• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Outlaws Releases August 30th

ManaByte

UbiSoft's Japanese YouTube premiere page for the story trailer today leaked the release date: August 30th:
luSaiie.jpeg

c6KfuLf.jpeg

Certinty

I always assumed this was like a 2025 game.

Either way, it’s Ubisoft so i’m not going to get excited. Not that their games are bad, they just aren’t great these days.

Lupin25

AC Mirage was decent, but has numerous price cuts. The Nexus VR didn’t work out. Prince of Persia was a great side scroller, but didn’t sell well.

They need this & AC Red to perform well. Hence why they’re so eager to show this off.

1brWq5n.gif

RvMIWo4.jpg

When are people going to fucking learn with UBI?

Who cares about the “community manager” lol.

Those individuals with an agenda are everywhere in the industry, so you might as well quit gaming if you’re going to avoid a game, because of them.

Ogbert

Ubisoft can make excellent games. Their problem is milking tired franchises.

The Division is a great title, with excellent and ongoing support. They’ve also released the Rabbids stuff with Nintendo, Prince of Persia, Atlus, Phoenix etc.

They are much better than other AAA publishers and my hope is that this title is good fun. It doesn’t need to be original. Just well made and enjoyable.

Cool, will probably watch some gameplay videos on release and pick it up dirt cheap when there is some down time next year. In no rush to play Ubisoft games unless they're called Splinter Cell.

StueyDuck

Community Managers run the social media accounts. They don't do anything with the actual game.
I mean if i was making a game I'd just not hire a bigot as the community manager.

If I'd hired a sex offender and they used my platform and money to perform offensive sex acts on unwilling victims should I not hold some responsibility as the employer 🤷‍♂️

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
First time paying attention to this game. Google findings: It's a Massive Entertainment game (developers of Division 1 and 2). They also developed the Avatar game that came out in 2023. Back to back releases like these seem like a red flag, but gameplay videos are actually looking good. Let's see how it turns out.

Ogbert

First time paying attention to this game. Google findings: It's a Massive Entertainment game (developers of Division 1 and 2). They also developed the Avatar game that came out in 2023. Back to back releases like these seem like a red flag, but gameplay videos are actually looking good. Let's see how it turns out.

I trust Massive.

They’re a really competent studio.

TheUsual

Gold Member
I'll definitely be watching this as release comes close. Knowing Ubisoft, they'll have deep discounts not too long after release.

Cautiously optimistic on this game. Hope it's solid.

MiguelItUp

Well, I guess if she’s just a community manager, I don’t actually care since she wouldn’t be involved with the development or content of the game thankfully. I don’t really care about community managers in general, to be honest.
Yeahhhh, CMs basically helm all communications that are player-facing (social media, discord, etc.) and anything/everything in-between. They can also be the messengers bringing community sentiments to the dev team. If there's a CM that has personal opinions you don't agree with or something, you can still enjoy the product for what it is. They can provide personal feedback from play sessions, sure. But a lot of that is filtered through multiple folks. I think folks have just been knee jerking as of late as some CMs appear to be.... quite the characters. 🤷‍♂️

Massive does good work, so I feel like this will be decent or average at its worst. But I dunno, to me it's felt very confident, though I could be mistaken. Hopefully not!

SJRB

Gold Member

Division-era Massive was amazing. Division 2 was mid, and Avatar was straight up bad. The decrease in quality is very apparent.

And Ubi can't seem to release a good game to save its life, they have had a dreadful couple of years.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Definitely will be keeping my eye on this one for SBI AND DEI-isms which will for sure be there seeing as it’s been in production for years.

Will absolutely be waiting for a price drop assuming it’s even any good. The pretty Snowdrop visuals couldn’t save Avatar that’s for damn sure.

Stafford

I want this to be awesome. The gameplay reveal was great. I hope the new trailer won't shock us with a massive graphical downgrade. But I probably shouldn't be too worried. After The Division 1 and WD1 I don't recall them really doing that anymore.

Dr.Morris79

Yeahhhh, CMs basically helm all communications that are player-facing (social media, discord, etc.) and anything/everything in-between. They can also be the messengers bringing community sentiments to the dev team. If there's a CM that has personal opinions you don't agree with or something, you can still enjoy the product for what it is. They can provide personal feedback from play sessions, sure. But a lot of that is filtered through multiple folks. I think folks have just been knee jerking as of late as some CMs appear to be.... quite the characters. 🤷‍♂️
Which would be a good barometer normally with any product. This is UBI though and you only have to look at their latest past catalogue to know this isn't the case..

It's now a company so balls deep in this DEI shite you don't even have to try and find it. It's quite blatant at this point, this 'community manager' is just a figurehead for it. They know they can say shit like this as the company is indoctrinated with it to the core.

It's not for me to say how people want to spend their money but if anyone enjoys this stuff, spend away 🤷‍♂️

I sure as shit won't. This was never what gaming was about. They can take their political stance, man hatred and racism and shove it up their arse.

I am a 42 year old happily married father of 2, but the player character is killing the game for me, if I have to play as a women that please as an attractive one… Tastes are different, so perhaps it’s just me, but somehow she seems to me to be a result of this whole „more average looking women“ discussions…

Top Bottom