• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT| an Ode to the Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Mush said:
You're a hot young driver who is also a heroin dealer. You spend your time delivering your goods all over Europe as fast as you can, keeping your customers happy while also on the run from Interpol.

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan presents a Kazunori Yamauchi production, in association with Polyphony Digital...

Gran Turismo Auto Five.

brentech

dwebo said:
brentech said:
Yeah, I haven't sold a single car yet. Probably won't unless I get a 3rd of the same exact.
I think the game gave me two Midgets, so I sold one. This gave me an odd number of credits that annoyed me for awhile, so I guess it got the last laugh.
LOL, sounds like me. OCD about numbers coming out smooth.

If I change the volume on the TV it has to be to an even number or something like 15 or 25. My wife finds it hilarious and disturbing all at the same time. Luckily it doesn't run much deeper than numbers and being clean...

ElyrionX

Is it possible to set the manual transmission and all the other driving options plus the starting view permanently? Everytime i boot up the game, its really annoying to have to go to the menu and change the transmission and then change the view ingame.

ElyrionX said:
Is it possible to set the manual transmission and all the other driving options plus the starting view permanently? Everytime i boot up the game, its really annoying to have to go to the menu and change the transmission and then change the view ingame.

The heck, it saves for me. Try doing it in the driving options in the main menu not before a race I guess.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I give up on the top gear lotus challenge and I'm NEVER touching it again. Whose moronic decision was it to force you to do this with hard comfort tires? This is just a miserable experience and I probably haven't felt so frustrated with a game in years. :lol

...:mad:

luka said:
I give up on the top gear lotus challenge and I'm NEVER touching it again. Whose moronic decision was it to force you to do this with hard comfort tires? This is just a miserable experience and I probably haven't felt so frustrated with a game in years. :lol

...:mad:

Have you turned on some assists (specifically Skid Recovery)? That helps out a lot. Most people are actually beating it that way.

ElyrionX said:
Licensing?

60-0-0

:D

Maaseru

Banned
So I'm gonna race my challenger and all its tuning is gone?!?! Has anyone has this happen to them? The money i spent isn't back, but every upgrade piece is gone WTF!!!!!

DoomGyver

Mush said:
I'll get around to doing it at some stage but,

1.) How the fuck do you do it?

2.) How much time do you spend per license?
I'm at 50-0-0 right now and I haven't saved up the willpower to start the S licences yet despite the fact that I've read they're easier than the other licenses *crosses fingers*. I had to take a break from them with special events and b-spec.

Some will take 1-5 attempts. Others will take 50 or more attempts IC-3, IA-10 are the two which stand out as rage inducing. Others were fun and overall the licenses are what they should be, a test and a place to improve your driving skills.
by driving skills I mean learning how PD coded disqualifications and where and when you'll get DQ'd for the dumbest shit.

expy

Banned
Mush said:
I'll get around to doing it at some stage but,

1.) How the fuck do you do it?

2.) How much time do you spend per license?
1) Keep trying
2) Could be a few minutes, could be a few hours.

Dead Man

Maaseru said:
So I'm gonna race my challenger and all its tuning is gone?!?! Has anyone has this happen to them? The money i spent isn't back, but every upgrade piece is gone WTF!!!!!
No. Never had that, hope I don't. Sounds bad. Tried restarting the game?

ElyrionX

Lion Heart said:
The heck, it saves for me. Try doing it in the driving options in the main menu not before a race I guess.

I can't find this anywhere in the menus outside of the races. Only place I can find to set the transmission is just before a race. And it doesn't save the setting after I turn off the game.

Mush

Red Blaster said:
Can someone tell me how the hell do I do the rally challenges? I don't get it at all, my times are shit; can't even manage bronze.
Yeah, the only way I have a hope of winning is if the track generated is made up mostly of straight road. :/

Mobius 1

I remember those My Chemical Romance (ugh) guys talking about designing a racing suit for the game. Was there ever talk of further driver customization?

I also remember seeing different helmets and even drivers with no helmets in some trailers...

nib95

Banned
Anyone know what sort of mileage you have to start repairing body rigidity and engine overhauls at? My R92CP (1050bhp) is at around 470 miles and has taken a fair few knocks here and there, especially by my B-Spec driver.

It feels like it handles worse these days, but it could just be placebo. I'm level 19 A-Spec, 15 B-Spec. Can anyone help?

It's driving me mad not knowing!

dwebo

Fuck yeah, b-spec extreme random car is the ferrari 330 race car. There is a God.

I still can't believe it's entirely up to luck whether you get a car worth 20mil or one worth 500k. :lol

nib95 said:
Anyone know what sort of mileage you have to start repairing body rigidity and engine overhauls at? My R92CP (1050bhp) is at around 470 miles and has taken a fair few knocks here and there, especially by my B-Spec driver.

It feels like it handles worse these days, but it could just be placebo. I'm level 19 A-Spec, 15 B-Spec. Can anyone help?

It's driving me mad not knowing!
No idea how many miles, though 470 seems a bit low. How much does it cost to repair? If you feel like it handles worse just do it and feel better about it.

nib95

Banned
dwebo said:
No idea how many miles, though 470 seems a bit low. How much does it cost to repair? If you feel like it handles worse just do it and feel better about it.

Errr yea...at 500k it's not exactly the sort of peace of mind that springs to mind lol.

TTG

dwebo said:
Fuck yeah, b-spec extreme random car is the ferrari 330 race car. There is a God.

I still can't believe it's entirely up to luck whether you get a car worth 20mil or one worth 500k. :lol

What car did you use for the "Like the Wind" indi race? I just whooped some serious Sauber ass on the daytona circuit in a mean Veyron. But I have to let off the gas in turns at indi, and they don't! Thinking of which car I should max out, or just buy one?

Red Blaster said:
Both that and GT Rally, don't know how to drive the rally cars at all, I have to slow down to 1st gear on every hairpin.

Change the 4x4 bias to 50 and up the front brakes a bit during the race. You can do this by default on the DFGT but you can also map realtime settings options to your DS3. This made the loeb challenges a helluvalot easier for me.

And mod the living hell out of your car of choice for the other challenges without exceeding the max hp. Make it lighter, add an aero pack (if possible) change suspension etc.

dwebo

TTG said:
What car did you use for the "Like the Wind" indi race? I just whooped some serious Sauber ass on the daytona circuit in a mean Veyron. But I have to let off the gas in turns at indi, and they don't! Thinking of which car I should max out, or just buy one?
For a-spec I used a tuned Zonda R. You can win one
in b-spec from the same event that gives you the veyron in a-spec
. It handles a lot better and you can take Indy turns without letting off IIRC (w/ race softs).

nib95 said:
Errr yea...at 500k it's not exactly the sort of peace of mind that springs to mind lol.
I dunno then. Maybe it's time to switch to a new car :lol

wotter

Now I know why the A2 failed to deliver for Audi, the fuel consumption is off the charts! :D

64vWG.jpg

TTG

dwebo said:
For a-spec I used a tuned Zonda R. You can win one
in b-spec from the same event that gives you the veyron in a-spec
. It handles a lot better and you can take Indy turns without letting off IIRC (w/ race softs).

I thought I would have to permanently up the power with the engine tune, but nope! Just the turbo, top speed turned up to 240 and some timely drafting is what it took. Thanks

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I bought Donkey King yesterday, completed a level, and got back to GT5 for 4 hours. This game is just too good.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
TheSeks said:
Edit: Uh-oh, AI driver went into the pits. Does this mean it's time to change the oil and stuff?

Or they just took a corner wide and ended up in the entrance area to the pits so just went in. Mine did that and just drove through. really annoying as the speed limit is very slow

wouwie

I'm doing mostly A-spec races only so i haven't that much cash yet since nearly every A-spec challenge needs another car. But i like it this way. The most fun races are the ones where you tune your car to about the same level (or just under) the opponents. These are by far the most challenging races and the ones i'm most happy of winning in the end. There is no fun in racing with a car that is so fast that you win by a big margin.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
TTG said:
He just levels up and all stats get bumped. The stats are so vague that it wouldn't make a difference, there's only speed... nothing more specific. No cornering, braking, overtaking etc.

It means you haven't been looking at the AI stats. Cornering and breaking are there and they level up like the rest. But I think they all level up the same amount regardless of the racing style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom