• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn SPOILERS Thread

RinsFury

That intro is so amazing!Thank you so much! Can you upload some early gameplay next? I'd love to see the prologue where you get to play as young Aloy.

Neoweee

No greyed out diffs.

Very Hard is available from the start

Trophies arent even showing lol

FUCK :(

Wait, there's game difficulties, and they're available from the start?

That was kind of what I was waiting for. I hate "Normal" in this type of game, as it usually takes doing like 10% of the side content to break the game.

vivekTO

here are Some screenshots :

ym8Ackx.jpg

The Lamp

Intro gameplay (as young aloy) will be posted in about 10-15 min. I also take a look at the settings menu for a second so you can see how the HUD and quest/path markers are toggleable

The Lamp

Where are people saying the opening is so good but aren't actually telling us where to see it

Here's the intro captured with the Share feature on my PS4 Pro (my TV is not HDR, and it's only 1080p). Please quote to view.. It's still processing so it'll be up in a minute or two. EDIT: It's up.

I noticed a screen tear or two on the video that I did NOT notice while watching it live on my Pro.

Enjoy.

Adryuu

Thank you. Rost's animation while talking is not that good but the old ladies fare better. I think... I'm a bit hype now xD. Nice intro.

This game seems to be a big mix of everything but with a hell of a nice new coat of paint.

-Mass Effect dialogue trees and side quests
-Huntin/gathering like Tomb Raider
-Light platforming/scaling walls like Uncharted (though Aloy is much faster)
-Witcher sense for following footprints and blood trails
-one hit kill stealth takedowns like Batman or Uncharted
-Far Cry crafting system (animals needed for pouches etc)

Playing on Hard, two solid hits will kill me so I've mostly been playing the stealth route (hiding in bushes and whistling like in MGS to bring an enemy over one at a time)

The Lamp

Okay okay I just want to say that the game does not have anything like screen-tearing that I noticed while playing live on PS4. It's beautiful and smooth.

Here is the gameplay right after the intro cinematic (Young Aloy). Again, quote to view. Captured on my non-HDR, 1080p TV using Share on PS4 Pro.. It should be done processing in a few minutes. EDIT: It's up

I'm also willing to upload these raw Share captures to some file download site if anyone wants to see what they look like without YouTube compression. I just need someone to recommend a site for me to use.

vivekTO

This game seems to be a big mix of everything but with a hell of a nice new coat of paint.

-Mass Effect dialogue trees and side quests
-Huntin/gathering like Tomb Raider
-Light platforming/scaling walls like Uncharted (though Aloy is much faster)
-Witcher sense for following footprints and blood trails
-one hit kill stealth takedowns like Batman or Uncharted
-Far Cry crafting system (animals needed for pouches etc)

Playing on Hard, two solid hits will kill me so I've mostly been playing the stealth route (hiding in bushes and whistling like in MGS to bring an enemy over one at a time)

Good To know, Thanks for the Impressions..
The One hit kill Stealth Takedowns seems to be overpowered.

Okay okay I just want to say that the game does not have anything like screen-tearing that I noticed while playing live on PS4. It's beautiful and smooth.

Here is the gameplay right after the intro cinematic (Young Aloy). Again, quote to view. Captured on my non-HDR, 1080p TV using Share on PS4 Pro.. It should be done processing in a few minutes. I'll edit once it's up.

I'm also willing to upload these raw Share captures to some file download site if anyone wants to see what they look like without YouTube compression. I just need someone to recommend a site for me to use.

Use flickr..

Tonky

Here is the gameplay right after the intro cinematic (Young Aloy). Again, quote to view. Captured on my non-HDR, 1080p TV using Share on PS4 Pro.. It should be done processing in a few minutes. I'll edit once it's up.

Still processing

Thanks The Lamp. I wasn't sure about keeping this pre order with so much coming out, but that intro just got me and my son super hyped.

Think about that Sony, when you want to take the video down.

BigEmil

In PNG format uploaded on sites where it doesn't compress images would be nice like abload.de or hostingpics etc

Top Bottom