• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations 1+2 for Switch new details (Motion, HD Rumble, date)

Lizardus

what is people whining about?
joycon don't have an IR pointer.
THAT was what made the wiimote vastly superior to everything else in terms of aiming
of course the gyro controls can't be the same thing

This. Playing BotW and Splatoon 2 with the Wiimote is so much better than playing with the Pro controller and joycons.

LordKano

THAT was what made the wiimote vastly superior to everything else in terms of aiming

Yeah wiimote and joy-cons aren't the same kind of motion controls.

Nobody here is complaining about gyro aiming. Its the most news from a guy on twitter which he claims we are getting half assed wrist snapping for aiming at enemies(which is not like splatoon at all), that's turning people off.

Jake2by4

So did they put back up the laser sight in this version? Seriously still don't understand why they took it out for every release after the 3DS.

People want BOTW. They aren't asking for much man.

cvxfreak

The games will probably be similar to BOTW.

There is no cursor in this game like RE4 Wii, which is what I meant originally. Apologies for the confusion!

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Breath of the Wild.

Nobody here is complaining about gyro aiming. Its the most news from a guy on twitter which he claims we are getting half assed wrist snapping for aiming at enemies(which is not like splatoon at all), that's turning people off.

People want BOTW. They aren't asking for much man.

Yes
In fact people should probably read:

The games will probably be similar to BOTW.

There is no cursor in this game like RE4 Wii, which is what I meant originally. Apologies for the confusion!

No confusion man.
It was obvious to me.
Thank you for the info.

Yes
In fact people should probably read:

Dont quote a post after everyone you quoted then claim we should read. You know how fucking dumb that is? We should read shit that didn't exist before we posted?

No confusion man.
It was obvious to me.
Thank you for the info.

It wasn't obvious and did require clarification. It's not his fault however, it's Capcom's for not being explicit. He didn't need to apologize

So many people here apparently never played Revelations on the 3DS. Gyro controls work excellently for the game. Not to mention RE isn't exactly a fast paced game (even as action heavy as Rev is)

Are people really getting bent out of shape over a poor translation simply stating the differences between gyro and pointer aiming? FFS

TheMoon

WTF...

How DOES THIS PLAY? Can someone draw already?

Here.
howtoaimkip79.jpg

My uncle is Keiji Inafune's barber.

So many people here apparently never played Revelations on the 3DS. Gyro controls work excellently for the game. Not to mention RE isn't exactly a fast paced game (even as action heavy as Rev is)

Are people really getting bent out of shape over a poor translation simply stating the differences between gyro and pointer aiming? FFS

You completely misread the entire thread. :)

Carlisle

Kinda mindblowing that we're in the third generation of motion controls being standard and only now are realizing the full glory that is gyro aiming.

I'm about halfway through the first one on 3DS and avoided all other versions (and RER2) because I already had the original (unbeaten), but this might be the pack I get. Dat console/handheld option is ruling all my gaming decisions now.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Dont quote a post after everyone you quoted then claim we should read. You know how fucking dumb that is? We should read shit that didn't exist before we posted?

It wasn't obvious and did require clarification. It's not his fault however, it's Capcom's for not being explicit. He didn't need to apologize

Hey simply told that isn't like RE4
Anyone who ever had a Switch in hand would have known it already

Gyro control is different from pointer control

Reading gyro control, then different from re4 would be he exact same thing

So reading would have been helpful before his (welcome) clarification

And would have made his apology useless as unnecessary it was

I am not happy with capcom switch approach but people.is too ready to jump the gun against them even for bad implementation of a non existent technology lol

Tried Revelations 3DS demo... nyah...

Revelations 2.. If you like kind of bad PS2 survival horror, the kind that earns 4/10 or 6/10 at best, you'll enjoy Revelations 2. It was bad, but it has co-op... so... eh. If bad horror games is your thing, and it is my thing, I can recommend it. BTW, I got the whole thing for less than 3 dollars, on steam.

But 40 fucking dollars? Haha. NO. NO NO NO

Neiteio

Tried Revelations 3DS demo... nyah...

Revelations 2.. If you like kind of bad PS2 survival horror, the kind that earns 4/10 or 6/10 at best, you'll enjoy Revelations 2. It was bad, but it has co-op... so... eh. If bad horror games is your thing, and it is my thing, I can recommend it. BTW, I got the whole thing for less than 3 dollars, on steam.

But 40 fucking dollars? Haha. NO. NO NO NO
Revelations 2 was very well-received here on GAF. Game is excellent.

I am not happy with capcom switch approach but people.is too ready to jump the gun against them even for bad implementation of a non existent technology lol

The tweet said "auto-aiming", which is what everybody was reacting to.

Lizardus

No man, look at this:

Resident Evil Revelations 1+2 on Switch feature new Joy-Con controls for knifing, aiming & reloading. Aiming is a bit different from RE4 Wii

Instead of the RE4 cursor, apparently Revelations 1+2 Switch let you use the Joy-Cons to auto aim at an enemy. #ResidentEvil

You can auto-aim at another enemies by moving the Joy-Con in the direction of that enemy in Revelations 1+2 Switch.

From this, it sounded like flicking the joycons would auto-switch to enemies with the auto-aim. That's what people had a negative reaction to.

This was the issue (bolded for emphasis):

Instead of the RE4 cursor, apparently Revelations 1+2 Switch let you use the Joy-Cons to auto aim at an enemy. #ResidentEvil

You can auto-aim at another enemies by moving the Joy-Con in the direction of that enemy in Revelations 1+2 Switch.

This makes it sound like you basically just flick the joycon towards an enemy and then the character automatically aims at that enemy. Which is not at all like typical gyro aiming.

Now, he has since clarified that it might not be what we're thinking, but at least we should all understand what the initial outrage was about.

TheMoon

Haha, this is amazing. Did you whip this up just now? :)

A true artist never reveals his process.

Switch has no IR aimer, right?

If it anything like RE5 with Move implementation, it'll be unplayable.

Yes and no. It does have an IR sensor on the right joycon ...but it's on the bottom. So it won't even be used as a pointer for shooting games since you'd have to hold the joycon upside down. So far it was used for the speed-eating minigame in 1-2-Switch. Plus there's no sensor bar on the Switch itself anywhere. So the IR camera can't look for anything to orient with.

ir-camera-video.jpg

Neiteio

Yes and no. It does have an IR sensor on the right joycon ...but it's on the bottom. So it won't even be used as a pointer for shooting games since you'd have to hold the joycon upside down. So far it was used for the speed-eating minigame in 1-2-Switch.

ir-camera-video.jpg
I wonder if any other games will make use of the IR sensor. Such an odd place to put it... Hard to imagine it being used for conventional gameplay.

My theory is it's actually a camera, and Reggie uses it to spy on us and make sure our bodies are ready.

TheMoon

I wonder if any other games will make use of the IR sensor. Such an odd place to put it... Hard to imagine it being used for conventional gameplay.

My theory is it's actually a camera, and Reggie uses it to spy on us and make sure our bodies are ready.

Mario Party. You'll have it in pass-and-play multiplayer games where you take turns. And for one-off gimmick mechanics. Legend of Zelda: Switch of the Fusion will let you "scan" hand gestures to solve puzzles. etc etc

Alright Capcom, you had me at motion control for aiming.

Never bought Revelations 2, but own Revelations on my 3DS though I haven't playing it in a while.

Will probably pick this up once it drops as motion controls for aiming are a complete joy after using it in Splatoon 2.

No. Look at this:
The tweet said "auto-aiming", which is what everybody was reacting to.

And this:
No man, look at this:

From this, it sounded like flicking the joycons would auto-switch to enemies with the auto-aim. That's what people had a negative reaction to.

And this:
This was the issue (bolded for emphasis):

This makes it sound like you basically just flick the joycon towards an enemy and then the character automatically aims at that enemy. Which is not at all like typical gyro aiming.

Now, he has since clarified that it might not be what we're thinking, but at least we should all understand what the initial outrage was about.
______

None of us are illiterate. Don't play it off like we're dumb.

Masx

Banned
Man anyone else annoyed with the half physical/digital trend that they are doing with on the Switch?

kc44135

Switch has no IR aimer, right?

If it anything like RE5 with Move implementation, it'll be unplayable.
Switch Joycons can provide pointer aiming much like the Wiimote. World of Goo on Switch is a good example: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jY-z-fYAiTU
Auto-aim indeed was a poor choice of words. I should have said pinpoint aiming. Sorry about that again!

Could you clarify at all how these controls will work? Will it be like RE4 where you aim anywhere on screen, or more like BOTW where you can aim like the stock and then make small adjustments with Gyro (this is actually what I would prefer)? Edit: Looks like you already provided some clarification earlier. It's not really like RE4 then, for sure. What I'm hoping is that you can aim with Gyro and the stock at the same time, like BOTW. I wouldn't want it to be like Gyro aiming for Revelations on 3DS, for instance, where you had to use Gyro to aim and turn your character. That was just awkward. If it is Zelda style aiming though, it could be a great addition for sure!

Easy_D

never left the stone age
If it isn't optional I am not buying period.

Why the fuck can devs not get this simple shit right? It's so fucking easy.

It's Capcom.

You know, the guys who after RE4 sold super well on Wii decided to test the franchise's strength on the platform again with two on-rails shooters. Nothing they do makes sense.

TheMoon

The game is by Namco.

And it's pretty clear Bill Roper doesn't consider Half Life 2 canon.

It's Capcom.

You know, the guys who after RE4 sold super well on Wii decided to test the franchise's strength on the platform again with two on-rails shooters. Nothing they do makes sense.

Hey, afterwards they ported the two traditional GCN games over again, too! :)

Top Bottom