• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft responds as Star Wars Outlaws comes under fire for Jabba the Hutt season pass exclusive - 'Jabba mission is just one of many'

wipeout364

Why in the hell does a single player game have a season pass? or am I wrong about it being sp?

Robin Williams What Year Is It GIF

Nydius

No thanks Ubisoft. I let you sucker me with the Avatar themed Far Cry game that wasn’t very good, I’ll be waiting to buy this until deep holiday sales or next spring’s inevitable 80% off.

Shut0wen

At what point are gamers just going to learn.

Just don't buy this shit. There are plenty of games to play.
Even if they dont buy it they will still do it regardless especially considering ubishit has also made really bad dlc with the exception of ac odyssey

Extras cost extra money. Like everything in life. Duh?
It's in their rights to define what they consider extras, not incl. in the core experience. And customers either pay for it or don't, that's their right and "job".
Cutomers are better informed than ever, but act like they are being burgled and raped all the time, the manufactured clickbait outrage is just embarassing and makes more valid criticisms of actual content problems invisible.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Oh it's OK because the Quest is not that unic. But it's a cool enough mission to be behind a pay wall lol.

I'm sure people can't wait to get their hands on these chores like : go wash Jabba socks, go find Jabba a Pepsi, help Jabba in... then the reward is some mtx currency.

Tunned

Kill it with fire. Where it hurts, the pocket!

Also has sweet baby involved, will not get it even on a deep sale.

flame thrower fire GIF
Fudge, so soon they will unveil that the protagonist is non-binary, and Jabba is a black transvestite lesbian!

Krathoon

Ok, so you can buy the standard version of the game and get the season pass later. That is ok.

I am fine with that.

Krathoon

Gamesplanet has the game for $62.99.

It is just an optional mission. I would just get the season pass later on a key shop or maybe never.

It is pretty obnoxious to do that.

Last edited:

Krathoon

This is kind of why key shops are a good thing. They even out the market so companies can't monopolize prices.

Lunarorbit

WhY ArE YoU guys so hard on ubis0ft?

As if their corporate messaging with video games hasn't been fucked this entire MILLENNIUM.

Remember when they said they were taking a break from releasing ass creed every year? Did that last 2 years?

Bloated. Formulaic. Boring.

Then their ceo is a dipshit who misses off his employees.

Neilg

It's hilarious that they could have held back this mission 3 months, called it post launch story dlc and nobody would have batted an eye.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
People are trying way too hard to get offended these days.

Seriously, judge what you get for your money. Not what you'd have gotten had you paid more money.

The right option depends on how fairly these things are balanced; jumping to conclusions based on some sort of cock-eyed "principle" without any real clarity is just dumb. How are devs supposed to react when its entirely self-evident that the reaction is based in emotion not reason?

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Thank you Ubisoft for not letting me buy the game properly... and I was interested in buying it, now until GOTY comes and I'll buy it for 10 dollars.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
People are trying way too hard to get offended these days.

Seriously, judge what you get for your money. Not what you'd have gotten had you paid more money.

The right option depends on how fairly these things are balanced; jumping to conclusions based on some sort of cock-eyed "principle" without any real clarity is just dumb. How are devs supposed to react when its entirely self-evident that the reaction is based in emotion not reason?

People here seem to have the memory of a goldfish. Ubisoft has been selling different editions of their games FOR YEARS. It's usually a regular edition, a gold edition that adds sizable expansions to the main game and an ultimate version with unnecessary shit and a collector's edition with a figurine. And then there's the Launch Edition that that has digital extras like additional gear or even an extra mission. It's nothing new. But every time they announce a new game people get raving mad.

I got the Gold Editions of AC:Origins, AC:Odyssey and AC:Valhalla and all those expansions were sizable and worth the additional money. If you don't want the season pass, just skip it and get the main game. Or don't buy the game at all. But all this faux outrage ... it's just tiring.

2CkyrXi.jpg

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
People here seem to have the memory of a goldfish. Ubisoft has been selling different editions of their games FOR YEARS. It's usually a regular edition, a gold edition that adds sizable expansions to the main game and an ultimate version with unnecessary shit and a collector's edition with a figurine. And then there's the Launch Edition that that has digital extras like additional gear or even an extra mission. It's nothing new. But every time they announce a new game people get raving mad.

I got the Gold Editions of AC:Origins, AC:Odyssey and AC:Valhalla and all those expansions were sizable and worth the additional money. If you don't want the season pass, just skip it and get the main game. Or don't buy the game at all. But all this faux outrage ... it's just tiring.

2CkyrXi.jpg
Everyone here knows that Ubisoft has been doing this for years. It has always sucked and Ubisoft manages to find new ways to make it worse every single release.

But please, don’t think just consoom.

You can't use it on pre-orders. I just found that out.
hmm maybe they changed the policy then, I remember using it on some brand new releases a few years back.

Edit: actually I just checked and I used it on AC mirage at launch, so not even that long ago; policy change must be very recent then.

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
hmm maybe they changed the policy then, I remember using it on some brand new releases a few years back.

Edit: actually I just checked and I used it on AC mirage at launch, so not even that long ago; policy change must be very recent then.

"Please note that starting 1 January 2024, Ubisoft Store discount codes will not be eligible for use on pre-orders and new releases (games released in the 90 days before purchase)."

That's a bummer. I pre-ordered the physical editions of AC:Oddyssey and AC:Valhalla from Ubisoft directly with that 20% discount. It was good value, less expensive than all other online stores.

"Please note that starting 1 January 2024, Ubisoft Store discount codes will not be eligible for use on pre-orders and new releases (games released in the 90 days before purchase)."

That's a bummer. I pre-ordered the physical editions of AC:Oddyssey and AC:Valhalla from Ubisoft directly with that 20% discount. It was good value, less expensive than all other online stores.
That is indeed a bummer, oh well was good while it lasted.

Kenpachii

Exactly what i did

Top Bottom