• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Trailer #2 (Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kLeN7SN.jpg

These guys are Knights-of-Ren levels of badass!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Yah, but how are they going to explain Leia's absence on screen? "Off on some mission" thing?
The story pretty much ends when she enters the picture. I don't see any problem. You could have a lookalike at the end of the movie, or just imply that she is next in line to receive the plans.

Ristifer

Anyone else feeling way more excited for Rogue One then they were for The Force Awakens?

It's a very strange feeling.
Not really. It's more Star Wars, so I'm pretty much on an equal level of anticipation.

But, I still like the idea of a more "gritty" approach with this one.

jpl2OGdl.jpg

How come everyone looks so fucking badass in this film.

I'm half-expecting a Maz Kanata cameo because surely there has to be at least one shitty design in this film.

duckroll

Anyone else feeling way more excited for Rogue One then they were for The Force Awakens?

Nope, not even close. The movie looks visually stunning, but I still don't believe Edwards can do drama well, and we already had a Star Wars movie last year. I'm looking forward to it, but it's not super exciting. Even the female and minorities in major roles thing was done last year in VII. It's great they are continuing with it tho!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious

I am not under the delusion that I was under during the TFA hype cycle that it was going to be the second coming, so no.

But Rogue One does look kinda like the supplemental Star Wars material I grew up on in during the 90s (ie Del Ray books and LucasArts games), so maybe it will satisfy me in that way. I dunno. We'll see.

Won

It was always the more interesting project of the two for me. But honestly the trailers and to lesser extend TFA kinda killed my interest in this.

Reviews and impressions need to be great to get my ass in the seat at this point.

Monocle

The PT had great aesthetics thank you very much
Hit and miss. For example:

+ Naboo's architecture and vehicles
+ Queen Amidala's outfits
+ Palpatine's outfits
+ Darth Maul
+ Kaminoans

- Nemoidians
- Gungans (the species, not their aquatic city)
- Geonosis, the Geonosians, the arena creatures, most of the things in AotC's third act
- Anakin's outfits and styling
- post-transformation Palpatine's stupid rubbery face and weird flimsy cloak that doesn't drape correctly (compare and contrast with his perfect RotJ makeup and cloak)

So are we getting some Sheev in this bad boy or not
Let it die!

GhaleonEB

+ Palpatine's outfits
+ Darth Maul
+ Kaminoans

- Nemoidians
- Geonosis, the Geonosians, the arena creatures, most of the things in AotC's third act
- post-transformation Palpatine's stupid rubbery face and weird flimsy cloak that doesn't drape correctly. (compare and contrast with his perfect RotJ makeup and cloak)

-What's wrong with your faaaaaaaccccceeeeee?

A contrasting of the creature designs in the PT to OT, TFA and, from what we've seen of Rogue One, are not flattering the PT, in general.

Monocle

-What's wrong with your faaaaaaaccccceeeeee?

A contrasting of the creature designs in the PT to OT, TFA and, from what we've seen of Rogue One, are not flattering the PT, in general.
Pretty much. TFA's art design is a cut above the PT's nearly across the board, and Rogue One looks to be just as strong in that area.

I mean... name a better droid design than BB-8 in the PT. It can't be done!

And Kylo Ren's design is just stunningly good on its own, much less compared to the PT. Maul is cool and all but he doesn't evoke the classic Star Wars aesthetic like Kylo. His helmet alone is a masterpiece.

I forgot to mention in my other post how much General Grevious sucks. Trash name, trash voice, trash design, trash characterization. Having Maul return in AotC would have been much better.

+ Palpatine's outfits
+ Darth Maul
+ Kaminoans

- Nemoidians
- post-transformation Palpatine's stupid rubbery face and weird flimsy cloak that doesn't drape correctly (compare and contrast with his perfect RotJ makeup and cloak)

Let it die!

I'd swap Kaminoans and Nemoidians in your list. At least the Nemoidians sort of looked like an extension/evolution of the Emperor's aide designs in RotJ:

Inner_circle.jpg

databank_neimoidian_01_169_f4d61512.jpeg

Plus, bonus points for being practical costumes with cheesy rubber masks.

The Kaminoans barely evoked Star Wars at all for me. Maybe it was the general fakeness of every scene they were in that put me off.

In contrast, nearly every Rogue One design I've seen is on point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom