• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Ranker (Capcom x RPG x PSP) Information Thread

duckroll

http://www.capcom.co.jp/LR/system/category4.html

This week's update is about Ultimate Attacks. These moves are special cinematic moves that major characters in the game have. When they are activated, the battle turns into a cutscene presentation ala Limit Breaks. The twist here is that there will be QTEs when such an attack is used against you, so by timing a button press just right, you can counter the move and cancel the rest of it. By defeating major story characters in battles, you will learn their Ultimate Attacks which can then be mapped on the L button. Since only the L button is used for such attacks, you can only equip one for each style in battle.

pic_ss20a.jpg
pic_ss20b.jpg

pic_ss21a.jpg
pic_ss21b.jpg

pic_ss22a.jpg
pic_ss22b.jpg

pic_ss23a.jpg
pic_ss23b.jpg

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
I guess no one posted this?

6/18 video blog update
http://www.capcom.co.jp/LR/lrtv/

They had Matsukawa (producer) play the game and she showed off one of the Ougis (aka Limit Breaks) you can get in the game. It looks a bit silly but it's entertaining to say the least.:lol

duckroll

Oichi said:
I guess no one posted this?

6/18 video blog update
http://www.capcom.co.jp/LR/lrtv/

They had Matsukawa (producer) play the game and she showed off one of the Ougis (aka Limit Breaks) you can get in the game. It looks a bit silly but it's entertaining to say the least.:lol

I would have posted it, but I didn't want to get about double-post! Interest in JRPGs with no US releases announced on GAF = zero. :(

But now that you posted, I can post that today's staffblog updated with the field/dungeon team talking about the graphics in the various locations, with pics!

http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/LR/other/201006221.html

pic01.jpg

pic02.jpg

pic03.jpg

KTallguy

Banned
Just watched the limit break video.

Lol at the producer getting owned and the 土下座.
I like that the timing of the block is a bit strict.
The limit is definitely over the top, but I would probably only use that once before shelving it for one that animates faster. I wish it was about the speed of the God Hand one.

Aeana

Looks sooo awesomeee.

Urban Scholar said:
So just for confirmation's sake is it just you and I getting this around release? And I have a new wallpaper for my cellphone.
I'm getting it, too.

duckroll

The different types of Skill Chips:

txt_skill1.gif

Command Skill - These are skills which are related to normal commands. For example "Counter" and "Just Guard", which give you the ability to aim your regular attack or guard to gain extra advantages in battle.

txt_skill2.gif

R Skill - These are special attack skills which you map onto the face buttons, and trigger in battle by holding R and then pressing the respective face button. These are limited to a number of uses in each battle.

txt_skill3.gif

Ultimate Attack Skills - These are like limit breaks. Extremely powerful special attacks with cinematic execution. The Ultimate Attack can be triggered by holding R and pressing L. When an Ultimate Attack is used, the use count for all R Skills are reduced to zero.

txt_skill4.gif

Combination Skills - These skills are connected to other Skill Chips and alter the properties of the connected skills, sometimes creating special properties.

txt_skill5.gif

Auto Skills - These are skills which automatically trigger in battles when the condition is met. For example a skill which recovers your health automatically when your HP drops below a certain level.

txt_skill6.gif

Parameter Skills - These are Skill Chips which increase your stats. Depending on the chip, it will boost stats like HP, Attack, Defense, etc.

Aeana

I really like how not all of the skill chips are abilities. Passive effects and stats would make balancing it all out much more interesting.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
I'm also getting it, because I'm buying the LE so I can grab the bonuses and send them off to duckroll. :lol

I was liking this game before, but the customization has just put it on my Do Want list. Lets hope for a localization
or a translation patch

Top Bottom