• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Outlaws Gameplay Revealed | Ubisoft Foward 2023

What? Vertical Slice features never end up on the PC version thats a BS myth spread around gaming forums.
There is a mod to bring Watch Dogs to the original vertical slice E3 demo level of fidelity...

Obviously this isn't something you can do with every Ubisoft game but it is possible.

CGNoire

There is a mod to bring Watch Dogs to the original vertical slice E3 demo level of fidelity...

Obviously this isn't something you can do with every Ubisoft game but it is possible.

That actually looks better than the E3 reveal but then again as someone who played most UE3 games on PC @1080p 8xMSAA 16xAF during the 360/PS3 era I personally never found the Watchdogs E3 trailer impressive. Now there where some 4kish Ubisoft level Bullshots from the game that where posted on there website that looked way better in texturing and lighting that I found impressive.

Last edited:
Looks good, just need to tighten up the gameplay, shooting and platforming looked a little janky, are Ubisoft finally moving away from their shitty open world formula, too bad the avatar devs did not get the memo.

Cashon

Banned
Their BOTW clone? I've seen enought of it.
It's more than just a clone. It absolutely took it's climb anything/stamina/shrines from Breath of the Wild, but the combat has far more depth, there's an actual storyline (that seems to be hit or miss due to the humor, but it was a hit for me), and it obviously looks and sounds better on Xbox and PlayStation. Great OST as well.

If you haven't actually tried it, I would highly recommend it.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
That looks pretty cool. I was excited when I saw the compass bar, goddamned do I hate minimaps :lollipop_smiling_face_eyes:

You guys see those trees blow in the wind? I know that's not a new thing now, but I think that looks pretty cool.

Buggy Loop

Holy balls. Why couldn't Starfield do this:

Game looks absolutely amazing. The fluidity of the animation and the graphics, just slap. This is what they should have shown during the Showcase, not a CGI trailer.

Is this your first space game? You’ve been fooled.

It’s a hidden loading screen.

Just the angle of exit and the time it took to exit the planet doesn’t make sense and the sudden « fog » everywhere until when you exit « veil » you have floating debris and stations in orbit? Atmospheres don’t work like that. And you end like super far away from the planet like you would see at a very long distance, as seen at 2:28.

It’s a loading screen. Good illusion if so many peoples fell for it, but this ain’t what the likes of Star Citizen / Space engine and etc are doing.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Like what?
Like (for example) some of the PS4 exclusive games I haven't even started playing, despite the fact that I have them all on discs for almost 2 years, not to mention a few PS4 exclusives I bought on PSN. Like Valkyria Chronicles 4 CE which I bought years ago and haven't played yet. The list goes on.

Last edited:

Cashon

Banned
Like (for example) some of the PS4 exclusive games I haven't even started playing, despite the fact that I have them all on discs for almost 2 years, not to mention a few PS4 exclusives I bought on PSN. Like Valkyria Chronicles 4 CE which I bought years ago and haven't played yet. The list goes on.
Why are you buying "far more interesting" games that you aren't even playing for years after purchasing them?

VulcanRaven

This might be an unpopular opinion but I would like to see Tatooine. Would be great to explore full size Mos Eisley or Espa.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Why are you buying "far more interesting" games that you aren't even playing for years after purchasing them?
Have you heard about the state called "be in the mood"? Moreover, it's not Iike I only playing video games and not doing anything else when I have a free time.

P.S. Lots of people buying games on Steam with no intention to play them at all, I'm not one of them but.... just saying.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Is it me or does the character not really look like the actress 🤔
13995e4d46cbb5fd449e1d9cfab86006d2dae29f0ce6d70f2c026f9fe43da3c8._SX600_.jpg

Or is it not supposed too?

Last edited:
Is it me or does the character not really look like the actress 🤔
13995e4d46cbb5fd449e1d9cfab86006d2dae29f0ce6d70f2c026f9fe43da3c8._SX600_.jpg

Or is it not supposed too?
Can’t be real pretty in a video game anymore if you don’t want to be cancelled by a certain group of people. I think this whole movement is finally coming to an end though and at least we get a character that looks female again. Now only one more step to actually attractive and we’re back in business 👍

diffusionx

Gold Member
It's more than just a clone. It absolutely took it's climb anything/stamina/shrines from Breath of the Wild, but the combat has far more depth, there's an actual storyline (that seems to be hit or miss due to the humor, but it was a hit for me), and it obviously looks and sounds better on Xbox and PlayStation. Great OST as well.

If you haven't actually tried it, I would highly recommend it.
It’s also super boring.

sendit

Is this your first space game? You’ve been fooled.

It’s a hidden loading screen.

Just the angle of exit and the time it took to exit the planet doesn’t make sense and the sudden « fog » everywhere until when you exit « veil » you have floating debris and stations in orbit? Atmospheres don’t work like that. And you end like super far away from the planet like you would see at a very long distance, as seen at 2:28.

It’s a loading screen. Good illusion if so many peoples fell for it, but this ain’t what the likes of Star Citizen / Space engine and etc are doing.
Is that confirmed? Can you not control the space craft within atmosphere of the planet? The sudden fog? Do you mean clouds? Also, when the camera camera spins 8:05 to look back at the planet. The ship is clearly away from the Atmosphere.

Regardless. Every world interaction is a hidden loading screen. Modern game engines are constantly streaming data in and out of VRAM. For how immersive Starfield is going to be. I would rather see a seamless transition from ground to space, over a loading screen. Like No Man's Sky.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
After rewatching it on my big 4K set and not computer monitor. This was definitely in-engine gameplay. The camera panning chopped/stuttered a little bit in a lot of spots, and you can see noticeable pop-in. All things that would get mostly cleaned up close to launch with optimization passes.

Unless Ubi faked those things too to look more real, but I doubt it.

Cashon

Banned
Have you heard about the state called "be in the mood"? Moreover, it's not Iike I only playing video games and not doing anything else when I have a free time.

P.S. Lots of people buying games on Steam with no intention to play them at all, I'm not one of them but.... just saying.
It's your money, but wouldn't it make more sense to only buy a game when you're actually in the mood to play it?

How many employees are there at Massive to be making two huge licensed open world games with actual next-gen looking graphics, planned for release just a year apart? Like obviously two different teams but damn.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Ya this place is going crazy with this shit. It’s weird as fuck. Fishing for likes?

Game actually looks pretty good.

It's not just GAF. It's happening in alot of western countries. There's been a huge increase of woke gamers that complain everytime they seem a woman, minority, or LGBT lead in a game.

For me personally this is the best game shown in a long time. The black bars got me worried. Knowing Ubisoft I have a hard time beliving that the game will look and play like that.
I hope it does but I totallly doubt.

CGNoire

Watched it again on a huge TV. Shit was a lot less impressive than on cellphone.

I will say there doesn't seem to be a high bitrate video out there available.

dotnotbot

I still think manual flying while entering and exiting the atomosphere is up there on the list as a major fantasy of most old school sci fi nerds. Lack of it is a bummer in both this and Starfield.

That's why Star Citizen exists, no other game offers some of the ambitious things it has.

Last edited:

DeNoro

Neo Member
I don't trust Ubisoft's pre-realese graphics, but of all of their showings this is the only one i was excited about. If it looks close to this when is out, then it will be beautiful. Even though her running speed looks too heavy and slow to me, the gameplay looks fun. Who knows, maybe, after so many years Ubisoft will make me want to buy one of their games again...

cripterion

If this isn't downgraded (terms of graphical fidelity and framerate) dare I say it's one of the cleanest looking game I have seen in a while.

Whole package looks so coherent and well put together that to me looks better than Cyberpunk on RTX stereoids.

I tried to spot some pop in and didn't see any during the chase sequence? Surprised this is coming out of Ubisoft but then again Massive was up there with the Division 1. I just hope it's not all smoke and mirrors.

Last edited:

Certinty

Besides the gunplay which looks horrific, this does look way too good to actually turn out great. But here’s to hoping.

I think the protagonist is rather cute. I kind of hate all the snarky replies but she's got that nice cute girl-next-door kind of look and I like that.

Overall this game looks fantastic even though a lot of new Star Wars is really putting me down.

One thing I've noticed is that a lot of Star Wars from Disney sucks but when it comes to the video games, the quality has been very good. If only their movies are streaming series where as good as their games, they would be somewhere.

I think Disney really does care about the quality of their video game so just most likely will turn out very well but as people are saying here, the graphics probably are not going to be as good as what is shown.

Overall this has been one of the best E3 showcases. Everything from Starfield to Outcasts and Avowed I'll look really good.

Xbox is on a roll. I'm not a console board you're either and I like all the consoles for different reasons but I got to say Xbox really did show off some good stuff this summer.

MrMephistoX

One thing I've noticed is that a lot of Star Wars from Disney sucks but when it comes to the video games, the quality has been very good. If only their movies are streaming series where as good as their games, they would be somewhere.

I think Disney really does care about the quality of their video game so just most likely will turn out very well but as people are saying here, the graphics probably are not going to be as good as what is shown.
Disney cares so much about video games that they shuttered Lucasarts and Disney Infinity to farm them out to 3rd parties...the games have been good though or at least eventually in the case of Battlefront 2.

Disney cares so much about video games that they shuttered Lucasarts and Disney Infinity to farm them out to 3rd parties...the games have been good though or at least eventually in the case of Battlefront 2.
Well you have Jedi Fallen Order games, Vader Immortal, Squadrons and there might be another game or two I'm forgetting to mention but those are all pretty good games.

MrMephistoX

Well you have Jedi Fallen Order games, Vader Immortal, Squadrons and there might be another game or two I'm forgetting to mention but those are all pretty good games.
They are good games but Disney doesn't really care about gaming because they only view games as a license to print money: if they really cared they wouldn't have fired all of their in house developers multiple times.

Perrott

Gold Member
Haters of this game shouldn't be taken seriously because their complete ignorance prevents them from seeing that this is by far the most authentic and ambitious Star Wars game ever made, at least from what we see in this demo.

If Massive ends up delivering, this could make up for the cancellations of Star Wars 1313, Clint Hocking's systems-driven open-world Star Wars game, Amy Hennig's action/adventure Star Wars game and EA Vancouver's open-world Star Wars game, as well as even Ubi's own disappointments such as the first Watch_Dogs.

Top Bottom