• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

80s style synth-pop/electro synth/cyberpunk music

Fix this mistake, now!! They have too many great albums.
Also recommend you their Master of Puppets remix.

I've browsed through their songs and none of it really hits me as hard as The Man Who Made A Monster. It all seems like standard synthwave stuff, good stuff don't get me wrong, but I was hoping for more in that vein

Man Who Made A Monster is more like slasher sequel hair metal theme mixed with synthwave, whereas everything else I've heard from them is more just synthwave with occasional metal elements, guitars that sound like synths/synths that sound like guitars, etc

Perturbator is doing a small US tour!

WrEwUTN.jpg

Some updates on synthwave vinyl currently on Qrates.

Qrates is a vinyl specific Kickstarter site. You put in a preorder for something and once the goal is met, it's off to the pressing plants. They don't actually charge you until the goal is met, for anybody wondering.

VHS Dreams - Trans Am is speeding to the finish, if you want it, you should get on it probably now.
https://qrates.com/artists/vhsdreams/items/12568

The Midnight - Endless Summer (Vocal Edition) is chugging along nicely, espeically considering the larger goal. I would probably suggest getting in line soon for this one as well.
https://qrates.com/artists/11909/items/12420

NightStop - Streetwalker really needs some love (it's also my personal favorite of the bunch, argh). It's moving, but very, very slowly. It's also got a small goal, so I'm guessing it just needs one good mention somewhere to get it going.
https://qrates.com/artists/Nightstop/items/12557

I'll try to do reminders every couple of pages/weeks on these.

Some updates on synthwave vinyl currently on Qrates.

awesome, thanks for keeping track of these. They especially need our attention :D

On the new front, Statickman released his best album yet, Chronovisor. Cover art is generic as hell but it is really fresh in the sound department :D

artworks-000190031242-y9geqr-t500x500.jpg

https://soundcloud.com/emerald-and-...ld-and-doreen-rec/sets/statickman-chronovisor
http://open.spotify.com/album/61UFNNLH528ghQAn8D0rcL
Also on iTunes/Juno etc. but sadly no bandcamp

So got my Gost Vinyl and one of the records has a fucked label and it's warped.

Same with my Uncanny Valley previously that was warped too.

ONLY with Blood Music do I have problems. It's ridiculous. I've sent an email and if I don't get a good response, I am done with Blood Music.

Tracklist:

1. Drift Stage Main Theme
2. Applied Dynamics
3. Main Menu
4. Zadok
5. Artificial Ego
6. Clear Eyes Clear Skies
7. Touge Run
8. Ski Resort 87
9. Pause Menu
10. Neotek
11. Exclusive Coupé

Bandcamp link: https://myrone.bandcamp.com/album/drift-stage-vol-1

It's a really fun and varied soundtrack. Give it a listen!
I backed at the tier to get the soundtrack, but I'm assuming that'll just be given out through steam when the game releases :( lol

They're obviously still working on it but even as a backer I really don't know the state of development right now. I just know they've put out a couple of cool demos

retroman

I backed at the tier to get the soundtrack, but I'm assuming that'll just be given out through steam when the game releases :( lol

They're obviously still working on it but even as a backer I really don't know the state of development right now. I just know they've put out a couple of cool demos
I have no clue either. I just hope it'll be released on the Vita!

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Grabbed a bunch of album recommendations from here and used them as background music in a Shadowrun game I just started with some friends. Went over reallllly well. Anyone have any tips for some darker stuff with that nice cyberpunk feel?

Albums I picked up so far:

Meteor - Parallel Lives
Kavinsky - Outrun
Perturbator - I am the Night
Powerglove - EP II
Statickman - Chronovisor
Tommy '86 - Transhumanism

Grabbed a bunch of album recommendations from here and used them as background music in a Shadowrun game I just started with some friends. Went over reallllly well. Anyone have any tips for some darker stuff with that nice cyberpunk feel?

Meteor - Parallel Lives
Kavinsky - Outrun
Powerglove - EP II
Statickman - Chronovisor

VHS Glitch
Mega drive
Dan Terminus
Dedderz/Dead inside the chrysalis
Lazerhawk - Skull and Shark
More Perturbator!
Gost
Dance With The Dead

SJRB

Gold Member

Meteor - Parallel Lives
Kavinsky - Outrun
Powerglove - EP II
Statickman - Chronovisor

MegaDrive - 198XAD
Protector 101 - Wastelands

Would be my top recommendations. Megadrive just for the amazing synth beats, and Protector for the kinda other side of the spectrum with awesome low-key synth audioscapes. Wastelands sounds like an unofficial soundtrack to Mad Max. But he makes fucking dope beats too.

NIN90

Any recommendations for some more "chill" stuff? Like something I can nod along to instead of getting fucking pumped like Carpenter Brut or Pertubator stuff.

Just to give some indication, right now I got Divide, Run, Dust, Decade Dance and The Way Home off the Hotline Miami 2 OST and some of Makeup And Vanity Set's 88:88 album in my playlist.

Any recommendations for some more "chill" stuff? Like something I can nod along to instead of getting fucking pumped like Carpenter Brut or Pertubator stuff.

Just to give some indication, right now I got Divide, Run, Dust, Decade Dance and The Way Home off the Hotline Miami 2 OST and some of Makeup And Vanity Set's 88:88 album in my playlist.

Benzin187's mixtapes on Soundcloud are downright bewitching. Best I've heard this side of Perturbator's Android Love Mixtapes.

HOW DID YOU NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS BEFORE ME?

I'm not as obsessed with Carpenter Brut as my avatar might suggest. I like him but he's not my favorite artist. I just absolutely adore that video. I guess the sequel sneaked up on me since I don't follow CB's upcoming projects closely.

Top Bottom