• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

50 million PS4s sold-through as of 6th December 2016

Rozart

tumblr_nq0s6ueyCq1rp3wg0o2_250.gif

Good job, PS4. Good job, boy. /pat pat

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
And people thought there would never be a console again doing PS2 numbers...

Congrats to Sony. Well deserved. They did everything right this time!

Well deserved numbers, I'd say.

Sony had their priorities straight for the get-go and are being rewarded for it.

Here's to all the games I've played and will play on PS4!

Akai__

Anyone know where it's tracking compared to the Wii launch aligned?

Nintendo Wii did 50.39 Million on 31.03.2009 according to Wikipedia. Since it was released on November 19th in 2006, that's 2 years and 4 months. Compared to PS4, it's 3 years and 1 month, If I'm not mistaken.

Needs to get posted in every PlayStation sales thread. A true classic :'D

The PS4 will do worse than the VITA, they have lost to much brand recognition, exclusives and they have IPs noone gives a shit about besides nerds on the internet. Coupled with no backwards compatibility (due to the abandonment of the Cell), Sony is destined for last place again. Failing all that, the PS4 will be $499-$549 and we will get a repeat of the PS3 but this time it will be much worse.

lool

Because it needs to be asked: What's our best guesstimate on Xbox One & Wii U sales?

Why would it need to be asked though (in this particular thread)? Console warz are some 2005 shit that need to die out frankly. Seeing a console you enjoy doing well in sales bodes well for what an industry is gonna look like in the near future so there's some valuable information to be gained from that.

This. Sony still has bombs in development coming throughout the next few years like Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone, Spider-Man, Detroit: Become Human, God of War, Death Stranding and The Last of Us 2. CRAZY.
Don't forget nioh(yes that's a 3rd party exclusive being published by sony)

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Why would it need to be asked though (in this particular thread)? Console warz are some 2005 shit that need to die out frankly. Seeing a console you enjoy doing well in sales bodes well for what an industry is gonna look like in the near future so there's some valuable information to be gained from that.

Not everyone that's interested in sales data is a console warrior. Points of reference are important to assert a product success.

This mentality that everyone is looking to shit on something is really dumb.

Top Bottom