• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Outlaws locks Jabba the Hutt mission behind paywall

digdug2

"aLL boDies aRE BeAutIful"

star-wars-special-body-positivity-edition-v0-fveb30erasxa1.jpg

star-wars-special-body-positivity-edition-v0-gojig0erasxa1.jpg

star-wars-special-body-positivity-edition-v0-sxtov0erasxa1.jpg

star-wars-special-body-positivity-edition-v0-3t8tn9erasxa1.jpg

jabba-the-butt-v0-xnjvxjj3algc1.png
Mmm... Jabba the Butt.

Edit: forgot the obligatory "Fuck Ubisoft, I'm not buying this bullshit"

Last edited:

GymWolf

If you have PC and you REALLY wanna play the game do Ubisoft+ and then cancel your subscription when you're done. Chances are you'll be done with it before the month is over, so $18 and nothing more.

I've never cared for Ubisoft, and stuff like this will make the above a no brainer when there's a game once in a blue moon they release that I'm interested in.
I did this for valhalla and avatar (thank god, imagine playing full price)

MiguelItUp

I did this for valhalla and avatar (thank god, imagine playing full price)
I'm happy to see so many people doing the same. It just really felt like a no-brainer, especially for folks that may not be super into Ubisoft or their games, but do have the occasional curiosity about some releases. Made a ton of sense with Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown. Especially since I personally don't want to buy it until it comes to Steam one day. Well, assuming it does, lol.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Are you comparing expansion to low effort mission DLC? You are the strange one here.

How do you know it's "low effort"?

Judge the content based on its merit alone, not some preconceived notion of what you imagine it to be.

Y'all want more AAA SP games, this is how it has to be

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
How do you know it's "low effort"?
Because InFAMOUS Second Son got this type DLC mission with Zeke from pervious game, which they didn’t put the effort to make model of him, it all through audio conversation.
Y'all want more AAA SP games, this is how it has to be
First I don’t give a rat ass if it’s AA or AAA, I just want good SP.…Second we get games like Elden Ring tyat have became highly successful without any of these crap and they are putting out big expansion that actually worth the asking price.

Last edited:

Danjin44

2024 Ubisoft is not 2013 Insomniac FYI. Crazy comparison.
Not really, we got many of this type of DLCs and 90% of them were low effort.

Your comparison between this paid DLC that wont even last an hour to full on expansion which is “crazy”.

Mikado

It's possible that my earlier appreciation and hopes for Massive after The Division games may have been misplaced.

GymWolf

I'm happy to see so many people doing the same. It just really felt like a no-brainer, especially for folks that may not be super into Ubisoft or their games, but do have the occasional curiosity about some releases. Made a ton of sense with Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown. Especially since I personally don't want to buy it until it comes to Steam one day. Well, assuming it does, lol.
I usually hate not owning a game, but in the case of ubisoft games it's not a big deal :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Fbh

To me, it's an entitled attitude.

They made it. They're allowed to charge for it. Everyone is allowed to buy or not buy it based on how they value it.

If they artificially withheld the Jabba the Hutt mission for 6 months, would everyone be OK with that? Because that makes 0 sense to me.

I don't necessarily disagree with you.
But I don't think it's entitlement. It's as you say, Ubisoft is free to charge whatever they want for their products, and people are free to decide if they want to spend their money on it or not. Saying this Day 1 DLC makes you not want to buy the game isn't entitled. Entitlement to me would be something like pirating the game because you think you deserve the content without paying for it.

I do agree that most people would be ok if they artificially withheld the content for 6 months, and that's indeed dumb.

Kerotan

Why would you want the gold edition anyway? It includes future expansions and the jabba mission. I'll be buying it eventually.

I am against this on principle, but really, there is no reason to care. It won't be some amazing, must-play mission. People buying the standard edition wouldn't even know this existed.

GymWolf

2024 Ubisoft is not 2013 Insomniac FYI. Crazy comparison.
Even more crazy when you think that infamous is a sucker punch game.

Btw, you are extremely naive for even comparing cd project dlc to what is gonna be a shitty, throw away mission, you think you are gonna have 10 to 20 hours of content out of that jabba quest? Think again.

Last edited:

Rockman33

I’m sure the game will be 80 hours and this will be an additional 1. Everyone needs to relax until we actually see if they really locked a ton of content behind this pay wall.

near

Gold Member
"Paid DLC behind paywall"

Wow. Much shock.
Charging extra for content that should be available in the base game day one is an issue. Let me break this down for you, so you understand. There are two DLCs planned for the future, which you can pre-order (with a season pass) if you pay $40 more, to incentivize you to purchase this now, they rip a mission out of the base game and lock it behind the $40 upgrade.

Aenima

Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty @ $40 dollars. Yay!

Star Wars Outlaws Jabba the Hutt @ $30 dollars. No!

You people are a strange bunch.
Phantom Liberty is an Expansion, created and released years after the main game. Jabba the Hutt DLC is content cutted out from the main game to be sold for extra money. Thats how Ubisoft does things and its nothing new. Anyone buying Ubishit day 1 deserves to be scammed.
Day 1 DLC is a scam.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Phantom Liberty is an Expansion, created and released years after the main game. Jabba the Hutt DLC is content cutted out from the main game to be sold for extra money. Thats how Ubisoft does things and its nothing new. Anyone buying Ubishit day 1 deserves to be scammed.
Day 1 DLC is a scam.
So if they artificially delayed the content for a length of time and sold it at a later date, you'd be fine with it?

Aenima

So if they artificially delayed the content for a length of time and sold it at a later date, you'd be fine with it?
No and thats not what happened with Phantom Pain expansion. I dont buy season passes. Period. Much less DLC that is already in the game day 1 locked behing a 110$ version of the game.
The season pass idea, is that players pay for future content to be added to the game. Locking content that is already in the game behind a season pass day 1 is a whole new level of scam.

Last edited:
Just try to imagine the level of brainrot somebody continuing to look forward to this game must be suffering from. AAA(A?) and its fans deserve each other.

Last edited:

The_Verecocha

Neo Member
Game looks good, looking forward to it. If it’s worthy I’ll even buy the DLC. Worthy of more moaning, whinging and whining? Nah, but you guys go for it, it’s hilariously predictable, some of you need to understand what a real problem or issue is.

wvnative

So what? These paid missions are crap anyway. There is plenty of game as is.

People often overlook that pre-order missions or special edition missions are usually missions that were gonna get cut otherwise cause they are underbaked.

Aenima

That makes 0 sense.

They both made large AAA SP games and sold additional content.

The only difference is CDPR made you wait and Ubisoft didn't.

Both expansions cost time & money for their respective studios.
Jabba the Hutt mission is not a expansion. Is content that is already in the main game but you cant play it if you have the 70$ version of the game.

Danjin44

Ubisoft obviously put time & effort into the Jabba The Hutt DLC. They just did so in a different (irrelevant to the player) manner.
Shadow of Erdtree expansion is gonna have good 40-50 hours content, meanwhile you would be lucky if this Jabba quests last an hour.....Are fucking kidding me with stupid comparison?

Last edited:
Top Bottom