• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 sells through 6.2 million units worldwide during the 2016 holiday season

Boke1879

And the slim will get another price drop in 2017. Hoooooo boy.

edit: I Love it when something I care about does well :)

Yup. Slim will get another price drop and Pro I assume will get one in the fall as well. Then when you add games like Destiny 2, RDR2 and a new Battlefront game. Along with a Horizon, and ME:A there is a lot of games releasing this year to help move hardware.

Icolin

Banned
214712.gif

They never said Uncharted 4 sold faster than 3 in their PR, I took it as a no. UC3 shipped 3.3 million in its first day and UC4 sold through 2.7 million in its first week. There is no exact data, but if UC4 had a faster start they would have said so in their PR, something like "fastest selling Uncharted game ever".

Uncharted 3 presumably only reached 10 million years after launch, while 4 should reach that number in its first fiscal year.
There isn't any clear info from Sony but the bulk of that UC3 shipment wasn't sold through.

Fdkn

So while some people in NPD threads told us to believe that PS4 was making terrible mistakes and slowing down, the console is yet again up YoY worldwide.

Terrible decisions indeed.

Boke1879

Isn't Uncharted 4 the default game bundled with Slim consoles? If so, that number isn't that impressive.

PS4 console sales, now that's impressive.

Bundle or no bundle it's impressive IMO. Other games have seen bundles and still don't tout numbers like that.

What's this?

YTD ps4 sold through estimates by sony

So while some people in NPD threads told us to believe that PS4 was making terrible mistakes and slowing down, the console is yet again up YoY worldwide.

NPD talk =/ WW
ps4 was sold for as low as 150€ this year in europe and had many different great bundles
ps4 is way stronger in japan this year

People rebuying the Pro will surely add to that.

Uncharted numbers are very impressive. Is it the best selling first party game of this generation?

Edit: Ah, the bundle numbers mess it up a bit so it'll never be clear.

Bundle or no bundle it's impressive IMO. Other games have seen bundles and still don't tout numbers like that.

My point is that it was the main Slim bundle. I don't even think you could buy a PS4 (non Pro) without this game during most of the holiday season.

Uncharted 9 million!?

How much did the others sell? That seems insanely high and the game is still very young

What's the Pro/Slim breakdown?

Mooreberg

The jump in software sales is the most impressive part. Another price cut and God of War this autumn could be a very successful combo.

My point is that it was the main Slim bundle. I don't even think you could buy a PS4 (non Pro) without this game during most of the holiday season.

Could you even buy a Slim during the Holidays without Uncharted 4? I think there was a CoD bundle right at the end of the year, but any others?

outside of america, yeah

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
I'm honestly most blown away by that 15 million software increase. What the hell where did that come from?

YEP, the software increase (if correct) is the real MVP for them this holiday. Imagine how much money they made on that.

Boke1879

I'll predict the PS4 will sell 70 million PS4's by the end of December 2017. maybe a bit more considering the heavy hitters releasing this year.

Gotta echo the software sales numbers. That's impressive as hell. Making digital more attractive I think is adding a lot to this. The Flash sales have been on point.

People need to keep in mind that Uncharted 3 launched in the holidays so the first couple months probably looked favorable in 3's favor (at least after the first week), but after those first 60 days, Uncharted 4 caught up fast.

Alo0oy

Banned
I'm honestly most blown away by that 15 million software increase. What the hell where did that come from?

From the 17.5 million new PS4 owners.

Uncharted 9 million!?

How much did the others sell? That seems insanely high and the game is still very young

What's the Pro/Slim breakdown?

The first 3 sold 21 million combined, the first one sold like shit though so most of those were 2 and 3.

specdot

NeoGaf armchair analysts are the best analysts. Why do you think they love Michael Pachter so much?! He's always right, just like them!

Top Bottom