• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT| an Ode to the Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyonPT

In Portugal it's already in stores:

19112010015.jpg

19112010014.jpg

:lol

Damn, Shopto are sending me my copy... after years of waiting, and with the prospect of getting it early.... I actually don't want it. :lol I have too much uni work at the start of this week to play.

dyonPT said:
In Portugal it's already in stores:

[]http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/1660/19112010015.jpg[/]
[]http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/2402/19112010014.jpg[/]

Fuuuuuuuuuu.... And ShopTo just charged my card :/

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Damn, Shopto are sending me my copy... after years of waiting, and with the prospect of getting it early.... I actually don't want it. :lol I have too much uni work at the start of this week to play.
I'll gladly take your copy. I'll give you my GT5:p. :D

chubigans said:
So here's my crazy setup. First I found a good computer stand for about $30. Here's what it normally looks like...]

lol, nice construction! Pedal position seems to be a problem though.

DoctorWho said:
Pretty much planning on using my coffee table for my wheel.

If it does the job there is no reason to be ashamed :D The small table I bought a few weeks ago (Not with GT5 in mind) seems to be pretty perfect.

CozMick

Banned
Loudninja said:
So the things GT fan been complaining about for year is fixed in GT5?Like the physics , the sound of the cars and the AI.

Damage looks to be more realistic than most people thought.

Now it's time for a multiplayer reveal :D

G Rom

Ok guys stream will end after the nurb' replay.

We have lot of capture/encode to do (-:
We won't miss to post in this thread as soon as content is up on our site.

Thank to all who watched and enjoyed

(We'll try to stream while encoding later)

G Rom said:

Thanks guys.

TheExodu5 said:
Is the framerate any better/worse at 720p?

I don't know and it could be a pain to test it. It's not like the framerate drops are predictable and easy to see either.
We need the tech of digital foundry to do a fair comparison.

jett

D-Member
One of you GT5 owners please tell me if that game still has Full HD live-footage presentations for each real track.

Shurs

Trying to catch up with this thread.

Did I see someone quote Che where he was saying that Standard Cars have a hood cam?

Also, does anyone know if we can run time trials on the Top Gear Test Track from a standing start?

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
I'm never going to reach the last page of this thread guys. Stop posting so much! When I get to a new page, I always have one extra available in the end. It's like living in the past... I want back to the future.

CozMick

Banned
Shurs said:
Also, does anyone know if we can run time trials on the Top Gear Test Track from a standing start?

Would also love to know this.

Not in a "Top Gear Challenge" but from creating a game by yourself.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Zaptruder said:
The whole point is that they won't.

No one else can catch up, simply because it's not just about processing power, it's about man power.

No one else can build 200 cars at GT5 detail other than PD. It's just not financially viable to do so.

They'll just build on the library they have and continue to improve deformation and damage.
I agree with you about the manpower factor, but when considering the hw performance side, sending meshes of 'PD premium' complexity to the next-gen GPU will be inefficient. That could allow the competition to show more cars on-screen/more complex cars than with PD's current every-last-bolt-in-static-meshes approach, regardless what aggressive LOD schemes PD might use. That's what I meant when I said they might need to remodel those premiums anew.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
My bet for DLC is we'll see more weather/night versions of tracks we have, and standard cars being upgraded to premium, with the occasional new car.

At least I hope it's that way. :D

railGUN

Banned
I want to play this game so bad it huuuuuuuuuuurts...

I went to the only 3 stores in my area that sell games yesterday to see if any had it, none of them did. None of them knew the release date, or that it was PS3 exclusive. When I asked the girl at Walmart, she thought someone else had just put it out... she goes to where she thought it was, and it turns out to be Forza. /cry

spats

chubigans said:
My bet for DLC is we'll see more weather/night versions of tracks we have, and standard cars being upgraded to premium, with the occasional new car.

At least I hope it's that way. :D

I'd buy those at an obscene price.

AdvanS13

Neo Member
G Rom said:

what capture card/hardware you running? that was superb, thank you!

charsace

chubigans said:
Whats wrong with it?
Doesn't look real like the other pics and gif. Especially the driver who really stands out as being a game character. There something not right about how the light hits him too.

protonion

theignoramus said:
more SSR7 footage

Offscreen, but the cockpit view on that circuit is the more immersive than anything I've seen from a driving game.

10 seconds loading? Cool! I saw a 50 second loading video the other day and I was worried.
For those who have done the full install, is it like this for all the stages?

Also...

HOLY SHIT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom