• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there's no justification for my actions nor I am seeking one. One thing I can assure, it wasn't me, who started the flirting, and wasn't looking for one. I was just curious then, and it happened so first. That female friend also knows about my relationship. She even pokes me about it sometimes. And I have been her friend for almost three years. My girlfriend also knew about our friendship.

What I'm looking for is, if there's any way to clean up this mess. Right now, my plan is to totally break contact with my female friend and pray to God that my girlfriend never finds out. Total dumbass,maybe.

No way in hell I'd tell her. I'd basically do the same plan as you have. If probably leave the country, too 😉 Does this friend live close to you?

vypek

I feel like if he doesn't tell her, GAF will eventually have a thread where the friend tells the GF about what happened while she was away

drek_max

Neo Member
No way in hell I'd tell her. I'd basically do the same plan as you have. If probably leave the country, too 😉 Does this friend live close to you?

Not too close, not too far. And we've pretty good friends for almost 4 years now. God knows why she dragged me into this mess. Also I know I'm at fault too.

Careful you dont piss off the friend either. She will probably spill the beans. What are the chances of her feeling guilty and throwing you under the bus anyway?

Is she friends with you girlfriend? Or fiance I guess?

Yes I definitely do. We are planning to get married next year.
Secondly, I don't have the guts to tell her, at least not in this situation.
Also, I have been sorta sexting with that female friend.
Guess, I am a bigger mess than I realized before writing these shits.

I know there's no justification for my actions nor I am seeking one. One thing I can assure, it wasn't me, who started the flirting, and wasn't looking for one. I was just curious then, and it happened so first. That female friend also knows about my relationship. She even pokes me about it sometimes. And I have been her friend for almost three years. My girlfriend also knew about our friendship.

What I'm looking for is, if there's any way to clean up this mess. Right now, my plan is to totally break contact with my female friend and pray to God that my girlfriend never finds out. Total dumbass,maybe.

Not too close, not too far. And we've pretty good friends for almost 4 years now. God knows why she dragged me into this mess. Also I know I'm at fault too.
You were forced against your will to kiss her and sext with her! She started it!

Your gf will find out about your cheating eventually so it's on you on who she hears it from: you or your friend or someone else who knows of this situation. Especially when marriage stuff starts up.

You dragged yourself man. When it started you coulda just been like "you know I have a gf, stop or our friendship is done".

If you engage it's your own fault. Don't blame her, she isn't the one required to keep your relationship together. You are.

At this point you just wanna have your cake and eat it too. That's fine, say nothing if you wish to stay together and dont do it again. But it's 100% your fault and your refusal to stop blame sharing tells me you aren't genuinely sorry. Which is fine, dating age isn't "be a good person" age. It's just annoying you are trying to play it off like you are.

gaiages

Banned
I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask,still gonna do anyway.
I have a lovely, caring, amazing girlfriend for almost five years. We have passed a great times together. Recently we have been living in distant due to study purposes.
I have a female friend, whom I used to flirt occasionally. Recently we made out and did some stuff out of pure lust. There wasn't sex of any kind. I have zero(probably negative) emotional attraction towards that female friend.
I know I have fucked up, I want nothing more in the world than my girlfriend. What should I do?

Yes I definitely do. We are planning to get married next year.
Secondly, I don't have the guts to tell her, at least not in this situation.
Also, I have been sorta sexting with that female friend.
Guess, I am a bigger mess than I realized before writing these shits.

Bruh you're kind of a piece of shit for emotionally cheating on your girlfriend (who is your fiancée, why aren't you calling her that if you're going to get married to her)

Just saying

Also at least take agency for your actions, don't act like it's not your fault as well. You could have shut that down easily.

I don't really have advice to give to "clean it up", I just wanted to let you know that I, person on the internet, don't think highly of you for your actions.

Stop being a horrible soon to be husband and stop cheating on your soon to be wife and stop making excuses

God save you if you actually go, "yea but she texted me first" if/when you explain this to your fiancee

Careful you dont piss off the friend either. She will probably spill the beans. What are the chances of her feeling guilty and throwing you under the bus anyway?

Is she friends with you girlfriend? Or fiance I guess?

If he goes through with the plan of cutting ties with this friend to fix the mess. The friend will find his girlfriend and tell her because she'll feel pretty bad about being used and have a 4 year friendship thrown away.

Story time. I remember a few years back there was a really lovely Chinese girl at school who ended up liking me a lot. I was working as a math tutor and I'm not sure why but I think when I met her at work I ended up chatting with her for two hours talking about interesting things I learned in linguistics. I kept asking her if I was rambling but she told me to keep going. Then she asked for my number and she invited me to get coffee next to her apartment. So it comes time to get coffee and when I ask her if we're still on, she says to just meet her at her apartment instead. Wow.

Then I get to her place. First thing I notice is that it's really dirty. She said it's because she was moving out in a couple of days but it looked like it was dirty even before she started moving out. Next notable thing that happened was that she says she's hungry, takes the bowl out of the rice cooker, mixes some peanut butter into the rice into it, and just starts going to town on it with a big ass spoon. BLEH. I mean I think this is definitely just me (it's just peanut butter, right?) but I had to really suppress my gag reflex. I'm Filipino and eat plenty of rice but I had never heard of this. I'm actually queasy just typing this out.

Anyway, we talk for an hour in her empty ass apartment while we sit on the only two pieces of furniture left in the whole room. For some reason, in the middle of conversation, she lets me know that I'd be a lot cuter if I was taller.

Anyway at some point I can't take it anymore and I let her know I have to get going, thus ending the worst date I've ever had in my entire life. I ignore one of her texts after and the next day she completely freaks out over text. I can't remember the details all too clearly (it was long) but the gist is that she was extremely upset and she was really hoping we could be friends and do stuff together. I simply said "what?" in total shock at this extreme situation I had found myself in and she simply responded "never mind."

As far as attractiveness goes she was totally an 8.

My guess is that she was really lonely because she had just moved here about a year ago and wasn't making many friends (maybe culture and language barrier, but her english was extremely good) and I was the only person who had given her much attention at all that wasn't also a FOB Chinese. In retrospect I should have been more understanding and nicer about this whole thing but I was being extremely selfish and didn't want to inconvenience myself with one minor awkward social situation.

That looks like age discrimination to me. You're over 30 probably more desperate and probably earning more money tax.

When I turned 30 last month, the prices for all dating sites and services leapt up on the day of my birthday. It does suck and has pushed me into using online as a free supplemental. If anything, it's forced me into more social situations to meet people in person, which is better for self improvement.

bluethree

It's textbook, ghosting without looking like their or ghosting OR keeping you on hold while they date someone else.

this is definitely true most of the time, though there are exceptions / things on their end that may hold things up. waiting a few days for a post-date nice meeting you text though? yeah no. I generally try to be understanding and not jump to conclusions but that's a nope out situation for me.

I was punching out at work and this really cute girl I've been eyeing up for a bit came up right behind me to punch out and when I went to punch out I let a loud one rip right at her. I didnt even feel it coming. I didnt know if I should turn around and say excuse me or something so I just casually punched out and walked away like nothing happened.

Wonder what women's perspective is on rejection. Had to drop the rejection bomb on someone because I felt nothing and it would be disingenuous had I kept on going after she dropped a couple of bombs in wanting to date + talked about what she was looking for. When I told her I didn't feel anything and that I didn't want to mislead her, she wrote as if she took it extremely well, but then went off and unliked a lot of my photos and spoke less and less (not that it's a bad thing, but I did tell her I'd be fine with being friends provided that she's okay with that). Idk if this is saltiness, or if it's the fact that she can't handle not getting someone she really wanted. I know back in the days I had to deal with this and it was a lot of frustration and anger (towards myself, never at other people) before eventually realizing that I had nothing to be really angry about. I just wonder how women take rejection compared to guys.

Log4Girlz

I was punching out at work and this really cute girl I've been eyeing up for a bit came up right behind me to punch out and when I went to punch out I let a loud one rip right at her. I didnt even feel it coming. I didnt know if I should turn around and say excuse me or something so I just casually punched out and walked away like nothing happened.

Did she look at you go?

jimmypython

Story time. I remember a few years back there was a really lovely Chinese girl at school who ended up liking me a lot. I was working as a math tutor and I'm not sure why but I think when I met her at work I ended up chatting with her for two hours talking about interesting things I learned in linguistics. I kept asking her if I was rambling but she told me to keep going. Then she asked for my number and she invited me to get coffee next to her apartment. So it comes time to get coffee and when I ask her if we're still on, she says to just meet her at her apartment instead. Wow.

Then I get to her place. First thing I notice is that it's really dirty. She said it's because she was moving out in a couple of days but it looked like it was dirty even before she started moving out. Next notable thing that happened was that she says she's hungry, takes the bowl out of the rice cooker, mixes some peanut butter into the rice into it, and just starts going to town on it with a big ass spoon. BLEH. I mean I think this is definitely just me (it's just peanut butter, right?) but I had to really suppress my gag reflex. I'm Filipino and eat plenty of rice but I had never heard of this. I'm actually queasy just typing this out.

Anyway, we talk for an hour in her empty ass apartment while we sit on the only two pieces of furniture left in the whole room. For some reason, in the middle of conversation, she lets me know that I'd be a lot cuter if I was taller.

Anyway at some point I can't take it anymore and I let her know I have to get going, thus ending the worst date I've ever had in my entire life. I ignore one of her texts after and the next day she completely freaks out over text. I can't remember the details all too clearly (it was long) but the gist is that she was extremely upset and she was really hoping we could be friends and do stuff together. I simply said "what?" in total shock at this extreme situation I had found myself in and she simply responded "never mind."

My guess is that she was really lonely because she had just moved here about a year ago and wasn't making many friends (maybe culture and language barrier, but her english was extremely good) and I was the only person who had given her much attention at all that wasn't also a FOB Chinese. In retrospect I should have been more understanding and nicer about this whole thing but I was being extremely selfish and didn't want to inconvenience myself with one minor awkward social situation.

WOW you dodged a bullet. congrats. she's certainly something......

Well, yeah. Just do the same thing to her, and there's no emotion behind it, even if you hook up later.

She can fuck off for good. I don't want people like that in my life. It'll only lead to more misery and pain. Playing games with people just to maximize your own gain is some sociopathic shit.

In the mean time yes you do have to date multiple people. Doesn't matter if it's draining, you wont get anywhere being super invested in one person at this stage.

How do you guys do it? Simultaneously date multiple people I mean. I feel anxious about engaging more than one person's emotions at any given time. How should I be thinking?

vypek

Just realized that OT7 is coming up pretty quick. I'm looking forward to the new title since there has been a pretty good amount of suggestions throughout these pages.

deepsleep

Neo Member

Other guy said you dodged a bullet. Me? I'd say you probably could've banged her if you had stuck around. An 8 and Chinese? Bro...

This probably says a lot about me but that sounds alright. Except for the peanut butter and rice.

Asians girls are hard to come by once you leave school/uni, at least in my experience. And he said that she was an 8, so I wouldn't have passed that chance up

Also, I read your comment in Mike's voice

You might to work on not fetishizing races, he wasn't into the girl based on cultural differences and said as much. The fact that you would have ignored all of that to "score with rare exotic chick bro" Is not a good look.

Lots of people read my posts like mike, because most of the time that's how I feel.

vern

Asians girls are hard to come by once you leave school/uni, at least in my experience. And he said that she was an 8, so I wouldn't have passed that chance up

Also, I read your comment in Mike's voice

Asian girls are hard to come by? Lol. There is a place called asia with absolutely heaps of them.

Jintor

Actually, given her idea of a meal was peanut butter and rice, perhaps culinary delights wasn't that big a drawcard in any event

What the fuck? Peanut butter and rice? Keep smoking crack brehs.

So I bumped into the neighbour walking home at like 10pm from my buddies house. Ended up having drinks at the pub downstairs. Chilled at her place until now (3am) and now I need to sleep for 3 hours before work. She is totally bi.

ANYWAYS! I will behave I swear to god.

Actually, given her idea of a meal was peanut butter and rice, perhaps culinary delights wasn't that big a drawcard in any event

To me it's clearly her struggle meal, it might not have been peanut butter but sesame paste, if it was the peanut butter was a substitute. Would you like to be judged by you struggle meal?

Mine was mixed frozen vegetables and a can of baked beans microwaved in a bowl for 5 minutes. Some of GAFs struggle meals have been worse than that.

cheesesandwich.jpg, Italianmeal.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom