• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach & Bungie at GamesCom 2010

Blueblur1

GhaleonEB said:
Nutter's gone? How'd he get toasted?

Who's coming to PAX?
Myself, Hostile, Deadly Cyclone, Devin... Anyone else? I've been warming up to the idea of a Saturday breakfast and then mobbing the Bungie panel. But if PAX East is any indicator, we should show up an hour or hour and a half before. (It was that bad.)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
taylor910 said:
Im still waiting for anyone. Gonna hit up one more person but come on in.

It seems we both have moderate NATs, which is keeping me from joining.

I have tried to fix this NAT issue multiple times, I think it is down to my ISP. No setting in my router fixes it. Gah.

taylor910

Deadly Cyclone said:
It seems we both have moderate NATs, which is keeping me from joining.

I have tried to fix this NAT issue multiple times, I think it is down to my ISP. No setting in my router fixes it. Gah.
\just fixed mine

try again?

Blueblur1 said:
Myself, Hostile, Deadly Cyclone, Devin... Anyone else? I've been warming up to the idea of a Saturday breakfast and then mobbing the Bungie panel. But if PAX East is any indicator, we should show up an hour or hour and a half before. (It was that bad.)
Yeah, the line for PAX when we were all waiting in line was terrible. And smelly.

Lol at the guy in the princess peach dress and wig though. I hope you get to see him again this year. Almost a tradition.

Blueblur1

metareferential said:
You're not alone, don't worry xD

Console, legendary, limited edition guide already preordered.

I'm waiting to get the wireless headset too. No sign of it here so far.
The guide is on one of my Amazon wish lists. It won't be long before I order that, too! #consumerwhore

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Nutter got banned for that?!?! For shame

Every time I load up Halo 3, I die a little inside because I wish it was Reach lol

Blueblur1 said:
The guide is on one of my Amazon wish lists. It won't be long before I order that, too! #consumerwhore
I bought the guide for H3. They promised all kinds of things. Nothing in it was useful, or even remotely cool.

I got more out of reading forums and google/youtube than that.

GhaleonEB

Blueblur1 said:
Yeah I'm remembering just barely getting into the Bungie ODST panel last year at PAX; we got there half an hour early and had to sort of slink into line alongside some other GAFers. We should definitely plan to arrive bright and early this year.
Deadly Cyclone said:
I'll be there, we all need to meet before the Bungie panel and go together. :D
Considering how early we need to be in line, maybe we should meet the night before. :lol

For those who missed it, Bungie's panel is now listed on the PAX schedule.

Saturday - 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM, Pegasus Theatre

Bungie!

Details TBA​

Major Williams said:
I bought the guide for H3. They promised all kinds of things. Nothing in it was useful, or even remotely cool.

I got more out of reading forums and google/youtube than that.

The limited edition is said to have a sort of artbook in it.

I'm not buying it hoping to get some infos or tips on the game, of course.

MrDaravon

Facebook thing on rememberreach is super fucking lame. Anyone who's actually on my facebook knows me so I don't care about that, but I just don't like having to give that info out to get what is basically advertising.

Blueblur1 said:

Same here, but at least in this case the extras with the Limited Guide actually seem to be pretty substantial/neat.

Nutter got banned for that!?? He was basically telling the truth, when I went to india we had a camcorder (it was years ago) :lol and the currupt police tried to charge us to take it into the country, luckily I was travelling with a policeofficer so that backfired on them. :lol

But yeah it was just one incident out of many and India isnt toooo different from Pakistan.

Anyway back on topic, im stuck in a rut guys, I have Halo Reach pre-ordered through Amazon, but they will send it on the 15th. If I just go to a store and collect it I can get it on the 14th but ive had a lot of issues trying to get limited edition stuff with pre order codes in the past. Amazon saves me the headache of all that.

Should I just try my luck in store? Or is there a release day delivery option im missing for UK'ers aswell?

GhaleonEB said:
Yeah I'm remembering just barely getting into the Bungie ODST panel last year at PAX; we got there half an hour early and had to sort of slink into line alongside some other GAFers. We should definitely plan to arrive bright and early this year.
I am down for an early morning breakfast and then wait at the doors for a rush to the Bungie Panel line.

Breakfast at 6AM might do the trick... Waiting at the doors at 7:30'ish.

That may a tad excessive, but it would rock if the whole front row was GAF!

Ramirez said:
Pretty soon it's just gonna be a huge circle jerk in here with no differing opinions. :lol :p
That's always the risk in HaloGAF. Nobody else can circle the wagons and go full on defensive phalanx on you quicker than here.

I think the rule here is the same as trying to bring a tea party mentality into a PoliGAF thread. You can bring your criticisms, but you damn well better be armed with the facts, or else expect to get torn to shreds.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Nutter got banned for saying the police should be wiped from the face of the Earth or something along those lines. That's what he told a bunch of us in our BTB party last night, anyway. He's banned for 3 months.

Dirtbag

Domino Theory said:
Nutter got banned for saying the police should be wiped from the face of the Earth or something along those lines. That's what he told a bunch of us in our BTB party last night, anyway. He's banned for 3 months.

Well that sounds reasonable actually.

the banning I mean!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Devin Olsen said:
I'm sure i've asked this before... But why would you buy something on Amazon instead of doing a midnight release?

To me launch night is my favorite part of buying a game... You meet up with other Halo fans and make a memory out of it. Plus you can guarantee that you'll get the game in time, rather than waiting for some Fed Ex guy to roll up 3 hours late :lol

Not trying to be rude, just genuinely curious.

I was at the ODST launch and it was ruined by 3 douchebag dudebro jackasses acting like they were cool being loud as hell drinking beer in line. If I was of lesser intellect I probably would have started a fight. They were making the whole damn experience miserable, even injecting themselves into other peoples conversations.

That said. I'm going to midnight launch for Reach, but only because I have school from 11 am till 9 PM the following day, so I want to at least experience a little of it.

NullPointer said:
That's always the risk in HaloGAF. Nobody else can circle the wagons and go full on defensive phalanx on you quicker than here.

I think the rule here is the same as trying to bring a tea party mentality into a PoliGAF thread. You can bring your criticisms, but you damn well better be armed with the facts, or else expect to get torn to shreds.

I'm sure any nintendo thread trumps HaloGAF.

Lazslo

Good games tonight Dani, Shake and Cuban. The frame-rate seemed like 17 fps but we still got our 200k. I'm about to watch the fantasy factory, but after at 10:00Est I'm looking forward to playing the mission 'The Ark' from Halo 3's campaign- anyone want to join me?

It's up again on Justin.tv. Or is that old news?
Edit:Or are we not supposed to be supporting these hackers/modders which I can understand.

I have a mate with a JTagged console, the same dude that let me play Sonic 4 early, and he has Reach.

Should I spoil it for myself? Or resist.

Not sure what to do.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
2 Minutes Turkish said:
I have a mate with a JTagged console, the same dude that let me play Sonic 4 early, and he has Reach.

Not sure what to do.

If I had a friend who currently had it, I would probably play Fire Fight with them but still avoid campaign.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
2 Minutes Turkish said:

Not sure what to do.
Uh, you and your friend are douches.

That's what I would do.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Critical Jeff is that guy who let his girlfriend drive drunk, crashed the car and made a thread in OT hoping to get some sympathy and cheer up posts - which of course backfired on him?

Not really the sharpest guy around, so yeah.

I never saw the pics since I guess Firefox automatically blocked them since all I can see is 4chan.org pics.

Too bad about Nutter, guess he should have mentioned that he was Pakistani as well so that it didn't seem like he was just talking out of his ass.

LAUGHTREY said:

That's what I would do.

Meh you cant blame him for what his friends do. If my friend told me he was chipping his Xbox and was downloading games I wouldnt be like "dude thats wrong, we cant be friends".

smh, I need to go ly dow.

Turkish its probably best to avoid it, it would suck if you played multiplayer and stumbled onto a map which kinda ruined the story mode for you.

LAUGHTREY said:

That's what I would do.

How does someone else offering me the chance to have a crack at Reach make me a douche?

As I said, I'm torn, I'd rather have the fresh experience, but damned if it isn't hard to resist trying it out.

I mean, I'm taking 2 days off to play it, so I might as well fight the urge.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
nutter, you will be missed (for 3 months) **sniff sniff.

you're still on my friends list, hopefully we can meet up for some reach. we've had some halo 2 and 3 fun over the years, looking forward to playing with you again.

Hey You

If my friend had Reach early, I would just mess around in Forge,Customs and Firefight. Save the campaign experience for my retail copy.

Not really hurting anybody doing that.

Alas, none of my friends are modders.

Hey You said:
If my friend had Reach early, I would just mess around in Forge,Customs and Firefight. Save the campaign experience for my retail copy.

Well that's the thing.

I've always been a campaign person. I mean I play multiplayer, but SP takes up the bulk of my Halo playtime, and always has.

I mean, I watched the start of the stream, but seeing a vid isn't the same as actually PLAYING it.

As I said, I've organised for the 14th and 15th off work, so playing it now would render that useless. If I get a chance to go down there, I'll have a dabble in Firefight since we played the Beta anyway.

Seeing some new weapons and shit wont hurt.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hey You said:

I think that's something to be proud of. I wouldn't touch anything that someone stole, pirated games/music/movies included.

wwm0nkey said:
Hey guys I was on the B.net forums and someone posted this Samsung Galaxy S commercial. It rips off Halo so bluntly is not even funny.

LINK

WTF! :lol

Cerilli

Neo Member
Lazslo said:
Good games tonight Dani, Shake and Cuban. The frame-rate seemed like 17 fps but we still got our 200k. I'm about to watch the fantasy factory, but after at 10:00Est I'm looking forward to playing the mission 'The Ark' from Halo 3's campaign- anyone want to join me?
I'm more of a lurker/newbie here, but if you haven't started yet I'd like to join.

My gamertag is Cerilli.

neoism

Critical Jeff said:
well if im already fucked, then fuck you guys. im going out with a bang. all you faggots can kiss my ass.

1282507212091.gif
1282507212091.gif
1282507212091.gif

1282507083451.gif
1282507083451.gif
1282507083451.gif
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
wwm0nkey said:
Hey guys I was on the B.net forums and someone posted this Samsung Galaxy S commercial. It rips off Halo so bluntly is not even funny.

LINK
Hahahahaha holy shit. Not even subtle at all. :lol :lol

Doodis

DancingJesus said:
IGN posted an interesting article about the history of Halo leaks:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1115272p1.html

And fuck.. just read that Nutter got permabanned?

Wow.

EDIT: Ah, 3 months isn't too bad. He'll be back in no time.
"Our purpose in life is to try to entertain the world. When we work for years on something great and a couple of douche bags spoil it for everyone... Well, that's just uncool."

It would suck to pour your heart and soul into a game only to have Critical Jeff experience it first. ;)

Top Bottom