• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 set to release on November 2nd [S-CONF]

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Goldrusher said:
It's too bland, no lines, no curves. Just a big, wide hood and one big whaleshark mouth air intake.
you must loathe the supra then.

btw, another vote against enzo's looks here. the only thing uglier than that is that abominable enzo body tuneup by gemballa.

J-Rzez

SolidSnakex said:
Speaking of the 458, has anyone seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU5v5qmKpJs

Dude buys a 458 and crashes it the very next day. I think Jeremy Clarkson passed out when he saw this.

Some people have absolutely no business being in fast cars. This guy is one of them. Luckily it was just a plain ugly red one. Not a sexy one like this:

_MG_1792.jpg

blu said:
you must loathe the supra then.

btw, another vote against enzo's looks here. the only thing uglier than that is that abominable enzo body tuneup by gemballa.

Leave the MKIV Supra rest in peace please. Such an incredible car that had to die. Worst part is, Toyota just trademarked that name again, who knows what ugly, slow, piece of shit they'll put that badge on next.

That gemballa Enzo, those designers were like, "how can we make the car even uglier", as their motto.

J-Rzez said:
Leave the MKIV Supra rest in peace please. Such an incredible car that had to die. Worst part is, Toyota just trademarked that name again, who knows what ugly, slow, piece of shit they'll put that badge on next.
Well, I would say that the FT-86 is a good spiritual successor for the AE86, even if they don't look similar. So, who knows what they'll do with the Supra. I don't think it will be a Delta.

That gemballa Enzo, those designers were like, "how can we make the car even uglier", as their motto.
It's not that bad.

Gemballa-Enzo.jpg

It looks like a very fast catamaran on wheels. :D

^^^ That's hideous, and I didn't think they could make an Enzo much uglier...
Goldrusher said:
The [enzo] front end is perfection.

Now the 458, that's an ugly one.
Wow, this is the most backwards taste in cars I've ever witnesses IMO.

Firewire

Banned
I never got a chance to watch the Top Gear review of the Ferrari 458 Italia. But I came across it on You Tube today and I can't believe how much Jeremy Clarkson loves it, he even said it's "one of the all time greats". He really pushes the beast in his Top Gear review. The Stig does a nice lap with it as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFatyz8w6s4

458.jpg

AndyD

aka andydumi
SolidSnakex said:
I'm surprised that they didn't review the SLS AMG this season since Jeremy mentioned that it was a car that he was looking forward to.

Saving it for the GT5 episode special. :D

WTFing

Banned
I still have not finished GT5p! ;(
I'm curious, but how many of you here completed GT5p? I mean all gold medals for every level (C,B,A and S) and every Dealer's challenge?

Firewire

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
I'm surprised that they didn't review the SLS AMG this season since Jeremy mentioned that it was a car that he was looking forward to.

Ok, that's why I couldn't find a Top Gear related review then.

Can't find a video review of the Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera either, only a written review.

Melfice7

WTFing said:
I still have not finished GT5p! ;(
I'm curious, but how many of you here completed GT5p? I mean all gold medals for every level (C,B,A and S) and every Dealer's challenge?

i did :3

J-Rzez

Leunam said:
Wow.

WOW.

The 458 is a completely different beast in white.

Many times it's amazing how much of a different the color on a car can make. Plain jane reds, silvers, yellows, blues, they can all ruin a car. Proper metallics/pearls will enhance just about any cars beauty. The only two basic colors that can make something look great, is black, and pure white.

brotkasten said:
Well, I would say that the FT-86 is a good spiritual successor for the AE86, even if they don't look similar. So, who knows what they'll do with the Supra. I don't think it will be a Delta.

We'll see how the FT-86 really turns out. Yes, it looks fantastic inside and out, but, I'll reserve judgement until I'd see what numbers it can pull off. That said, perhaps the Supra name will be resurrected on the FT-86 like the old Celica-Supra.

Goldrusher

For some reason, Tesla mentioned GT5 on their Facebook:

Starting in November, you can drive the Tesla Roadster in the newest Gran Turismo. Thanks to Sony Computer Entertainment for the next best thing to a real-world test drive. Why burn virtual oil when you can burn virtual rubber instead?

Weird, as we've known about its inclusion for like a year now.
And we saw the car on the Top Gear track in the E3 trailer.

Maybe gamescom related ? Full car list ? Proper introduction of the new brands ?

Leunam said:
Wow.

WOW.

The 458 is a completely different beast in white.
The black "top half" is what does it. In full white, it's as ugly as in any other color.

offshore

Angst said:
It's an electric car. Hence no virtual oil.:lol

But all cars burn rubber, electric or not, so their context doesn't make any sense. What they should have said is "Why burn petrol, when you can draw electricity?"

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
King Chozo said:
^^^ That's hideous, and I didn't think they could make an Enzo much uglier...

Wow, this is the most backwards taste in cars I've ever witnesses IMO.
Using your same cut and dry logic about taste, I'd like to inform you that your completely wrong and don't know what your talking about. The Enzo is a beautiful marriage of technology and design.

enzo_gt said:
Using your same cut and dry logic about taste, I'd like to inform you that your completely wrong and don't know what your talking about. The Enzo is a beautiful marriage of technology and design.
I find it funny that you're calling me wrong yet, you use an exact phrase that has been used to describe the 458 in just about every review of it. Funny part being of course that you're saying it about the Enzo and against the 458.

Truespeed

sankt-Antonio said:
of course the veyron would be bad on a driving circus, it was designt to go a straight line and go after the top speed record, no other street legal car at the moment can do this as good as the veyron.

dude, acceleration is not veyrons problem. stopping this fat bastard for cornering is

that top gear battle was fake.

people have to realize that the F1 is ~15 years old... some things have changed by now

Well, dude, according to Ron Dennis, the Veyron had some trouble beating a car that's "15 years old" (actually, dude, it's 12 year's old) off the line.

"When we did the race in Abu Dhabi, we beat it off the line so many times that the film crew was getting frustrated because the outcome was supposed to be for the Bugatti to win."

"So we had to do that whole thing about ten times before it managed to get off the line cleanly and catch us up. Because every time they dropped the clutch it bogged down and we were gone."

Now, I consider Ron Dennis an honorable person so I doubt he would come up with an outright lie just to make his car look better. Odd, though, that Top Gear didn't set the record straight when they were called out. So that pretty much tells you how the facade played out.

HokieJoe

J-Rzez said:
Many times it's amazing how much of a different the color on a car can make. Plain jane reds, silvers, yellows, blues, they can all ruin a car. Proper metallics/pearls will enhance just about any cars beauty. The only two basic colors that can make something look great, is black, and pure white.

Sacrilege. Although I do dig black, white, and metallic variations, red is the proper color for Ferrari.

AndyD said:
Right, but that still does not mean every nut and bolt will be revealed. GT has always liked to save a few little things for release as surprises for fans.
Everyone has had enough of the bullshit. Just open your fucking blouse already, it's been 5 years.

dalin80

Banned
Its unlikely that we will get that much new info at gamescon, a PAL release date and the same demos to play again will be best case scenario to be honest.

dalin80 said:
Its unlikely that we will get that much new info at gamescon, a PAL release date and the same demos to play again will be best case scenario to be honest.

The reports from E3 was that gamescom would be where the full feature set was unveiled.

Expect a lot more on Gran Turismo 5 at the Gamescom European gaming convention in August, where Polyphony is expected to finally reveal all.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1099202p1.html

Multiple sites reported the same thing.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
shagg_187 said:
I don't expect them to reveal all. I think they'll save "all" for TGS.

But isn't Europe their biggest audience? I think it makes more sense to reveal everything to their biggest audience.

Yep, last year it was shown in playable form for the first time at gamescom. All E3 saw was a trailer reveal. There was also the leaked info on the website which turned out to be accurate. That seems like it was removed simply because Sony wanted to focus their attention on GT PSP for the year. So I really can't see them just showing the same demo while giving a European date.

kitch9

Banned
Truespeed said:
Well, dude, according to Ron Dennis, the Veyron had some trouble beating a car that's "15 years old" (actually, dude, it's 12 year's old) off the line.

Now, I consider Ron Dennis an honorable person so I doubt he would come up with an outright lie just to make his car look better. Odd, though, that Top Gear didn't set the record straight when they were called out. So that pretty much tells you how the facade played out.

Theoretically the Bugatti should have won............ easily. The issues there were driver error from not getting a clean start. When I say driver error, I mean even if the car is difficult to get a clean start it is possible and the driver wasn't doing it.

The crew probably wanted both cars to get a clean start to measure eggs against eggs, hence the frustration.

Omiee

i just hope they come out and say that GT5 is gonna be out on october 21st or something in europe.
i would love something like that.
oh and kart and rain would be amazing as well

-DarKaoZ- said:
But isn't Europe their biggest audience? I think it makes more sense to reveal everything to their biggest audience.

Yeah but it makes more sense to reveal everything in plain old Japanese to their Japanese audience without the need of the translator... :p

MGR

kitch9 said:
Theoretically the Bugatti should have won............ easily. The issues there were driver error from not getting a clean start. When I say driver error, I mean even if the car is difficult to get a clean start it is possible and the driver wasn't doing it.

The crew probably wanted both cars to get a clean start to measure eggs against eggs, hence the frustration.

The Bugatti's 7-Speed DSG means there's bugger all driver input to launch the car. The Macca launch is all down to driver skill.

The F1 is significantly lighter has a better power-to-weight ratio too. Despite the Veyron's weight it's the massive amount of torque produced which mows the F1 down over a longer run.

Ultimately though, the Top Gear program is all about entertainment.

CozMick

Banned
When exactly is the conference?

I expect at least, AT LEAST! multiplayer footage, "GT life" footage, and everything in the game shown in a 12 minute long trailer in 1080p

Oh and all this in a nice bullet point spreadsheet for us to see everytime we look at our desktop. :lol

Omiee said:
i just hope they come out and say that GT5 is gonna be out on october 21st or something in europe.

Oh right, there isn't a release date for Europe yet. Yes, that should announced as well. December or something. :lol

-viper-

Banned
CozMick said:
When exactly is the conference?

I expect at least, AT LEAST! multiplayer footage, "GT life" footage, and everything in the game shown in a 12 minute long trailer in 1080p

Oh and all this in a nice bullet point spreadsheet for us to see everytime we look at our desktop. :lol
I believe it is at 5PM GMT though I'm not entirely sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom