• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Mafia |OT| Keep Your Vote On The Payload

Sophia

I love the fact that I made scum panic more than once with my observations, and also hate the fact that I was a bit too indecisive this game. ><;

Sorian

Banned
I was being extremely subtle with my role blocked failed message to you by the way Ty.

Action Failed. Your steel trap has been returned to you.

Not really anything I expected you to know at the time but more a fun like "aha" moment later :p

Bronx-Man

Banned
Now that the disaster that was Pokemon Mafia is behind me, I feel so elated. The specter of shame is behind me as now I can say I was a part of my first town win and I lived all throughout this game!

I promise all future townies, if I'm ever in the situation where town's survival would require my sacrifice, I would glady do it.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO, WE DID IT!

Now that the disaster that was Pokemon Mafia is behind me, I feel so elated. The specter of shame is behind me as now I can say I was a part of my first town win and I lived all throughout this game!

I promise all future townies, if I'm ever in the situation where town's survival would require my sacrifice, I would glady do it.

Good
You have finally ascended to "good townie"
I was lucky enough to under go this experience in my first Gafia game ever, when I realized my survival didn't really matter. What mattered was if I could help town win.

Sophia

I knew I should have pushed for your Day 1 lynch again. ;)

Nope lol

Failed as a commuter
There was a time when I was thinking about claiming that I could make someone a commuter for a night by using my Concussion Mine, but I decided against it because I probably would have gotten myself lynched.
And I'm not the only one who misplayed his role

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yeah Ouro didn't even get his role name right and look how well that turned out for him.

Sawneeks

Banned
Well played everyone. c:

Extra props to Scum to riding it out. You guys had some serious bad luck throughout the game but you all did well despite that.

Ouro for potg.

Haly

I think it's some twist of fate that Ouro was Torbjorn, because his gamemaking play is just one of those "Torb doing nothing while wracking up kills" recaps.

Mazre

Grats town.

Generally had fun, was wrong about almost everything (except no cop, SUCK IT!) Should've absolutely done something more with my 1-shot lynchproof.

Top Town: Ouro
Top Scum: Ty (Scum chat debates with Blarg were pretty great reading)

Sophia

Grats town.

Generally had fun, was wrong about almost everything (except no cop, SUCK IT!) Should've absolutely done something more with my 1-shot lynchproof.

Top Town: Ouro
Top Scum: Ty (Scum chat debates with Blarg were pretty great reading)

There was a cop, technically, in Nin. Sure it was one shot and part of a JOAT but... :p

Haly

I don't know how role madness balancing works but scum looked a bit overwhelmed on the ability front. Tons of vigilantes, doctors and immunities everywhere.

Sorian

Banned
I don't know how role madness balancing works but scum looked a bit overwhelmed on the ability front. Tons of vigilantes, doctors and immunities everywhere.

It was but (sorry melon and *Splinter), think about how many strong kills there were and how useless the doctors ended up being. A lot of the issue here came in that non-scum killers hit perfectly and scum tied themselves together a lot day 1. As much as nin hurt scum, he could have easily wrecked town as well. Anyone who commuted were the real protected entities, doctors were only going to be real threats at super end game and at that point they're likely claimed.

Sorian

Banned
Also Ty had a role interaction that no one on scum thought about. As he could roleblock people in advance, he could actually roleblock commuters. If he locked an even commuter down on an odd night, they remain locked in place until he targeted someone else, I would have run that the commuter no longer being able to commute.

Ty4on

Also Ty had a role interaction that no one on scum thought about. As he could roleblock people in advance, he could actually roleblock commuters. If he locked an even commuter down on an odd night, they remain locked in place until he targeted someone else, I would have run that the commuter no longer being able to commute.

That seemed pretty obvious extrapolating from the PM. I speculated if that was the case with AB's hider ability as well:
2 - Kill cabot and block AbsolutBro. We will learn if the block goes through if that's the case then AB cannot confirm Nin, but if the block is quick enough to stop AB we have zero chance of getting a double kill. If I do survive the next day we can be pretty sure AB will be blocked for the next night though and can then kill him.

It also required you to waste your roleblock for one night. Not sure why anyone would do that.

Sorian

Banned
That seemed pretty obvious extrapolating from the PM. I speculated if that was the case with AB's hider ability as well:

It also required you to waste your roleblock for one night. Not sure why anyone would do that.

All of my lols :p But you did end up with a cop confirmed commuter and killing a commuter on a night when they should have been commuting would have been huge in terms of keeping town distracted talking about garbage for a day.

Ourobolus

Banned
For the record, Roleblockers normally cannot block a commuter. Not sure if Hider falls under the same category, but still. Was not expecting that to be in this game...

Haly

ALSO!

I disagree on principle that "strong" would go through target switching. Maybe it's just because I'm an MTG player but I feel piercing through "protection", like "Protection from Black" or "Indestructible", is different from exchanging "Targets".

Sorian

Banned
ALSO!

I disagree on principle that "strong" would go through target switching. Maybe it's just because I'm an MTG player but I feel piercing through "protection", like "Protection from Black" or "Indestructible", is different from exchanging "Targets".

I don't feel bad about this one, it's just mafia terminology. The word "strong" is just supposed to be a guarantee that you are hitting who you want to hit no matter what. Now there was one way in this game to stop a strong kill but had it occurred, the strong shot would have been returned to the scum team for re-use.

Grats players and GM!!!

Town overwhelmed... Woop! Yonyon was my favourite player though. Seconded by delicious melon!

But, good work townies!!! You did it!!! Great team work!!!

Nerf ouro pls

Beanie, submit to roya's sublime vote counting tool in future games please~ I didn't mind helping out but time zones isn't always a friend :3

Ourobolus

Banned
ALSO!

This too.

Apt101

I tried this game tonight. Yikes. Easily the worst FPS ever made. Made me uninstall the Blizzard installer.

Fucking hell this game is bad in every way bad is a word. woof.

Sorian

Banned
I tried this game tonight. Yikes. Easily the worst FPS ever made. Made me uninstall the Blizzard installer.

Fucking hell this game is bad in every way bad is a word. woof.

The game was so bad that it made you bump a year old thread that isn't about the game at all. That's top quality right there.

*Splinter

Don't worry, I'm here to channel a response directly from an actual Overwatch thread:

angel_of_okay.jpg

I don't even like Overwatch

Top Bottom