• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1's dynamic resolution looks to be a bit broken

vivekTO

The thing is its not even Solid 60 Fps on PS4 , its averaging at best 52 FPS. Such a bizarre Solution!
Anyway, Human eye cannot percei......

If indeed the dynamic resolution is free to adjust itself to upkeep 60fps with no lower limitation, how incredibly shit are the PS4 and Xbox One hardware specs really? Does the engine seriously have to go to half of a fucking PS1 game to run 60fps?!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
RAGE'd

Hopefully there's a day one patch on the peasant launch date

If indeed the dynamic resolution is free to adjust itself to upkeep 60fps with no lower limitation, how incredibly shit are the PS4 and Xbox One hardware specs really? Does the engine seriously have to go to half of a fucking PS1 game to run 60fps?!

If I had to guess what happens is the cpu gets maxxed out and it confuses the resolution scaler to lower the resolution but if the cpu is already at its limit a resolution change wouldnt matter and so it just keeps dropping to its minimum resolution.

S1kkZ

bug aside: whats the point of dynamic resolution, when the game still has trouble holding 50 or 45 fps?

edit: wait, 30 or lower in conquest? that cant be true. i hope digital foundry looks into this.

Is this officially the first ever videogame to have a native rendering resolution lower than the average NES game to be released on a main console since the NES released?

(BTW, channeling my inner Mark from CGR, this proves that the MegaDrive and Dreamcast are better than current gen consoles!)

If I had to guess what happens is the cpu gets maxxed out and it confuses the resolution scaler to lower the resolution but if the cpu is already at its limit a resolution change wouldnt matter and so it just keeps dropping to its minimum resolution.

Interesting! That probably could be it!

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Well the human eye can't see more detail than 160x90 pixels so I don't get what the big deal is. If you stand back far enough it looks fine.

madmackem

Honestly a lot of over reaction here. This will be a rare bug if it's getting stuck on looking like this.
It was doing it sp and mp for me, I will have to try it again as I fully factory reset the console and was close to smashing it up thinking the unit was defective.

Muzicfreq

Banned
buy the premium edition to unlock more frames and pixels

(thinking back when DICE poked fun oat COD... at least CoD stays at 60fps 1080p)

void666

Banned
buy the premium edition to unlock more frames and pixels

(thinking back when DICE poked fun oat COD... at least CoD stays at 60fps 1080p)

If battlefield was a corridor shooter with no destruction and a dozen players i can guarantee that it would hold steady 60fps at 1080p.

Will it not automatically run at a higher res due to dynamic res without patch ? Scorpio will at least

If by "run at higher res" you mean "stick more often to the upper limit of the dynamic scaling range (maybe even all the time)" then yeah. But it wouldn't actually reach, say, 4k without a patch.

Top Bottom