• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach & Bungie at GamesCom 2010

Letters said:
Do I have to embarrass myself in front of my non gamer facebook contacts by letting them know I'm anticipating a videogame? :/
Is a true Reach fan ashamed of their love for Reach? GAF am dissapoint.

Dax01 said:
Devin, I'm going to assume you're joking. Either way: :lol

Oh, and Letters, that is pretty badass.
It was a poorly executed joke, yes...

I know nothing of what is going on right now though to be honest... All I saw was a bunch of spoiler tags, some guy get banned and a dog wearing shades.

wtf has happened here :p

Man I am super LTTP. I've been moving into a house over the past while (and still am), so here we go:

- EazyB banned? Crazy. Sad in a way too - his insights were really great. I agree with some posters that he has been more critical and grumpy in the past year than he ever was on the H3 thread. But what he did was a bit offensive to Shishka, and I can see why he was banned. You will still be missed buddy, if you're reading this. I'll never forget pink flight elites and big bird jackals in Reach.

- Game leaks all over the place? I'm going internet dark for a bit (meaning youtube comments, etc). Unfortunate, really.

- Remember Reach.com up? videos are alright, I guess. It was absolutely stunning to see what 'normal' life is like from the artists point of view on Reach. Crazy how in 500 years, you'll still be having fights with your wife about where to move and how to support the family. Awesome skyboxes, as always, and I await the action commercials with baited breath.

And last but not least

- Critical Jeff. Oh boy oh boy. It's the end of summer and everyone is getting banned with school starting; odd isn't it. If you're reading this, its SUPER fishy when you say the LAST game you bought was GOW2, and say you don't pirate copies of games, when you're clearly on a video game forum. Odd IMO. You deserve to have your account watched.

Let the halo-ness carry on! One of my buddies just finished Ghosts of Onyx (at my encouraging) and he really liked Nylunds style of writing and was very impressed. When I showed him the new trailer, he reacted the way we all did - 'WTF? Cool.' hehe.

feel

Thanks for the compliments on the avy guys, thought nobody would ever notice. You will all now be wasting up to 7 extra seconds waiting for auntie dot to flash every time I post.

Cuban Legend said:
The follow up post goes a bit more indepth into the reasoning behind that (unnecesary) comment.

Chinner said:
dont take facebook seriously mang. if you wanna post about reach then do so.
But I don't really, I have specific msn/xbl friends and gaf to talk about reach.

[Nintex]

Cuban Legend said:
Between playing Farmville and daily comments on like 300 pictures of cute animals Halo Reach on Facebook will certainly be the last thing that causes someones e-penis to shrink.

Doodis

Letters said:
The follow up post goes a bit more indepth into the reasoning behind that (unnecesary) comment.
If it makes you feel any better, you're not the only one skipping the Facebook stuff. I'm not really interested in giving anyone that kind of access to my account.

feel

electricpirate said:
Letters, your icon is awesome, but I can't unsee the swastika behind the dragon :(
I don't see it. :/

I totally see it now.. fuuuuuuuuu

VVV ohsnap right on! Always assumed you supported the eagles or the lion, you know, because you're a bit of a lunatic.

Gui_PT

electricpirate said:
Letters, your icon is awesome, but I can't unsee the swastika behind the dragon :(

You bow down to that dragon, you. That's the best goddamn dragon in the world!

Edit: Wow, Letters, that hurt =(

MrBig

No spoilers really, just concerning the amount of campaign missions
There are 10 campaign missions including the first level. The other two are the credits and a bonus of some kind

[Nintex]

Letters said:
I don't see it. :/

I totally see it now.. fuuuuuuuuu
Let me fix that for ya
153tbw6.jpg

So any non Americans getting RememberReach to work for them? Ive tried it on like 3 different machines and when I finally get one to work with Silverlight it cant sign into Facebook. It gives me a compile time error. Hopefully thats because us euro's arent supposed to use it yet, but I get the feeling it shouldnt be giving me compile time errors if that was the case. :lol

Kapura

Banned
Sup guys, finally placed an order on Amazon for Reach. Gonna get limited edition, assuming I have the correct address for where I'll be staying the 14th of September.

Also, I didn't notice that easy got bant until it was pointed out. I don't wnat to sound like an ass, but he was always overwhelmingly negative whenever he posted. He seemed to be unwilling to listen to anybody disagreeing with him, which is the entire point of having discussions. I much prefer having Juices around than EazyB.

Wiggum2007

MrBig said:
No spoilers really, just concerning the amount of campaign missions
There are 10 campaign missions including the first level. The other two are the credits and a bonus of some kind

Does that mean 9 real missions, since the first one is just a tutorial
?

bobs99 ... said:
So any non Americans getting RememberReach to work for them? Ive tried it on like 3 different machines and when I finally get one to work with Silverlight it cant sign into Facebook. It gives me a compile time error. Hopefully thats because us euro's arent supposed to use it yet, but I get the feeling it shouldnt be giving me compile time errors if that was the case. :lol
Well obviously Mik could, and he's in Japan.

scently

bobs99 ... said:
Choose north america, works for me.

Kapura said:
Sup guys, finally placed an order on Amazon for Reach. Gonna get limited edition, assuming I have the correct address for where I'll be staying the 14th of September.
I'm sure i've asked this before... But why would you buy something on Amazon instead of doing a midnight release?

To me launch night is my favorite part of buying a game... You meet up with other Halo fans and make a memory out of it. Plus you can guarantee that you'll get the game in time, rather than waiting for some Fed Ex guy to roll up 3 hours late :lol

Not trying to be rude, just genuinely curious.

Amazon release day delivery has yet to let me down.

They'll deliver it on the 14th and I've taken the rest of the week off. Not just for Reach, but that's a nice bonus too :)

Devin Olsen said:
I'm sure i've asked this before... But why would you buy something on Amazon instead of doing a midnight release?

To me launch night is my favorite part of buying a game... You meet up with other Halo fans and make a memory out of it. Plus you can guarantee that you'll get the game in time, rather than waiting for some Fed Ex guy to roll up 3 hours late :lol

Travel, as someone who cant drive it would be impossible to make it home. :lol I also dont have that many people who would be interested in the whole midnight launch thing. It only seems like its worth doing if you can get some big lan style games going afterwards.

MrBig

metareferential said:
Concerning the mission count:

it should be training + 9 missions + bonus one
Looking at the file size, it looks to just be a normal after credits epilogue.

I also remember someone asking for the names of the campaign missions
Definitely do not click this if you don't want to be spoiled, but most of it can be inferred from what has been shown from vidocs.
NOBLE Actual
Winter Contingency
ONI Sword Base
Nightfall
Tip of the Spear
Long Night of Solace
Exodus
New Alexandria
The Package
The Pillar of Autumn
m70_a - Credits
m70_bonus - Lone Wolf

Mik2121

Zeouterlimits said:
Well obviously Mik could, and he's in Japan.
Yup, it's working for me. But the mechanical arm isn't moving even when I click on "Live monument feed"

I wonder if there's some issues with this thing. It used to update live before.

Azar

Devin Olsen said:

I was like, hmm, I can stand in line like an asshole for an hour or I can buy it on Amazon and they'll give me $20 in credit and I'll have it delivered to my door on release day.

I'm not sure if 'm going to be in Brooklyn or in lower NY state around Reach's launch, but I've found some local game shops in NYC and northern Jersey that will probably sell the game a few days early. I'll probably shop around a few days , and if all else fails, head over to best buy, or gamestop for the CE.

scently said:
Choose north america, works for me.

Yeah it lets me do everything except the facebook linking stuff. It just gives me a crazy object not found error message when I try and login.

Ill try again in 10 hours when the site goes live for the UK - Im not really holding out hope on that, does the placing light thing look awesome enough to Youtube or is it meh?

Ramirez

Devin Olsen said:

Midnight launches are the worst. First I have to stand in line with 100 morons, then I get the game back home and I'm so tired I barely even want to play. That said, I'll be in line at midnight to get my new console. :( :lol

Mik2121 said:
Yup, it's working for me. But the mechanical arm isn't moving even when I click on "Live monument feed"

I wonder if there's some issues with this thing. It used to update live before.
I can't even add my point of light. There are 'database errors' after I try to connect with facebook.

Ramirez said:
Midnight launches are the worst. First I have to stand in line with 100 morons, then I get the game back home and I'm so tired I barely even want to play. That said, I'll be in line at midnight to get my new console. :( :lol
:lol :lol Midnight launches aren't bad. Just drive up to GS at 12:15. Wait in line for a max of... 3 minutes, and you're out the door. I've done it for the past 3 midnight launches, and it was easy as pie.

feel

Just saw it properly, and I gotta say I liked the big live action clip on the rememberreach site. Nice glimpse at some Reach architecture/vistas, and the lives of the people living there before it all was destroyed.

Hypertrooper said:
Damn. SOmebody spoiled me a level because he didnt pack the screens into a spoiler tag. Damn.
In the leak thread? I'm scared of going in there with all the randoms posting, someone is bound to drop some huge spoilers inadvertently.

Mik2121

bobs99 ... said:
Yeah it lets me do everything except the facebook linking stuff. It just gives me a crazy object not found error message when I try and login.

Ill try again in 10 hours when the site goes live for the UK - Im not really holding out hope on that, does the placing light thing look awesome enough to Youtube or is it meh?
Not really all that amazing. You have the small window with the arm and the main lights for each character, and you can place your own light anywhere within that image, then the arm will go and light it up a bit.

Lazslo

So with all these campaign leaks and footage out there, I'm itching to play some H3 campaign. Would anyone here like to join me for the mission The Ark? Snipers, Vehicles, Frigates Oh My!

Edit: Ill also do Firefight

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
electricpirate said:
I'm not sure if 'm going to be in Brooklyn or in lower NY state around Reach's launch, but I've found some local game shops in NYC and northern Jersey that will probably sell the game a few days early. I'll probably shop around a few days , and if all else fails, head over to best buy, or gamestop for the CE.

yea i was thinking the same thing. I dont really need all the bells and whistles of the CE though..i wouldnt mind just getting the game.

szaromir

Banned
Not really a spoiler, but i'll cover the text anyway:

I love these patches of cabbage (it's most likely beginning of the game, so if you saw the gamescom demo, click without any worries of spoilt environments/story). On another forum this cabbage has become iconic. :D I wonder who at Bungie thought of putting it in there
http://a.imageshack.us/img217/5216/reach.jpg

Personally, I wouldn't think of missing out on the midnight launch atmosphere for Bungie's final Halo game.

For Halo 3, we had some bitching music, pizza, and loads of Halo talk among like-minded enthusiasts
(nerds)
. There were probably over 200 people in that line; it'll be interesting to see what kind of turnout there will be next month.

I won't be getting Legendary this time though, due to both a lack of money and desire for another large "collectible" taking up space and gathering dust. So it's Limited for me.

Ramirez

Well, they did say Overlook was like a little farm house or whatever. :lol

I'm just gonna use the copy that comes with the system, I would love the statue and the journal, but yea, I don't really need them. Especially when the system is already coming with a copy, doesn't make any sense.

Muffdraul

MrBig said:
I don't think they'd go into a 10 year publishing deal for an arcade deal. I'm thinking something similar to a tron rpg.

Between my Tron Legacy anticipation/hype and my Reach anticipation/hype, thinking about Bungie making some kind of cyberspace epic RPG adventure game just made me come.

Top Bottom