• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 TGS blowout; Yamauchi prepping for GT 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

amar212

Zaptruder said:
Seriously. What's up with all the misreporting in this thread lately? :p

I still have strong memory about that interview from 2009 when he said what that Dutch site implied. However, since I can't find that interview I'll stop any futher debate because it can't serve good.

paskowitz

paskowitz said:
Lets the dissection (re)begin!

sutter_darryl2502.jpg

Sheesh GAF must have week stomachs. My picture was not that bad (it was of a dissected frog). Probably should have posted a picture of Kratos gutting a centaur. That would have rested better with the powers that be.

Zaptruder said:
Seriously. What's up with all the misreporting in this thread lately? :p

The misreporting isn't so much the problem, it's everyone believing every single thing they read from anybody who wants to type it out.

KingDizzi

Banned
Crisis averted! :p

Edit - Beaten :(

So the stunt arena is in the game if the source is correct, will be interesting to see what it's like.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
Everything is alright, everything is ok.
*twitches*

Also I distinctly remember the interview amar is talking about, but I have no idea when it was taken.

A stunt arena sounds like it could be a fun way to play around with the physics.

TylerD

My hunch is that the stunt arena is a gymkhana like course. It really doesn't make much sense for GT5 to have the type of stunt arena that leads to car flipping and barrel rolls. Not that it wouldn't be fun but it doesn't fit with GT IMO.

spats

TylerD said:
My hunch is that the stunt arena is a gymkhana like course. It really doesn't make much sense for GT5 to have the type of stunt arena that leads to car flipping and barrel rolls. Not that it wouldn't be fun but it doesn't fit with GT IMO.

Ken Block's bro-tastic stunt arena, powered by Monster® Energy Drink.

Mush

TylerD said:
Exactly. I'm still a skeptic until I see it for myself.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
TylerD said:

We'll probably get a gymkhana and an arena like the one from the X-Games

0008.jpg

Wazzim

Banned
People really thought they would use the GTPSP carstore? People hated too much on that system, would be a very bad decision.

keyrat

spats said:
Ken Block's bro-tastic stunt arena, powered by Monster® Energy Drink.

Hah, this is how I feel about Ken Block but at the same time if that's what it takes to get a little more TV time for cars then I'm not entirely against it.

The X-Games rally where Colin McRae rolled his car and still finished was pretty awesome even if it was a bro-tastic take on rally.

amar212

Hm, hm, all I can say is I've just heard the storm is coming, but until we get the official forecast I will sustain from further precognitions.

amar212 said:
Hm, hm, all I can say is I've just heard the storm is coming, but until we get the official forecast I will sustain from further precognitions.
Is that a good or bad sort of storm?

(Can you have good sorts of storms?)

Flek

Banned
well regading the eu release :

- the gtplanet guy who went to the gt5 press thingy today asked a sony pr guy about the release date and got the "No comment" response.

- a big local german webstore (spielegrotte.de) changed the date to end of november too, i asked them where they got the informations about the pushed back release from. They said "from ouer Sony Distributor"

so yeha … that might be the incoming shitstorm :(

Anyway: Do you guys have any idea if peoble with different region version (us / eu) can play together in mp?

Niks

amar212 said:

No signs of birds this time amar?
;)

spats

I've been really down all week, the last thing I need right now is a goddamn delay. At this point it would be absolutely unforgivable, no matter what reason they might have.

RavenFox

Banned
blurredvision said:
The misreporting isn't so much the problem, it's everyone believing every single thing they read from anybody who wants to type it out.
yup
spats said:
I've been really down all week, the last thing I need right now is a goddamn delay. At this point it would be absolutely unforgivable, no matter what reason they might have.
They better not . That would be truly unforgivable

Fender_Uk said:
if it gets delayed again the fanboys will start defending the delay as usual i'm calling it yo

I dunno. It's pretty indefensible. Before people could just say that new features were being added, more polish yadda yadda. Now it's different. It'll be a plain ol' fuck up by Sony and PD if it misses its release date, there's no defense to it unless force majeur comes into play (which we have no indication of).

offshore

Fender_Uk said:
if it gets delayed again the fanboys will start defending the delay as usual i'm calling it yo
I don't think many will defend it. They've been talking up the November release for months now. It's not as if they haven't known what the release date was.

It would have to be something really out of PD's and Sony's control to be defensible.

Flek

Banned
well its funny because i think its for sure that it will not get delayed in the us (release date on official website, pre order now for nov2 release, turismo tuesday thingy from gamestop etc.)

so if this is a european only delay there can only be 2 reasons:

1. localization problems
2. unbelievable high preorder numbers in the us/jap. Eu units going to us/jap.

Apex

Fender_Uk said:
dude it doesnt change the engine sound listen to the road version, it still has the well known beautiful BMW V12 sound
Never heard an open downpipe road car vs stock? same engine but completely different sound even the more civilized muted car becomes a loud beast. Also I'm not saying that GT sound is accurate but that your first comparison isn't, the camera views were different and the GT Mclaren is not stock not even a true race car.

Poorly recorded vids also does not help, these sound more lifelike to me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIAmlLImGjI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTaXbG43udo#t=3m37s

But as I said a proper comparisson would be made with the GT stock MClaren at cockpit/chase view not with the Stealth in a replay

LCfiner

Delay is obviously to remove White Stig from the game after the latest Top Gear Drama.

he's going to be replaced by The Stig's African cousin

Flek said:
well its funny because i think its for sure that it will not get delayed in the us (release date on official website, pre order now for nov2 release, turismo tuesday thingy from gamestop etc.)

1. localization problems

You can scrap explanation #2. Sony has huge printing facilities. They would be able to print any number of units. And EU discs certainly wouldn't go overseas.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Flek said:

1. localization problems

Or approval slowness in Europe across the various countries. I could actually see that happen, as its delayed other games in the past.

Flek

Banned
AndyD said:
Or approval slowness in Europe across the various countries. I could actually see that happen, as its delayed other games in the past.

you mean with the age rating ? This could be the case too. GT5 already got a ESRB rating in the us but still no Pegi or USK rating.

@Lagspike_exe
true. But where is the "its gold now" news? :/

UFRA said:
I love GT, and always will, but how can we not admit the sounds are not quite right?

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/...7&sourceID=je6NUbpObpQ-PlIjFUgrjOAjEq_OjOfzYg
And there's the GT5 video again to compare. Listen to them back to back...also keep in mind the GT5 car is actually a race car and should sound even louder than the stock one.

Not quite right? I'd say it sounds like dogshit.

Man, I want this game to be good, but I fear I'm going to be having the same problems I always have with GT games.

Flek said:
you mean with the age rating ? This could be the case too. GT5 already got a ESRB rating in the us but still no Pegi or USK rating.

@Lagspike_exe
true. But where is the "its gold now" news? :/

How many games actually have an "it's gone gold" announcement? Especially since this is PD we're talking about and getting info from them is like getting blood from a stone.

keyrat

Maybe it's something they'll patch in the US release but don't feel confident in releasing in EU because of much lower PSN connectivity?

Just a wild guess.

European version delayed. Everyone canceling pre-orders to get the game from the US.

dlc coming out, everybody buying euro version anyway.

My prediction.

Flek

Banned
electroshockwave said:
How many games actually have an "it's gone gold" announcement? Especially since this is PD we're talking about and getting info from them is like getting blood from a stone.

every big ps3 game had one

infamous, killzone2, uncharted 2, ratchet & clank, god of war 3 all had this "it´s gone gold" news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom