• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Women's March on Washington |OT| An intersectional march for all in 600+ cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

So to recap there are marches in Houston, Austin Oklahoma, Boston, Norway, London, Antarctica, Portugal, Japan, Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver, Paris, Seattle, Chicago, Indianapolis, Raleigh, Philadelphia, Ohio, New York, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Charlotte, Atlanta, Berlin, Munich, St Louis, Kansas City, New Orleans, Denver, and the big on in Washington DC.

I'm sure there are a bunch I left out as well, this is an amazing day for the future of mankind.

Phoenix had a pretty good turnout, I think in two locations as well. Awesome for this state.

Tonedeff

My only hope is that this momentum continues. Please let this be the call people actually respond to

Guess you never had someone smile in your face, nod and agree, then vote against your rights.

Moderates are shitty, how are you undecided on everyone having basic rights? Worried about how Nazis feel when people talk bad about em

I know plenty of people like that. They're still not worse.

So to recap there are marches in Houston, Austin Oklahoma, Boston, Norway, London, Antarctica, Portugal, Japan, Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver, Paris, Seattle, Chicago, Indianapolis, Raleigh, Philadelphia, Ohio, New York, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Charlotte, Atlanta, Berlin, Munich, St Louis, Kansas City, New Orleans, Denver, and the big on in Washington DC.

I'm sure there are a bunch I left out as well, this is an amazing day for the future of mankind.
Add Mexico City to that list. CNN isn't covering it but trust me there's one. Outside the US embassy.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Gat7hoc.png
Link to her lost?

kevin1025

Banned
He knows a lot about West Point, guys. He saw a picture once.

Also: "I'm LIKE a smart person." (Laughs from the corner of the room.)

jfkgoblue

Stop with this false narrative, that isn't why Trump won. He won because of less than 100,000 combined in three states.

The overwhelming majority talking 95%+ voted Trump cause he had an R next to his name.

Specifically, apathy in three states.
It was 100,000 in 3 "blue firewall" states. States that no Republican has won since 1988. Dismissing it as only 100,000 votes is the definition of hand waving away the election.

No amount of education is going to stop them from wanting to make sure that they keep women, brown people, black people, and LGBTQ people beneath them on the food chain.

Nope. Gotta bury them in any way possible and marginalize them politically. The only difference is that unlike them, we'll be glad to allow them basic human rights even though they're a minority.

These people are denying truth and science itself, they're gone. We have to drag them with us whether they like it or not, kicking and screaming. They can't understand that their situation is caused by themselves and their voting record. They will blame liberals, democrats, minorities for all their issues. The truth is that their old way of life is gone, long gone, and they refuse to adapt. They don't want to.

I agree with you that we have to pull them into the future if they want it or not, but abandoning them afterword is not an option, although I'm not really sure how to go about it.

Really hope this momentum is kept up for the duration of his presidency.

Oh you will. You'll see a lot more N30/Battle of Seattle level protests, likely larger if something disagreeable gets passed. They aren't going to stop.

Ponn

Banned
What the fuck is this??!! He called these poor people on their day off for this bullshit? I would be fucking pissed. Does he really think this is going to distract what is going on outside, a stump speech ballwashing his cabinet picks? He's full on sleazy salesman mode trying to sell himself. Cut away from this moron.

Guess you never had someone smile in your face, nod and agree, then vote against your rights.

Moderates are shitty, how are you undecided on everyone having basic rights? Worried about how Nazis feel when people talk bad about em

They also don't care that they voted for someone has admitted to gleefully sexually assaulting women.

Can Trump just shut the fuck up about his campaign yet. We get it, you ran a campaign and won.

We don't win anything. Standing in front of a wall honoring fallen CIA agents. Am I the only one finding this distasteful as hell?

SilentRob

"Somebody said "are you young?" I said "I feel young!"

Ah yes. I can imagine. "Oh look. It's Donald Trump. Excuse me, Mr. Trump. Are you young?"

MUnited83

For you.
Spare us all the Tone Police routine. We're done taking this shit.
I know right? The premise is complete fucking ridiculous as well :

We: " We want equality and respect for people of all races an genders!"

The idiots he's talking about : " sounds good, I'm in"

We: "Also fuck fascists that try to take away basic human rights from us"

The idiots he's talking about: "geepers! A swear word, how rude! Thanks to your rude behaviour I'm now against equality and will vote for Nazis that sexually assaulted people and invite violence !"

It was 100,000 in 3 "blue firewall" states. States that no Republican has won since 1988. Dismissing it as only 100,000 votes is the definition of hand waving away the election.

Because democrats didn't show up to vote...they stayed home. Why are you having such a hard time with this? It doesn't mean we need to start trying to convince and talk to Trump voters, again, have you talked to one and tried to convince them of supporting progressive policies.

Why does he keep talking as if he was in a campaign???????? Stop saying you're going to win and do something. AND STOP ATTACKING THE MEDIA YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE

Because the only thing that changes between elections are the candidates?

Economic conditions completely changed in those locations.

SilentRob

"Maybe we'll have another chance..."?!

WAT. Did he just insinuate that he is going to invade Iraq again to take their oil?
Sweet fucking jesus America. You are so, so done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom