• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 set to release on November 2nd [S-CONF]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Truespeed said:
Well, dude, according to Ron Dennis, the Veyron had some trouble beating a car that's "15 years old" (actually, dude, it's 12 year's old) off the line.

Now, I consider Ron Dennis an honorable person so I doubt he would come up with an outright lie just to make his car look better. Odd, though, that Top Gear didn't set the record straight when they were called out. So that pretty much tells you how the facade played out.

hey, we are all car fans! sorry if i came off like a jerk! (englisch is not my nativ language)

what i wanted to say is that, theoreticaly the veyron cant lose any drag race against the f1. and that this is an even more amazing feed when you put things in perspective. one car is a super deadly device only pro drivers can savetly handle, the other a car that my mom could get to drive 400Km/h.

oh, and while i love top-gear, its more or less entertainment.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So this means the conference is at 7:00 PM CET right?

AndyD

aka andydumi
spats said:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/ will liveblog it. There won't be a stream (at least one by Sony)

There will not be a video stream anywhere from what I understand. Also, GT5 will appear, but the blowout likely wont be until tomorrow. So I think we may get a nice trailer today and maybe a Euro date, but not bullet point lists.

I think tonight will focus on Move a lot and new game and service announcements.

ram

ashbash159 said:
Even on the PSBlog it says 5PM England time. That means 6PM Germany time. Dunno why that image says 7PM.

dont forget, there is one hour to get the people in - the e-werk opens at 6 pm or 18 Uhr.

Issun23

1zh0bgo.jpg

No trailer? =/

Cigol

SolidSnakex said:
Apparently GT5 footage was shown during that 3D games montage.
If that was at the start then it was just the Top Gear and Nurburgring footage we've all seen before.

That should be a relief to European GT players since the rumors floating around was that it wouldn't release until November 23rd.
It says 'from' November 3rd.... Could that mean some countries getting it later than others?

AndyD

aka andydumi
Cigol said:
If that was at the start then it was just the Top Gear and Nurburgring footage we've all seen before.

It says 'from' November 3rd.... Could that mean some countries getting it later than others?

I read it as "available from Nov 3" or "starting nov 3".

offshore

Cigol said:

Mainland Europe gets games on a Wednesday, UK gets them on Friday. Although a growing number of games have been released on a Tuesday in the UK to match the US, although it doesn't look like they're doing that with GT5.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Those imbecile AT routines and their avoiding of cars.

you could do that in gt5 prologue

i had a schumacher/hakkinen split at fuji while running a full f1 grid, but the ai wasn't consistent and you had a one in 5 chance of a clear pass by the ai.

hopefully this is fixed in gt5.

"November 3rd"

nossj8.jpg

Firewire said:
I would like to know the answer for this.

Or is it all day slow news trickles out kind of thing?

It's basically the same thing as the E3 event. Kaz will hold an event behind closed doors for journalists and give them new details on the game while showing them additional footage. So news will only trickle out through the day because it'll take the people there different times to write and publish their articles on it.

But we should get news quicker than during E3 because some GTplanet guys are invited to the event. So they should be able to write up a quick summary compared to the longer articles by sites like IGN and Gamespot.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Glad to see a classic Lambo in there, and Im guessing those are standard cars in the top pick?...they look pretty damn good IMO.

torontoml

tapedeck said:
Glad to see a classic Lambo in there, and Im guessing those are standard cars in the top pick?...they look pretty damn good IMO.
I'm pretty sure they're premium, the windows aren't tinted at all.

So I'm pretty new to the sim racing genre. I've always been more of a Burnout guy by nature, but Need for Speed: Shift gently prodded me to explore more detailed driving physics. After that I picked up Forza 3.

In a perfect world, I'm looking for a game with physics like Forza, but with something comparable to Need for Speed: Shift in terms of cockpit view and sense of speed. The cockpit view doesn't have to be quite as stunning as NFS, but I'd like it to be good enough to make that my default view across the board.

Is Gran Turismo 5 going to appeal to someone like me?

Goldrusher

standard model in GT5 =/= classic, retro, old timer

It's probably why they changed the name from "Classic" to "Standard". To avoid such confusion.

NullPointer said:
So I'm pretty new to the sim racing genre. I've always been more of a Burnout guy by nature, but Need for Speed: Shift gently prodded me to explore more detailed driving physics. After that I picked up Forza 3.

In a perfect world, I'm looking for a game with physics like Forza, but with something comparable to Need for Speed: Shift in terms of cockpit view and sense of speed. The cockpit view doesn't have to be quite as stunning as NFS, but I'd like it to be good enough to make that my default view across the board.

Is Gran Turismo 5 going to appeal to someone like me?

GT5's cockpit view isn't as active as Shift. The camera will shift forward when you brake hard or pull back a little when you hit the gas, but it's not as violent as Shift. As far as the sense of speed goes, it all depends on the car you're driving. When you go into the GT Life mode (the replacement for the GT Mode) you're going to have to start from the bottom with slower cars. Shift automatically throws you into some somewhat high end cars so you get a nice sense of speed right off the bat. You'll have to work you way up with GT. But once you do you'll end up with cars that give you a very nice sense of speed. For example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L023Gxp4pWM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom