said I was against Zeke last time I read the thread. This is the first time I'm catching up since then.

You're right to some extent though. I don't have strong reads on anyone, lean town on Zeke, null on the other options. I even considered voting Zeke just because it seems more informative, but I'll stick with Mazre for now.
I liked agreeing with people scum reading me in Danny. I mean, they were right.
Glad we've settled that

Top Bottom