• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
In the "water is wet" news category; another day, another low quality ME:A topic in general gaming.

No problem. I'll just stay here, and wait for the game to melt my face off.

I actually think the 3M/6M thread is pretty chilled out with a majority of people not drive by shitposting (which is refreshing for a ME thread to be honest).

The game will easily go within the 1.8M-3M bracket, and 6M lifetime is super achievable, if a bit low IMO.

If the reviews are good and the marketing on point, that 3M first week is not unachievable at all.

Can't wait to see some marketing though, Horizon's approach seems great - a preview event with positive feedback would be cool in a few weeks....

prag16

Banned
I actually think the 3M/6M thread is pretty chilled out with a majority of people not drive by shitposting (which is refreshing for a ME thread to be honest).

The game will easily go within the 1.8M-3M bracket, and 6M lifetime is super achievable, if a bit low IMO.

If the reviews are good and the marketing on point, that 3M first week is not unachievable at all.

Can't wait to see some marketing though, Horizon's approach seems great - a preview event with positive feedback would be cool in a few weeks....

Yeah, that topic's not nearly as bad as some others recently. Only a handful of driveby shit posters rather than seemingly a majority other times. Those targets are definitely realistic. I'd expect the IGN thing within a week or two, with a flood of previews at various outlets following shortly after before the end of the month. Should be good.

Renekton

https://mobile.twitter.com/DiscoBabaloo/status/826642309949296640
3xD5T3W.png

Mediking

I personally find Miranda to be unattractive face wise (body is stunning however), but Cora to be overall far more intriguing as a LI, she's actually my type IRL so that's pretty cool for me.

I've never actually really wanted to romance anyone of the LI's in the Trilogy, but always go with Liara since she is the closest to my type, this is quite refreshingly awesome I must say.

I actually was thinking the opposite just today when rewatching the newest briefing and both cine trailers: Sara's head in particular looks comically big. Liam and Cora have big hair though, so I think that adds to their cranial bigness.

I think Miranda is very attaractive... beautiful black hair and blue eyes. Great body and tsundere personality. She actually reminds me of Yennefer alot. I waa hoping that she would get a successor in Andromeda because of how awesome Miranda is.

I'm looking forward to meeting all the characters. Cora's head does look a little big and it would be much better if her hair was like Power Girl's.

One has to wonder why BioWare made us go through all that effort filling in a spreadsheet of information and multiple choice questions for a technical test if they're pushing it so close to launch that it may as well be nothing more than a marketing beta that everyone has access to.

Did something implode along the dev pipeline that made the technical test not a viability?

prag16

Banned
Huh. So they're finally doing away with locking you out of romances based on player character gender. About time.
Huh? They're not going to make every npc love interest bisexual. That would be silly. Maybe you mean something else. But what else would "not locking you out of romances based on player character gender" mean?

Huh? They're not going to make every npc love interest bisexual. That would be silly. Maybe you mean something else. But what else would "not locking you out of romances based on player character gender" mean?

That's what I got out of the IGN wiki.

However, unlike in previous entries in the series, the relationships in Andromeda will not be restricted based on the predetermined sexual orientations of players' fellow crew members. Any version of Ryder can romance an available character of any gender or species.

Is there a convenient way to check whether Miranda died after Priority: Horizon? I warned her about Kai Leng, I gave her Alliance Resources, I continued her romance and she was loyal as of ME2. But she appeared to be wounded/dying in the cutscene anyway. I kind of skipped through it, assuming I'd somehow fucked up and then went looking, but I can't think of any reason she would have died.

Does she show up as a war asset or something? I checked in Gibbed's ME3 editor but it doesn't have any useful flags or info about it.

prag16

Banned
Is there a convenient way to check whether Miranda died after Priority: Horizon? I warned her about Kai Leng, I gave her Alliance Resources, I continued her romance and she was loyal as of ME2. But she appeared to be wounded/dying in the cutscene anyway. I kind of skipped through it, assuming I'd somehow fucked up and then went looking, but I can't think of any reason she would have died.

Does she show up as a war asset or something? I checked in Gibbed's ME3 editor but it doesn't have any useful flags or info about it.
Pretty sure she shows up as a war asset (25 or 30 iirc?) if she's alive.

So now that we know her full name I'm not sure why the abbreviated name is necessary. It's not exactly a hard thing to pronounce. I would hope at some point in the story you can stop calling her PeeBee.

Might be that she prefers to be called PeeBee.

I'm not sure how that matters. I don't entertain people who want to call themselves Buttercup Princess in real life so why would I in a game? The great part about roleplaying a serious pathfinder is that if I don't get the option to call her by her real name I can leave her in the darkest, dankest part of the Tempest and use the other, more reasonable companions for the rest of the story experience.

I'm not sure how that matters. I don't entertain people who want to call themselves Buttercup Princess in real life so why would I in a game? The great part about roleplaying a serious pathfinder is that if I don't get the option to call her by her real name I can leave her in the darkest, dankest part of the Tempest and use the other, more reasonable companions for the rest of the story experience.
LOL damn, this feels harsh. She's not asking you to call her Buttercup Princess, she's asking to be called by her initials.

Man, you sound like the kind of guy who'd call a dude Harold right after he asks you to call him Harry, huh?

prag16

Banned

Damn. If Liara had told you to call her L.T., would you have told her to fuck off?

LOL damn, this feels harsh. She's not asking you to call her Buttercup Princess, she's asking to be called by her initials.

Man, you sound like the kind of guy who'd call a dude Harold right after he asks you to call him Harry, huh?

Just a person who's tired of people thinking they're clever and edgy by calling me Bob or Rob when my given proper name is Robert.

Like I said, it's not a deal breaker. I get to use more interesting companions and don't have to use the ones I don't like. Sort of like how I left Jack to squat in the bottom of the Normandy while I had fun with everyone else. No hair off my back and world moves on.

"Ashley Williams sir, but my friends call me Ash."

"Hey your name starts with an A. You know what else starts with an A?"

"What sir?"

"The Airlock. Go jump out of it"

Killzig

Damn. If Liara had told you to call her L.T., would you have told her to fuck off?

All I ever wanted to do in ME1 was tell Liara to fuck off. So far PeeBee looks like a bit of history repeating.

"The Milky Way was so... been-there-done-that. Even if I hadn't done it, someone had."
Weren't there still a bunch of dormant relays and systems left to explore? This is very #alternativefacts of BioWare.

trre.gif

I hope you're not this rude with real life people that have unique/strange names.

Sou Da

Just a person who's tired of people thinking they're clever and edgy by calling me Bob or Rob when my given proper name is Robert.

Like I said, it's not a deal breaker. I get to use more interesting companions and don't have to use the ones I don't like. Sort of like how I left Jack to squat in the bottom of the Normandy while I had fun with everyone else. No hair off my back and world moves on.

Did Jack even remember her full name? Seems harsh man.

DevilDog

Also PeeBee is looking like Sera 2.0

Isn't this like a military operation? I'm the pathfinder/commander/spectre/grey warden so I get to call them whatever I want.
Same with Shepard in ME3 and James.

IRL my friends aren't my inferiors.

Did Jack even remember her full name? Seems harsh man.

Nothing to do with the name, she just tries to be an edgy rebel in Mass Effect 2. Everyone else in the crew has a shitty past just like her but they cooperate and don't try to start fights. Except maybe Tali and Legion, but we already know in 3 that it's mostly the Quarians fault.

I tend to find that Bioware writes these "edgy" characters fairly well. I feel like they elicit this feeling of giving another person a chance, and they mostly stick the landing with them. I remember having the same feeling with Jack, Sera, and even Leliana if I remember correctly. Thought they were edgy and lame at the beginning, but once you give them a chance, they're actually well fleshed out characters that have at least some sort of point to make.

Also, Jack was positioned as anti-social. She was separated from the rest of the children at that institute, and I believe locked up in solitary afterwards. I think they justify her behavior well enough for me to be able to buy it.

Nothing to do with the name, she just tries to be an edgy rebel in Mass Effect 2. Everyone else in the crew has a shitty past just like her but they cooperate and don't try to start fights. Except maybe Tali and Legion, but we already know in 3 that it's mostly the Quarians fault.
I don't think other members on the crew went through something "just like" years and years of severe abuse as a child, imprisonment and later being raped and taken advantage of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom