• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby: Epic Yarn announced [N-CONF]

Hiltz

I don't think Nintendo has officially stated what inspired the art style for Kirby's Epic Yarn. Of course, that Japanese NES commercial looks like the culprit.

Final NA Box!!!

w9a3js.jpg

High-res:

http://z2-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B003O67YAQ.01._SCRMZZZZZZ_.jpg

TreIII

Enough with the "Western Kirbeh" trope. The new blue guy is close enough as it! *luvs the REAL box-art in the link* :lol

hatchx

Banned
Weird boxart. Not as god-awful as the Other M boxart, but is that all they could do with the colour palette?

I really wish game cases went back to a wider packaging. I feel like ever since the DVD became standard (with long DVD cases being the standard) boxarts went down hill.

As far as I'm concerned, SMG2 is the only good Nintendo-made boxart released this entire console generation. I can't even think of a good one they released last generation...I guess Metroid Prime was ok.

Haunted

Datschge said:
So I guess the Japanese boxart will be something like this:

28vg3le.jpg
Did you just re-shop the shopped boxart instead of using the actual cover? :lol

edit: beaten like a ZvT

WillyFive

hatchx said:
Weird boxart. Not as god-awful as the Other M boxart, but is that all they could do with the colour palette?

I really wish game cases went back to a wider packaging. I feel like ever since the DVD became standard (with long DVD cases being the standard) boxarts went down hill.

As far as I'm concerned, SMG2 is the only good Nintendo-made boxart released this entire console generation. I can't even think of a good one they released last generation...I guess Metroid Prime was ok.

To be fair, DVD boxes are wider than VHS boxes.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Haha, for a moment I thought Nintendo had returned to their angry brow days. Luckily they seem to have stopped that, Super Star DS and now Epic Yarn have been camp as hell. Cracking box art.

GhaleonQ

DancingJesus said:
Box art is great. The zipper along the Wii box is genius.

Indeed. I would love to see Good-Feel and their awesome ex-Konami guys become an industry leader. If they had to start with style 1st, I'm okay with it.

When the official thread comes up, it should be called Kirby's Epic Yarn Freshly Knitted And Strung Together Official Thread. Maybe even add "We'll gladly leave you in stitches!".

upandaway

Hero of Legend said:
When the official thread comes up, it should be called Kirby's Epic Yarn Freshly Knitted And Strung Together Official Thread. Maybe even add "We'll gladly leave you in stitches!".
Argh let's leave the "Epic Yarn" part out of the title. I hate that name so much.

Kirby Wii is good enough!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. Nintendo has been on fire with the box-arts recently. The Japanese Other M art and this Kirby one would look so damn nice in person.

Any release date on this video based video entertainment yet?

upandaway said:
Argh let's leave the "Epic Yarn" part out of the title. I hate that name so much.

Kirby Wii is good enough!

You gotta know the meaning of it to like it!

Epic means big or grand, Yarn means tale, so it's a big tale! Also remember the phrase "spinning a yarn"? :)

Rez said:
Wow. Nintendo has been on fire with the box-arts recently. The Japanese Other M art and this Kirby one would look so damn nice in person.

October 17th! :D

Rez said:

Not that I know of.

But I'm still waiting.

Oct. 17th!

My wait is over.

Hero of Legend said:
You gotta know the meaning of it to like it!

Epic means big or grand, Yarn means tale, so it's a big tale! Also remember the phrase "spinning a yarn"? :)

I didn't mind the name until now. Thanks, Hero. Thanks a lot.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my god that's soon!

That's really soon!

Cool games.

Top Bottom