• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

50 million PS4s sold-through as of 6th December 2016

Rymuth

halfway-there.jpg

Halfway to 100 million!

The Last Guardian being reviewed so well & delivering on the 'Greatness Awaits' messaging will only serve to help them even more. Their marketing positioning is being reinforced by their exclusives. Fucking killing it. It's impressive to watch really.

I'm very happy w my launch PS4. Congrats to Sony on delivering the goods & getting rewarded for it.

liquidtmd

Banned
WipEout, RE7, Shenmue 3, Resident Evil 2 remake, Marvel Vs Capcom 4, FFVII Remake, Persona 5 on the way, FFXV, TLG here - any one of them solo would make me jump on board, the PS4s future is bright naysayers be damned

Lionheart

Great numbers, especially if you look at the average selling price (compared to PS2) and the fact that it seems like the PS4 hardware architecture / components have the potential to drop in price easier than PS3.

With this amount of PS4 available to consumers, Knack 2 could easily sell over 1.5 millon units at $39.99 with the right marketing. Knack was very popular with kids who actually played it and was even preferred over the Lego games from my experience. Great job, Sony!

itshutton

Nicely done, with a couple of weeks to spare. I can't wait to see what they will do now the first party games are starting to arrive.

Kouriozan

Still waiting for my Japanese support explosion so I hope this is a good news for it.
Yeah I know they all switched to mobile.

just upgraded to PS4 pro

things are lookin good

Still waiting for my Japanese support explosion so I hope this is a good news for it.
Yeah I know they all switched to mobile.

dude we just got FFXV and TLG and the start of next year is packed with a bunch of Japanese games

like now a great time

Raylan

Banned
Best ever Black Friday in the history of PlayStation.

PlayStation 4 has cumulatively sold through more than 50 million units to consumers worldwide as of December 6, Sony Interactive Entertainment announced. That includes the sales of PlayStation 4 Pro.

According to Sony, PlayStation 4 enjoyed the best ever Black Friday week in the history of PlayStation.

Total PlayStation 4 software sales have surpassed 369.6 million copies sold in retail stores globally and through digital downloads on the PlayStation Store as of December 4.

Jonnax

Anyone have a link to that GAF thread there where everyone was saying the PS4 would be DOA vs a Xbox 720?

Top Bottom