• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Fools 2017 Thread (Gaming)

74954-metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots.png

https://youtu.be/UAwjl3Jgq1s
I wish.

bomblord1

Banned
Humble Wikipedia Bundle

10Pw5hr.png

Introducing our biggest book bundle ever: The Humble Wikipedia Bundle.

We have painstakingly collected the world's best encyclopedia and bound it into the finest DRM-free files that our servers can provide. These specially milled, custom-cut text files will render your favorite text editor unresponsive from the sheer raw human knowledge packed inside.

Yes, you can choose your price for the privilege of downloading .txt files almost as large as Horizon Zero Dawn. At the $35 tier, we partnered with PediaPress to mail you a perfect-bound volume on one of our favorite article topics ("Encyclopedia of the Metal Umlaut" and "Encyclopedia of English Metaphors," among other quality options).

Best of all, 100% of the proceeds from this three-day offer go to the Wikimedia Foundation. Why else would you want to buy this?

https://www.humblebundle.com/wikipe...utm_medium=Link&utm_campaign=Wikipedia_Bundle

I haven't actually gone through and clicked purchase but you can apparently buy it

Divinity: Original Sin 2 has been officially confirmed for console release.

c64-onemore-cropped.png

You spoke, and we listened. We know you want to see Divinity: Original Sin II on other platforms in addition to PC (where you can play it right now on Early Access!), and Larian is a studio that truly cares about what our fans think.

That’s why we’re taking the obvious route, and porting the game to the incredibly popular Commodore 64, which has sold around 17 million units! The port will come with the following extra features:

- Full Joystick Support
- 674 Free Floppy Disks Per Purchase
- Crisp, 8-Bit Gameplay
- Import Possibility For Savegames - For Easy Transfer to the Superior Machine

We’re so excited to bring the game we all know and love to its new home. Thank you again for your support, and we can’t wait to hear what you think about playing this game the way it was always intended.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member

yurinka

Um. In fighting game community there are posts from tweets that show it's real from an event with new screens. Still be skeptical since it's April 1st but as of 7am est this morning reports say sfex is real.
The name of the project is Fighting EX Layer, not SFEX. Seems to be a Fighting Layer sequel, and they are looking for publishers.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/mar/31/street-fighter-ex-characters-return-april-fools-oh-how-i-wish-fighting-game-was-real/

Blam

According to the fine print you get text files of everything your bundle includes, plus a printed copy of one article of your choosing. Additionally all the profits go to the Wikimedia foundation. So not too bad for an April Fools joke.

I'll buy it for the hell of it.

KyleCross

Ah Aprils Fools isnt exclusive to companies.

The post is suggesting that it is the company doing it. Capcom is not showing an image of an Onimusha Collection for PS4/XB1 as an April's Fools joke. People are getting pissed at Capcom over an April's Fools joke they didn't do.

Taxman

GameSpot has a new video guide for Breath of the Wild.

How to hijack a Guardian!

And yes, it does have spoilers in it, but it also has a couple of very nice actual tips, too. Like forcing certain world elements to spawn.

It says a lot to me about how open and content-filled BOTW is that I actually believed that for a few minutes. It helps that by being night-shift you lose track of what day it is so I forgot it was AFD. But still, with all the stuff the game actually does allow you to do, I would not have been shocked if this had actually been real.

Platy

It says a lot to me about how open and content-filled BOTW is that I actually believed that for a few minutes. It helps that by being night-shift you lose track of what day it is so I forgot it was AFD. But still, with all the stuff the game actually does allow you to do, I would not have been shocked if this had actually been real.

To be fair you CAN control guardians on the real game but not like that =P

Qhtk7BP.gif

(from the omfg didn't know you could do that thread )

Top Bottom