• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Are this also failed once and lost forever things?

Anyway, done Hokkaido on Silent Assassin on my first run, feels good, i like that map.

Naa, these are just community made contracts that have been selected to be 'featured' by IO. These are basically some of the best/most creative user made content for the game. There's no new content in these.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Easiest ET I did so far and with a syringe too.

Started in morgue, used the scrambler to grab the virus. Grabbed a morgue suit. Killed the female doctor first by following her (she enters an empty room that connects to a room full of guards), and the male doctor by following him on the bar where he goes outside to look over a balcony (also good for push kill).

Good thing virus kill is essentially poison kill, that letting the bodies be found was fine.

C6APr_FWYAMpBrp.jpg

I assume fewer elusives this month because it must be all-hands-on-deck for developing and testing season 2 levels by now.

you know, I haven't actually touched escalations

how are they

I think I've sunken more time into escalations than any other game mode, just because they can have crazier restrictions than any other mode (like being forced to pull out a pistol every 7 seconds while not being allowed to disguise as a guard).

Not every escalation is that elaborate, but there have been some highlights lately (The Meiko Incarnation, The Lyndon Gyration, The Adrian Eclipse).

Damn one ET this month makes the failure of the last ET sting even more. Looks like I can't get the winter suit until April now as I still need two more SA ratings.

I assume fewer elusives this month because it must be all-hands-on-deck for developing and testing season 2 levels by now.

I think I've sunken more time into escalations than any other game mode, just because they can have crazier restrictions than any other mode (like being forced to pull out a pistol every 7 seconds while not being allowed to disguise as a guard).

Not every escalation is that elaborate, but there have been some highlights lately (The Meiko Incarnation, The Lyndon Gyration, The Adrian Eclipse).

You also can't save during an escalation, which IMO, makes it a ton of fun when you get some of the more complex ones and have to just continue to improvise if you make a mistake or get spotted.

watdaeff4

i just started playing this last week.

Just completed the Story Mode this morning and really enjoyed the game. Can't wait to sink my teeth into the other content.

Any suggestions on where to start?

i just started playing this last week.

Just completed the Story Mode this morning and really enjoyed the game. Can't wait to sink my teeth into the other content.

Any suggestions on where to start?

I'd alternate between doing some of the featured contracts and escalation contracts and replaying the story missions to open up more mastery levels so you get more gear, starting locations, etc. and learning the level so you have it more or less mastered by the time the elusive targets come around, which change things up and are a "one chance" kind of game mode.

The progression tends to go Story>Escalation>Elusive in terms of exerting your mastery over a location.

There's also the bonus missions, too. Don't forget to dig into The Icon, A House Built On Sand, and Landslide.

Basically, you want to work on unlocks and generally learning the levels more and more, but don't burn yourself out. If you feel like that's coming on, change it up.

"HITMAN - The Complete First Season" is up for sale on PSN at £21.99, the lowest it's ever been on there by the looks of it.

Guess it's a good time to jump on it?

blanchot

great game. it's fascinating when you mess up a hit and everything just starts snowballing downhill and usually ends up in a short, brutal firefight.

i would love to see another snow level but in a city this time.

Foffy

Banned
Oh man, one ET this month is such a bummer. I was loving one every two weeks.

I don't touch Escalations because they get hella repetitive, so the sting of one ET hurts more. I hope they don't make one ET a month going forward to pad until Season Two...

And where is the clown?! Nighttime Marakkesh's target was hinted at weeks ago, and was mentioned around the time The Surgeons were.

MUnited83

For you.
Check your email if you bought the game on Steam back then. Square Enix is seemingly sending gift codes for the Prologue and Intro Packs for select players to give to their friends. I got the intro pack.

I didn't get anything. IO doesn't like me :(

Completed 5 professional maps (20/20 challenges) but for some reason I can't find the motivation to do Hokkaido. Kind of wish they had let us bring a loadout in that map from the start in professional mode.

New escalation for Marrakesh: The Raskoph Satisfaction.

Level 5:
Kill 3 targets with explosions with no more than 10 seconds between consecutive kills.

ValfarHL

I finally bought this on sale, but already the first level is busting my balls.

I have
stolen Krugers clothes, got the make up done and went out on the cat walk.
In the middle of the walk I get "opportunity failed" for no apparant reason. Is this a bug?
I spent some time in the level before finding this stuff out, so I wonder if there is some kind of timer on this?

I'd rather get the answer on this before I restart the level.

Thanks!

I finally bought this on sale, but already the first level is busting my balls.

I have
stolen Krugers clothes, got the make up done and went out on the cat walk.
In the middle of the walk I get "opportunity failed" for no apparant reason. Is this a bug?
I spent some time in the level before finding this stuff out, so I wonder if there is some kind of timer on this?

I'd rather get the answer on this before I restart the level.

Thanks!

Any chance they found his body? More likely it's the following, which I've spaced out depending on how much info you want.

1. You missed something when you took his clothes. Go back to where you got them and look around.
  2. You need to let him speak on the phone before taking his clothes.
  3. You need to use his phone to call Dalia before walking the catwalk.

ValfarHL

Any chance they found his body? More likely it's the following, which I've spaced out depending on how much info you want.

1. You missed something when you took his clothes. Go back to where you got them and look around.
  2. You need to let him speak on the phone before taking his clothes.
  3. You need to use his phone to call Dalia before walking the catwalk.

I did all those things. Must have been someone found his body? Shouldn't the game tell me if a body is found, though?
Restarted the level, did the exact same thing, hid the body in the same place, and it worked.

Ah well, I guess we'll never know.

I had a friend over the night before Switch midnight launch. So to kill time we started doing random escalations and handed the controller back and forth between attempts. The rule was no matter what happened you had to go for it. Some of the most fun I've had gaming in a long time. I love this game.

I did all those things. Must have been someone found his body? Shouldn't the game tell me if a body is found, though?
Restarted the level, did the exact same thing, hid the body in the same place, and it worked.

Ah well, I guess we'll never know.

Novikov probably came out just behind you. You might need to get to the runway quicker.

ZeroX03

Banned
The HITMAN March Update releases worldwide across PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC on March 14th 2017.

The update will arrive for all players between 11am and 1pm UTC. There will be a short period of server maintenance, starting at 9am UTC. We expect the download size for the March Update to be less than 450mb on consoles and approximately 1GB on PC.

(Seems pretty small. I'm guessing it's all hands on deck for season two at this point, so we're in for some quiet months before going big again.)

March Update Release Notes

Simplified Chinese Language Support
We've added full menu and subtitle support for Simplified Chinese on PC.

Performance
We've fixed some rare issues that could cause the game to crash or be unstable.

Missing Exits
We've fixed an issue that could prevent exit points from appearing after killing the target(s).

Paris Suspend
We've fixed an issue that could cause guards and targets in Paris to suspend their routines, after specific player actions.

Subdue Prompt

We've fixed an issue that could cause the 'subdue' prompt to disappear when an NPC is picking up an item or when they are close to a wall.

Scoring Adjustment
We've fixed an issue where the 'Never Spotted' bonus was not awarded in certain cases.

Sapienza Lab
We've fixed an issue that could cause 47 to be 'spotted' in the Sapienza Lab, even whilst 'blending in'.

Hokkaido Landscape
We've fixed a rare issue that could cause 47 to fall 'out of world' in Hokkaido.

Contracts Search Favourites
The Contract Tile now displays an icon to show whether that contract has been added to 'My Favorites'

Sticky Pistol (Escalation)
We've fixed an issue where the 'Sticky Pistol' countdown would expire, despite 47 having the pistol equipped on a ledge.

The Incarnation Non-Accident
We've fixed an issue in the 'Meiko Incarnation' Escalation where dumping an NPC in a specific area would not result in an accident kill.

Disappearing Act
We've fixed an issue that could cause a holstered large weapon to be lost when activating the diorama in Paris.

Fire Safety
We've fixed an issue that could cause NPC's to teleport away when they are burning.

HDR Launcher
We've fixed an issue where the 'HDR' option could not be enabled in the game's launcher on AMD cards.

Sun Spots (HDR)
We've fixed an issue that could cause black pixels to appear around bright light sources when HDR is enabled.

Additional
We've also fixed other minor issues involving AI dialogue, audio and VO consistency, escalation completion marks and we've slightly reworded some menu text to make it more consistent.

https://hitman.com/updates/march-update-release-notes

22065509750683.76.8c2f0990f8ac97a5ca8774f577b6289d.jpg

Mathi

Elusive Target is coming tomorrow.

22148338983201.508.e26b7b915e77bcb860bd8bac04bff13a.jpg

Elusive Target #22 has two objectives: (1) Eliminate Pertti Jarnefelt and (2) Retrieve the ledger.

Note: The target will evacuate if alerted by combat. If the target evacuates, the contract will be failed.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Well I guess I need to go back to Colorado and relearn that map. I didn't really do everything there because I want enjoying the map. So I still have several challenges left in that map before I have all the mastery.

Hope the ET is good.

Finally the escaping mechanic for elusive targets gets implemented!

Eluaive targets were meant to be able to escape the map from the beginning, but that element was cut for most of them because it was unpopular in testing. Now we get to see how well it actually works in practice.

Fitz

Not a fan of Colorado, but him being able to escape is definitely good. I just hope the ledger that we're to obtain isn't on/right next to the target.

So does the fact the ET can escape mess with restarting it at all? I'm guessing we don't know that yet. If it follows the same rules I wouldn't think so since you haven't done any of the objectives, but maybe I'm wrong.

Goliath

Hi Hitman fans, quick question.....

I am interested in this game but the amazon reviews complain about how short it is, even compared to other Hitman games. Does this game have enough content for a purchase? What price point do you think is suitable for the content on the disk?

Moff

I am interested in this game but the amazon reviews complain about how short it is, even compared to other Hitman games. Does this game have enough content for a purchase? What price point do you think is suitable for the content on the disk?

for me it was easily worth full price, but I played it episodically and got 100 hours out of it
if you simply play all the missions once, it can be short, there are only 6 of them +2 small tutorial missions.

But the game has already been on sale several times and surely will be again

Honestly, you're wasting your own time asking here. We all love the game, some have put over 600 hours into it. It's six very replayable levels and is worth the full $60. Buy and join us.

Javier23

Banned

60$ easily. 42 hours into the game and I'm nowhere close to done.

xrnzaaas

Yeah a lot of depends on how you intend to play it. I was very sceptical about the idea of replaying larger missions instead of having like a dozen shorter ones, but I loved it after I finally played the game. I didn't go for 100% of the challenges, escalations etc., but I've spent about 50-60 hours with the game and unlocked all achievements.

Top Bottom