• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV September update is now live [+new event added in Chapter 12]

The #FFXV September update is now live!
A new event has been added to Chapter 12 that explains the events that led to the War of the Astrals
DK2tGxjVoAAdqJM.jpg

DK2tG0DVwAAi43O.jpg

DK2tGz1VYAAdfxc.jpg

DK2tG1fUEAA9_Xh.jpg

https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/913576634921439234

Seik

Banned
I got the platinum trophy at launch and I was OK with the game, while it wasn't my favorite, I had the fun time with it.

Next time I'll play it will probably be when a Definitive Edition will come out with all DLC and additional cutscenes will be intergrated in the game. I'm sure it'll feel awesome once they'll actually be done with the game.

Is that a flashback with Shiva? That's pretty awesome, that part in Chapter 12 where you see the aftermath of her battle was one of my favorite visual moments.

Namikaze

As someone who completed the game around the time it came out, I'm very confused as to when I should jump back in. They're still adding story bits..

Wait already? I thought we wouldn't get more content until November or December for some reason.

Oh well can't complain! I welcome more content!

theofficefan99

Part of me wants to go ahead and view the cutscene because Chapter 12 is really short and I'm also bored rn, and another part of me wants to wait until the end of next year to re-experience everything all-together.

The Shiva stuff is pretty cool in this game, glad it's getting more detail.

But I'm not going to replay piecemeal to keep checking on drip-fed new content. Going to replay a more complete version in a year or so I think....

Socivol

The Shiva stuff is pretty cool in this game, glad it's getting more detail.

But I'm not going to replay piecemeal to keep checking on drip-fed new content. Going to replay a more complete version in a year or so I think....
It's a bit odd they aren't just adding this all at once to me too.

It's a bit odd they aren't just adding this all at once to me too.

I assume they just keep plugging away on it, and they're trying to follow this absurd "game as service" model (I say absurd just because this is (was) a big single player rpg, and would have been a more enjoyable and complete product w/ all these little ads at release).

The frequent additions may keep some coming back I suppose...

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
As someone who completed the game around the time it came out, I'm very confused as to when I should jump back in. They're still adding story bits..

I'm beginning to suspect the answer might be 2019.

At this rate, with how much they're adding and how much they're investing in this game, I'm beginning to suspect that this is all just going to be leading up to a definitive edition SKU released on next-gen consoles with all the DLC and the Windows Edition visuals.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I already started it so...

Will finish when complete.

This is how I am. I bought the deluxe edition the day it came out to make sure I didn't miss out on it but decided to wait for the Pro patch to drop, which certainly wouldn't be long.

Then it took a while.

So I gave in and started playing. It didn't grab me very much as I really didn't like the battle system. But I got my willpower back and put the game away.

Then the Pro patch came out and somehow made the game worse. So I decided to wait until that was fixed. Then other games came out, then news about story updates came out and now they have story updates planned into 2018.

So at this point, I'm just waiting for the final story update to come out to give it another go, from the beginning.

Edit: I should point out that I have absolutely zero issue with developers supporting and adding to a game, even if it's single player. It's just the fact that they're apparently trying to fix the story through updates and will be continuing to do that a year after it comes out. I think that's a bit unacceptable and silly. But I love that they're doing the character DLC, multiplayer, etc.

MAX PAYMENT

I really wish MGSV got the same treatment.

I'm looking forward to playing through this game again months from now when it's "complete."

wmlk

I'm watching this right now.

Honestly, I'm so impressed. Holy shit.

They told a better story in these new 15 minutes than they did in the entire game.

If this only a fraction of what's to come, and this is only a hodgepodge implementation, then bring on 2018.

I'm watching this right now.

Honestly, I'm so impressed. Holy shit.

They told a better story in these new 15 minutes than they did in the entire game.

If this only a fraction of what's to come, and this is only a hodgepodge implementation, then bring on 2018.
Seriously? It's that good?

wmlk

Seriously? It's that good?

OK, quick thing.

Don't get too excited, it's undoubtedly the best storytelling moment in the game other than the final chapter, but that in a way isn't saying much because the game lacks storytelling moments. It's a really great start, though.

Some still haven't played the game so I won't delve into details.

OK, quick thing.

Don't get too excited, it's undoubtedly the best storytelling moment in the game other than the final chapter, but that in a way isn't saying much because the game lacks storytelling moments. It's a really great start, though.
Oh I understand. I'm just surprised that it's a well done addition. Especially since it wasn't actual paid DLC.

theofficefan99

Unfortunately I guess this might be all they're adding to this chapter. A shame, considering I love the design of Tenebrae, along with the frozen section.

Adaren

Glad to see that they added some Luna+Gentiana scenes. Their lack of interaction in the original game is absurd.

Top Bottom