• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1's dynamic resolution looks to be a bit broken

Elixist

dragonpunch said:
it'll go as low as 160x90

mHM3DMk.gif

Rizific

man, you gamers are so entitled. 160x90 is fine. if you sit at least 50 yards away from the tv the average consumer wouldnt even be able to tell the difference.

Elixist

man, you gamers are so entitled. 160x90 is fine. if you sit at least 50 yards away from the tv the average consumer wouldnt even be able to tell the difference.

i chuckled, you would be seeing 1080p as your output from that distance i believe

I'm assuming that the bug involves frame-drops due to CPU bottleneck. Usually dropping resolution improves GPU performance a lot, but has zero to no performance gain on the CPU. So what BF1 is likely doing is hitting a point where the CPU can't hit the desired framerate and dropping the resolution in an attempt to reach the performance target given.

I personally wouldn't want the fix to simply be a lower limit on resolution, since it would drop to the low resolution and still not increase the framerate. If and when a fix comes in, I'd like it to be dependent not on a limit that does absolutely nothing anyway (CPU bound scenarios) but to be dependent on if there is going to be a gain in framerate by dynamically dropping the resolution. It's an interesting scenario to say the least.

You sure it's not just dropping in GPU limited situations but they fucked up and forgot 2 0s and hitting 160x90 instead of 1600x900?

TheFatMan

Is this a common bug? I haven't noticed anything like that at all in the 15 hours I've played.

I have noticed some FPS dips, sometimes even pretty bad ones, but nothing like that.

Mikey Jr.

Pro launches in 3 weeks.

I think I might hold off on this game till then tbh.

Plus by then, it should have gotten a bunch of patches.

EBE

i.... kinda would like to play it like that. i cant be the only one who likes real low spec graphics. its neat seeing how bad you can make something look lol

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
This is my problem with this fucking industry. If you didn't shell out big money on an Early Enlister Edition, you have to wait for the rest of your pixels, while the whales get ALL the pixels on day one!

I know the excuse that the whales paying more helps fund pixels for everyone, but it's still a shitty practice!

I heard the PS4 Pro version only drops to 170x100

If it manages to keep the 60 fps, I'm in.

Seriously, how can they move from 60 lock from Battlefront to this?

It has dynamic weather and it's cool, but everything else looks worse and performes worse.

Operations at 40 players and rush seems perfect. They should lock at 40 players on consoles to perform better.

Newlove

This reminds me of that Assassin's Creed picture, except in this case the words should be flipped around with BF pictures instead.

VvBfh1J.jpg

Fisty

How about you early enlisters stop spoiling the fucking game for the rest of us? There won't be any awesome bugs like this left on the "real" launch day

Top Bottom