• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 is coming with IGN first starting July 5th with a tour of the social space

Theorry

July 5th - Exploring the new social space The Farm
July 6th - Bungie's Vision for Destiny 2
July 7th - Our first impressions
July 10th - PVP Reveal
July 11th - Developing the Story of Destiny 2
July 12th - A Closer Look at the Sentinel Titan
July 13th - PVP Reveal
July 14th - The Sounds of Destiny 2
July 18th - Destiny 2 Beta Live!
July 19th - A Closer Look at Combatants
July 20th - Peripherals
July 21s - Localization
July 24th - A Destination Explored
July 25th - PVP Reveal
July 26th - Creating an Exotic
July 28th - Ask Bungie Anything!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/07/03/destiny-2-all-the-newest-details-in-one-place-a-ign-first

Midas

Custom Controller / Headset probably?

Yeah, they're making something with Razer, right? Keyboards, mice etc.

I'm really in conflict with myself here, should I watch/read this or just wait? Since I'm going to play the beta, I think I'll just skip these IGN articles until the beta to be a little bit surprised, at least.

Hopefully they learned from Destiny 1 and decide not to reveal just about everything about the game before it releases.

GlamFM

Banned
Yeah, they're making something with Razer, right? Keyboards, mice etc.

I'm really in conflict with myself here, should I watch/read this or just wait? Since I'm going to play the beta, I think I'll just skip these IGN articles until the beta to be a little bit surprised, at least.

The surprise is probably already ruined for you since the BETA will be the reveal/E3 demo.

I´m super curious about the new Social Space - I´ll watch for sure.

Midas

The surprise is probably already ruined for you since the BETA will be the reveal/E3 demo.

I´m super curious about the new Social Space - I´ll watch for sure.

Yeah, the first mission and that strike, right? But we haven't seen so much in regards to the social space. At least I haven't. I hope it's a bit larger than the tower.

GlamFM

Banned
Yeah, the first mission and that strike, right? But we haven't seen so much in regards to the social space. At least I haven't. I hope it's a bit larger than the tower.

We have seen bits of it in the reveal.

maxresdefault.jpg

Hopefully they learned from Destiny 1 and decide not to reveal just about everything about the game before it releases.

If the past expansion reveals are anything to go by they´ll show pretty much everything, but the Raid ;)

ZehDon

Gold Member
The more I see The Farm, the more I have Walking Dead season 2 flash backs. Hopefully Bungie do better.

GlamFM

Banned
The more I see The Farm, the more I have Walking Dead season 2 flash backs. Hopefully Bungie do better.

Not a big fan of it so far. Looks a bit random compared to the "iconic" tower.

Hope I´ll like what they show tomorrow.

I wish they'd stop calling things "The" like use some imagination.

The Tower
The Light
The Darkness
The Fall
The Fallen
The Reef
The Traveller
The Farm

Ad inifinitum.

All that being said, I'm interested about the PvP reveal/info. I'm not keen on the changes they've made to it on paper, but hopefully that will change when more is known.

I just want to be able to play 6v6 Control again :/

Not a big fan of it so far. Looks a bit random compared to the "iconic" tower.

Hope I´ll like what they show tomorrow.

I would guess that as you progress on the story the Farm will change its looks and become iconic that way because the changes will be apart of your story.

KJRS_1993

I wish they'd stop calling things "The" like use some imagination.

The Tower
The Light
The Darkness
The Fall
The Fallen
The Reef
The Traveller
The Farm

Ad inifinitum.

The (word) of (word).

Sword of Crota
Doctrine of Passing
Rise of Iron
Anguish of Drystan
Jewel of Osiris
Vision of Confluence
Touch of Malice
Grasp of Malok

So on and so fourth.

Wish they'd do something special focusing on the PC release. That's the one that needs the most scrutiny considering it's introducing a whole new platform using a whole new infrastructure.

AaronMT86

Looking forward to this and having everything else in the game be spoiled ( including the raid) by the time of release in October on PC

Nauren

I hope the random events that happen in the world include protecting the farm from being raided. Would be cool if enemies just appeared and you had to take them out. Maybe have a real world effect based on your performance, like who has the most influence over the area affecting enemy spawns or something.

duhmetree

Allegedly, the Farm will not be the final social space in D2. Once you finish the game, a new one becomes available.

Waldini

The publisher is marketing and creating hype for the game. Not showing anything would contradict their entire existence.

I'd rather explore stuff myself instead of knowing certains things beforehand. They did the same thing with The Taken King ... which, IMO, revealed a bit too much.

Midas

Can't wait to find out every single exotic before the game comes out.

(please don't do that Bungo)

I got the feeling that that will happen. Never understood why they show so much of the game and its weapon and gear, it's fun with an element of surprise.

Jblanks

Can't wait to find out every single exotic before the game comes out.

(please don't do that Bungo)

Oh god they're going to use IG, and show off a new exotic everyday again..

Hate how they always show off way too much, will probably just avoid all of this IGN stuff.

Foxxsoxx

Oh god they're going to use IG, and show off a new exotic everyday again..

Hate how they always show off way too much, will probably just avoid all of this IGN stuff.

I got the feeling that that will happen. Never understood why they show so much of the game and its weapon and gear, it's fun with an element of surprise.

Yeah I'll watch the farm reveal but I'm sure as hell not going to ruin the surprise of the exotics like they did with the DLCs.

Raide

I enjoyed the first Destiny but not 100% hyped about this due to past Bungie history. Might go dark on D2, just so I can go in fresh.

Top Bottom