• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
XenoRaven said:
It's funny you say a lot of people don't rush down, because two of the people I play most against (you, Botox) rush down. That's why I want to learn to deal with it better. Tired of giving away free rounds where I did nothing but block until I get thrown or caught with a high/low mix up.

you should see me fight AZ Greg. I look like a deer in headlights. His rushdown overwhelms me to the point that I am mindfucked and I stop pressing buttons, not pretty :lol

AZ Greg judges distance well and he likes to stay right out of your sweep range to punish whiffed sweeps with that annoying df+hk.

XenoRaven

BotoxAgent said:
you should see me fight AZ Greg. I look like a deer in headlights. His rushdown overwhelms me to the point that I am mindfucked and I stop pressing buttons, not pretty :lol

AZ Greg judges distance well and he likes to stay right out of your sweep range to punish whiffed sweeps with that annoying df+hk.
He can punish Chun's sweep on block. =\

@Hito: Yeah, I remember a time where I was playing a lot and only playing Chun, then I tried to pick another character and was amazed at how slow they moved and how much their normals sucked. I still really suck with Guy because his limbs are so short and I never know what to do with him other than run slide/overhead or Bunshin Flip. >_> I definitely know it's good to dabble in other characters a bit. Helps you realize and appreciate the tools your main has, and helps you not take them for granted.

Threi said:
I have to ask though why were you sitting on full super the entire match? Were you planning to combo into it? Because a lot of those blocked headbutts could be punished with EX Sobat.

Anyways can you give advice on the DeeJay/Rog matchup? I could use some tips :)

Somehow I didn't think of punishing the headbutts with EX-Sobat. Usually I get punished badly for using it so I'm being careful with it.

I fought a few 4000-5000 PP Rogs and seemed like staying away and zoning was the best strategy. I usually lose because I still can't block Rog's overhead.

1) Throw a lot of fireballs. Slow ones because it's harder to TAP those and easier to control space. But you have to be ready to counter after a fireball because of his ex-dashes. Slide beats them often.
2) Jump-ins can be anti-aired with slide.
3) Cross ups are fairly safe since the headbutt doesn't work on those. Auto-correct EX-dashes will work, but they can be safe jumped probably.
4) U1 and U2 are both good in this match up. U1 is good for countering TAPs or dash punches. U2 is also good because it can be done easily after a focus crumble.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
God's Beard said:
Last time I asked you guys what all your favorite "fuck meter" combos were.

This time, I want to know what everyone's "secret weapon" combos are.

What combos do you use when you have a REALLY big opportunity, like a stunned opponent or a whiffed Ultra?

Dudley:

jFP, cFP, RH xx EX MGB, cRH, Ultra 2. 559 dmg, 705 stun
meterless variant: jFP, cFP, RH xx Fierce MGB 395 dmg, 671 stun
combo base: jFP, cFP, RH 304 dmg, 522 stun

2mxq12.gif

What I use for what I think are my 3 mains.

Honda: cr.fierce into super. does about half.
Rose. Jump RH, close Fierce Super, If I have U2 I'll throw that in there. Does about 45% to 55%
Juri: Jump RH, close fierce, super.

Yeah, I use supers plenty. None of my chars rely on FADC that much. Rose uses it some, Honda and Juri not really period.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can't access SSFIV from here but can someone tell me how much (approximately) stun Balrogs j.hp, cr.lp, cr.lp, cr.mp, headbutt gives?

XenoRaven

Hitokage said:
Ideally you use sweep to counterhit, not hit. Vega flat out beats you in range so you gotta snipe him.
Yeah. Against other characters I like to throw it out there and see if I can catch them pressing buttons, score a knockdown and put some pressure on them. I now know that it doesn't work against Vega, and possibly other Chuns. I use it sparingly, and try to avoid it when someone can punish with a Super or in El Fuerte's case an 500 damage Ultra.

XenoRaven said:
He can punish Chun's sweep on block. =\

yeah, that too :lol :-(

What I rely on against Vega is scoring a throw so I can start my offense with jump Cr.hp option select hasanshu.

and when I was learning Cammy, it took me a while to cope with her crappier set of normals after playing Chun for so much.

Threi

notag
Rocky_Balboa said:
Somehow I didn't think of punishing the headbutts with EX-Sobat. Usually I get punished badly for using it so I'm being careful with it.

I fought a few 4000-5000 PP Rogs and seemed like staying away and zoning was the best strategy. I usually lose because I still can't block Rog's overhead.

1) Throw a lot of fireballs. Slow ones because it's harder to TAP those and easier to control space. But you have to be ready to counter after a fireball because of his ex-dashes. Slide beats them often.
2) Jump-ins can be anti-aired with slide.
3) Cross ups are fairly safe since the headbutt doesn't work on those. Auto-correct EX-dashes will work, but they can be safe jumped probably.
4) U1 and U2 are both good in this match up. U1 is good for countering TAPs or dash punches. U2 is also good because it can be done easily after a focus crumble.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind :)

Hey just got back from Evo. Did I miss something? Where's the other 85% of the thread :lol? Edit I see. Good job I guess ;)?

Anyway, gonna try and learn Ibuki now that Evo is over. It'd be nice to have an alt again, and not one so far from my main.

R.I.P. Guile.

Killa Sasa said:
Hey just got back from Evo. Did I miss something? Where's the other 85% of the thread :lol?

Anyway, gonna try and learn Ibuki now that Evo is over. It'd be nice to have an alt again, and not one so far from my main.

R.I.P. Guile.

This makes me happy. :D

Killa Sasa said:
Hey just got back from Evo. Did I miss something? Where's the other 85% of the thread :lol? Edit I see. Good job I guess ;)?

R.I.P. Guile.

how'd you do at evo??

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
PS3 peoples. Practice up. Tournament coming Sept. I'll reveal details as times goes on. And this time I can be directly involved with matches. :D

Despite what you hear, bigger is not always better. :D

asdg.gif

God's Beard said:

What combos do you use when you have a REALLY big opportunity, like a stunned opponent or a whiffed Ultra?

Dudley:

2mxq12.gif

I've got next to none. Can't pull combos consistently with 360 controller and not worth taking the chance. I got a modded EX2 stick, Fightpad, and a 360 controller and can't do shit with any of em :lol

Only combo I can rely on is with Chunli and that's jump. h.punch + l.spinning bird kick and jump h.punch + (2) back m.kick + down + up m.kick into Ultra but I can only pull that off maybe 30%-40% of the time.

Kadey said:
PS3 peoples. Practice up. Tournament coming Sept. I'll reveal details as times goes on. And this time I can be directly involved with matches. :D

I should be able to get my TE stick dual modded by then and be able to partcipate in this...granted it not being random select. I want some damn redemption!!!!

Still salty. :mad:

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
damn, I'd buy ssf4 for ps3 just to join the tourney...

but then again, I cant play on the dualshock for SHIIIIIIIIT, FUCK!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Of course it's random select. Everybody is being put on blast. :lol

If only Kumie-san could enter. I know he would love that Juri statue. Especially since it's like limited to 350 in the world.

XenoRaven

Oooh, if I remember right, the Chun-Li stick comes out in September, which I plan on getting for the PS3. Hopefully it arrives in time. Then again, Halo Reach is in September too. I'll just have to make time!

EraldoCoil said:
how'd you do at evo??

Went 4-2, lost to BBH's Bison and Eita's Akuma. Felt like I should've won both but w/e I didn't and props to them.

For money matches, I scrapped out wins against FChamp and Hiro but got bodied by Mike Ross, Keno, and a Fei-Long player from Toronto, RPGv2 (gave me a new found perspective on Fei :lol He beasted on me while he was drunk, but apparently he's better when he's drunk :lol it was 3 or 4 am I think, I went to gamble afterwards to make my money back but I digress). Also barely lost a MM against Air, had a lot of match points but couldn't put it together. All these guys were real chill. Pretty much everyone I met was, 'famous' or not.

Really fun despite massive waiting time for matches.

DarkSloth

Kadey said:
30 second rounds, best of 7 matches with random select please!!!

and no prizes

Killa Sasa said:
Went 4-2, lost to BBH's Bison and Eita's Akuma. Felt like I should've won both but w/e I didn't and props to them.

For money matches, I scrapped out wins against FChamp and Hiro but got bodied by Mike Ross, Keno, and a Fei-Long player from Toronto, RPGv2 (gave me a new found perspective on Fei :lol He beasted on me while he was drunk, but apparently he's better when he's drunk :lol it was 3 or 4 am I think, I went to gamble afterwards to make my money back but I digress). Also barely lost a MM against Air, had a lot of match points but couldn't put it together. All these guys were real chill. Pretty much everyone I met was, 'famous' or not.

Really fun despite massive waiting time for matches.

How was Keno's Rawg? Beastly? Given your perspective playing against him.

black_vegeta said:
How was Keno's Rawg? Beastly? Given your perspective playing against him.

He didn't really advance on me at all, just seemed to have his spacing down really well and never dropped a combo. Always managed to get a life lead and sit on it. Great reactions and reads all around, and playing Cammy himself really let him know exactly what was punishable and how best to deal with her. The best way to describe it was really refined. Nothing extravagant other than how wall-like it was. Really hard to crack his defense and didn't fall for the same thing too many times. Only thing I noticed (and this was true of basically everyone I played) is that a lot of them ate hooligan tech trap for a loooooooooooooong time. Keno was quickest to adjust for sure, and that comes from using Cammy IMO.

That's not to say he isn't great because he is, it's just that he made me work really hard for every round win and really knows his character well. I'm not saying because he uses Cammy doesn't mean he wouldn't body anyone else I could bring out either :lol.

Hard to say if I've played a better Rog or not, haven't played one as hard to crack recently, that's for sure.

vocab

Kadey said:

Despite what you hear, bigger is not always better. :D

asdg.gif

:lol

Kadey said:
Of course it's random select. Everybody is being put on blast. :lol

If only Kumie-san could enter. I know he would love that Juri statue. Especially since it's like limited to 350 in the world.
my world would be complete.

Killa Sasa said:
He didn't really advance on me at all, just seemed to have his spacing down really well and never dropped a combo. Always managed to get a life lead and sit on it. Great reactions and reads all around, and playing Cammy himself really let him know exactly what was punishable and how best to deal with her. The best way to describe it was really refined. Nothing extravagant other than how wall-like it was. Really hard to crack his defense and didn't fall for the same thing too many times. Only thing I noticed (and this was true of basically everyone I played) is that a lot of them ate hooligan tech trap for a loooooooooooooong time. Keno was quickest to adjust for sure, and that comes from using Cammy IMO.

That's not to say he isn't great because he is, it's just that he made me work really hard for every round win and really knows his character well. I'm not saying because he uses Cammy doesn't mean he wouldn't body anyone else I could bring out either :lol.

Hard to say if I've played a better Rog or not, haven't played one as hard to crack recently, that's for sure.

Good deal. Wish there was footage on this, it give me some tips on fighting your Cammy and good Cammy's in general.

black_vegeta said:
Good deal. Wish there was footage on this, it give me some tips on fighting your Cammy and good Cammy's in general.

Sorry, I don't have footage of this one or my one against Air unfortunately. Pretty sure I have FChamp, Hiro, Ross and my friend being blown up by Sherry :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Nose Master said:
Why does Ryu's 21st trial exist? :lol :lol :lol
Is it the 4 EX-bar terrible combo? :lol

Yoshichan

Nose Master said:
Medium punch fadc medium punch fadc medium punch srk :lol
Yeah, I use it all the time! I'm a professional!

Axis

God's Beard said:

Dudley:

2mxq12.gif

c.hp->rh ducking upper->fadc->rh ducking upper->fadc->ultra 2

fuck meter

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
God's Beard said:

When dizzied or whatever.

jkjc.gif

99% of the time, it's solar plexus, crouching fierce into EX Tatsu. But if I have more meter and I think about it, I do the above and go even further with adding something.

I think everybody has seen my f meter combos by now. :lol

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Just a heads-up, R.Mika, Rolento and Charlie can be bought as your PSN Avatars.

I leave the speculation to the rest of you guys... :lol

-DarKaoZ- said:
Just a heads-up, R.Mika, Rolento and Charlie can be bought as your PSN Avatars.

I leave the speculation to the rest of you guys... :lol

So it's probably the update that Ono was talking about.

Or maybe some crazy SF vs Tekken, or Darkstalkers vs SC since the Namco guy was up there :lol

The above is not a serious suggestion. It's probably the arcade/eventual DLC update. Unless they're rereleasing Alpha or something, it's pretty clear that they're doing an update to be revealed soon.

I'm going to guess 6 old characters and a new one -

R Mika
Rolento
Charlie

Elena
Hugo
Urien

New Guy/Girl
SF1 character for shits and giggles (MAYBE IT REALLY WAS GEKI)

Again, at this point, this is just me talking unsubstantiated bullplop. I'm real bored and don't want to unpack just yet.

ACE 1991

Are any of the ssfiv chRacter guides on the app store worth downloading? Or are there some good ones that are easily viewable on Idevices?

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Leunam said:
But is it new artwork?

Nah, it's on their SFA3 artwork, I doubt they would release avatars with new artwork, that would definitely give it away. Also they would be losing 1.50 dllrs worth of avatars. You know, they first sell the SFA3 avatars, later release the SSF4 looking avatars of the same characters, double the profit! :lol

MattyH

i should hopefully be on the morning (girlfriend Permitting) so corky and any of you euro gaffers wanna play im game

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ive asked Ono who is his favorite KOF character:

Yoshi_OnoChin said:
Of couse Mai Shiranui !!
Gotta love that guy.

SnowWolf said:
Getting combos down is crucial of course, but I think a lot of new players underestimate the pressure of playing in a real-life tournament. That can drop skill levels by 50% or more. I went into a tourney thinking, "Hey nobody knows what I am, if I win a match cool, but I'm just here to have fun". I thought there would be no pressure whatsoever since I'm a nobody, but there I was in my first match, missing easy Balrog combos and being acutely aware of the crowd behind me watching the fight. If I were sitting at home playing online, I'm confident I would have been able to beat the guy.

Then in my next match in loser's bracket, I had to play Yipes. I'm an online player so I'm not used to players sitting next to me, smacking the buttons as hard as Yipes does. I dunno, maybe I just have a problem with nerves and getting distracted.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that if you don't have tourney experience, start going to locals and getting used to the environment!

I like playing in person better.

I don't know how the crowd thing would affect me though...
Going to play in on of these tourneys in NYC..since I am getting better and more confident at the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom