• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spanish Video Game Software Sales - Week 19, 2017

Bruno MB

Cumulative sales data as of week 19, 2017 for the following titles:

New Releases: (Week 16 - 19, 2017)

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo Switch) - 41,654

Little Nightmares (PlayStation 4) - 4,392
Little Nightmares (Xbox One) - 606
Little Nightmares (PC) - 535

Outlast Trinity (PlayStation 4) - 4,305
Outlast Trinity (Xbox One) - 436

Prey (PlayStation 4) - 1,702
Prey (Xbox One) - 323
Prey (PC) - 314

Old titles:

Minecraft (PlayStation 3) - 249,589
Minecraft (PlayStation 4) - 165,809
Minecraft (PlayStation Vita) - 119,886
Minecraft (Xbox 360) - 101,390
Minecraft (Nintendo Wii U) - 25,263
Minecraft (Xbox One) - 19,343
Minecraft (PC) - 10,082

Rocket League (PlayStation 4) - 85,668
Rocket League (Xbox One) - 5,197
Rocket League (PC) - 2,974

Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo Wii U) - 64,100

Rise of the Tomb Raider (PlayStation 4) - 33,367
Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One) - 11,602
Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox 360) - 5,585
Rise of the Tomb Raider (PC) - 2,703

Source: Hobby Consolas

Spanish Video Game Software Sales - Week 10, 2017
Spanish Video Game Software Sales - Week 15, 2017

JCH!

I assume this doesn't include digital sales, right?

There's no way Prey only sold 300 copies on PC, right?

Asd202

Lmao at those Prey numbers. But seriously Spanish market is very small outside of a few key titles.

Also noticed the disparty between Xbone and PS4 in software sales. Rocket League sold like 15x times better on PS4.

Patrick S.

Banned
Lmao at those Prey numbers. But seriously Spanish market is very small outside of a few key titles.

Also noticed the disparty between Xbone and PS4 in software sales. Rocket League sold like 15x times better on PS4.

Mostly everyone I knew in Spain was a gamer. And PlayStation is a religion in Spain.

peppers

Mostly everyone I knew in Spain was a gamer. And PlayStation is a religion in Spain.

Yep, Playstation has been the go-to console here for a long time although last gen a lot of people bought the 360, but just because they wanted to play, not because they preferred it to the PS3 which had not released yet.

There are also some die hard yet small comunities for Gears of War or Halo. Part of the problem for MS here is that they stopped including spanish (from Spain) dub and instead just putting subtitles or thinking that latin american spanish will be enough, so this leaves spanish xbox fans feeling like they are being ignored. Last year we only got Gears of War 4 in our spanish a few months after it released, and no word on Forza Horizon 3 or ReCore. This of course does not paint a good picture for people outside the Xbox ecosystem that might consider jumping in.

In my opinion there is no correct answer for this, but I do believe there's a bit of jealousy because Sony gets really good dubbing in their games (I think the only recent first party game they left in english was The Last Guardian) and Xbox does not. Also, there might be some who think less of the LatAm dub because it sounds strange and "wrong" to us spaniards (I've only played Halo 2 dubbed like this and let me tell you that shit sounded fantastic).

At the end of the day, I prefer my games as they were created, but I understand that not everybody can follow a videogame by reading subtitles, so giving the option should be the right thing to do.

Patrick S.

Banned
Yep, Playstation has been the go-to console here for a long time although last gen a lot of people bought the 360, but just because they wanted to play, not because they preferred it to the PS3 which had not released yet.

There are also some die hard yet small comunities for Gears of War or Halo. Part of the problem for MS here is that they stopped including spanish (from Spain) dub and instead just putting subtitles or thinking that latin american spanish will be enough, so this leaves spanish xbox fans feeling like they are being ignored. Last year we only got Gears of War 4 in our spanish a few months after it released, and no word on Forza Horizon 3 or ReCore. This of course does not paint a good picture for people outside the Xbox ecosystem that might consider jumping in.

In my opinion there is no correct answer for this, but I do believe there's a bit of jealousy because Sony gets really good dubbing in their games (I think the only recent first party game they left in english was The Last Guardian) and Xbox does not. Also, there might be some who think less of the LatAm dub because it sounds strange and "wrong" to us spaniards (I've only played Halo 2 dubbed like this and let me tell you that shit sounded fantastic).

At the end of the day, I prefer my games as they were created, but I understand that not everybody can follow a videogame by reading subtitles, so giving the option should be the right thing to do.

Yeah, back then I only got a 360 because of Mass Effect and Chronicles of Riddick. And when the PS3 came out, it was absolutely impossible to buy one for less than 100k-120k Ptas., and if you lived on the Canaries you probably had to buy it from an Indian ripoff store for even more than that, or buy it in fear that the fucks in the store took out the OG controller and put in a knockoff one, for example. I only knew like two other people who had an Xbox, and maybe three with a 360. And it's kinda weird, because of how easy the 360 was to pirate.

Oh, and Latin dubs are the WORST. Shame that the typical person in Spain can't understand any English, and misses out on a lot of games. I wonder if anyone bought Persona 5...

What are you talking about? The dialogue in TLG is not in English (or any other real language for that matter). They did localize the text and subtitles to the usual languages including Spanish.

And don't worry. The Halo 2 dub sounded strange for everyone. That was Microsoft's first game that was dubbed into Spanish and they tried this weird nonexistent so called "neutral" Spanish that sounded wrong for everyone in an effort to just spend money on one dub for all Spanish speaking countries. They learned their lesson and started doing two Spanish tracks: one for Latin America (usually done in mexico) and one for Spain. At least until recently because I didn't know they Kinda stopped dubbing their games in Spain.

I guess the Xbox brand is bigger in LatAm than it is in Spain which sounds crazy to me.

Top Bottom