• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How to spot a virgin

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
soultron said:
Serious answer: I think you'd need skeletal tracking (Kinect? Haha.) and a way of identifying the distance of one person's hand to a shoulder or hip joint on the other person.
Skeletal tracking would seem difficult without multiple frames to reference, like in a video. Maybe pattern recognition for what a foreshortened hand in a half-grip looks like? Checked against larger pattern-recognized human bodies for proximity?

soultron

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
Skeletal tracking would seem difficult without multiple frames to reference, like in a video. Maybe pattern recognition for what a foreshortened hand in a half-grip looks like?
Allow allocation of memory to store a short interval of frames for reference? If the distance remains roughly constant, BOOM!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
soultron said:
Allow allocation of memory to store a short interval of frames for reference? If the distance remains roughly constant, BOOM!
If we're talking about analyzing from direct feed, a program in the camera itself yeah, although I'm not sure the point of that. I'm thinking absolute basic image analysis here, just give the algorithm a dictionary and a stack of photos you want to sort through.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
soultron said:
You've had the touch of a woman, so you're exempt from the shame of virgin hoverhandery. I hope, for her sake, that you enjoy being touchy, intimate or otherwise.
Eh, I wouldn't hope for her. She's sorta' like me. It's been 8 devoted years and we have each other mostly figured out. She's more of a "get down to business" type. We like holding hands when we walk, but we've never been as cuddly as other couples... In spite of the fact that we are still crazy bones for each other.

dejay

Banned
I wonder if the amount of hugging parents give their kids has anything to do with this. Some people are raised in environments where they rarely hug.

When my parents split up and I got integrated with my new step sisters and brothers it came as a bit of a shock at how much hugging they all did. I learned to appreciate it but it took me a good while. If I hadn't had that I don't know if I would have turned out to be one of the hovering hands clan.

I bet there aren't many hand hoverers in parts of Europe and South American where physical contact is much more prevelant and where personal space boundries are much smaller.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
There's something in that. My family was always very close. So even though I was a pretty socially awkward teenager growing up I never hoverhanded, always full contact.

mcrae

Replicant said:
LOL. Love how facial expression went from fake smile to genuine sexy come-on. :lol

u think her last expression is one of genuine sexy come-on, and her earlier ones were fake smiles?

WAT

soultron

Banned
Halycon said:
There's something in that. My family was always very close. So even though I was a pretty socially awkward teenager growing up I never hoverhanded, always full contact.
There's something human about touching another person. A handshake, hug, highfive etc.

Makes me feel good in a non-pervy way.

Now quote and misconstrue!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
soultron said:
Makes me feel good in a non-pervy way.
I remember that there are actual chemical human bodies release during inter-human contact, which can provide pleasure.

Touching is a very natural action.

soultron

Banned
Halycon said:
I remember that there are actual chemical human bodies release during inter-human contact, which can provide pleasure.

Touching is a very natural action.
Well, there's the intrinsic trust and approval that comes from allowing/being allowed to touch another human being as part of the psychological component.

mcrae

Staccat0 said:
I'm REALLY fucking married. Love my wife to death, but I'm awkward with touching in general so the more I think about it the more it makes sense. I hate anything beyond a handshake really. It's not germs and it doesn't make me nervous or anything. I just don't like it very much... man or woman. (Except my wife of course who I am pretty comfortable with)

lol only pretty comfortable?

Count Dookkake said:
Anyone have any idea how to develop a program for cameras that could identify and correct hoverhand, like they do with red-eye?

Office.jpg

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
All these guys hoverhanding kinda make me mad. Unlike some people (say, me), they don't have some kind of condition that makes their hands sweaty and/or cold most of the time. I have to avoid direct skin contact with people (not only women) just because of that. Oh well.

mcrae

Kilrogg said:
All these guys hoverhanding kinda make me mad. Unlike some people (say, me), they don't have some kind of condition that makes their hands sweaty and/or cold most of the time. I have to avoid direct skin contact with people (not only women) just because of that. Oh well.

my friend has that. i always have wondered what a handjob would be like...

mcrae

ZeroRay said:
I also have that condition and let me tell you, it's no substitute for lube.

no i dont imagine it would be. i think it would have lots of potential for being gross. but either way shes pretty hot and uncharted teritory.. as are her hands.... so im intrigued rofl

soultron

Banned
mcrae said:
no i dont imagine it would be. i think it would have lots of potential for being gross. but either way shes pretty hot and uncharted teritory.. as are her hands.... so im intrigued rofl
Combine that with some spit and she's clear for jerk off.

ronito

Himuro said:
I'm sorry. It's just that Koshiba has to post about her boobs or something in just about every thing.

WE GET IT.
well now there's double the posts about Koshiba's tits. Thanks for that Himu.

Salsa

this is how i grab my lady friends

TxXRZ.jpg

im like, the opposite of a virgin

im a sexgin

also that pic is old as fuck and i look like a hipster

Himuro said:
Oh wow, another Koshiba post about her breasts.

Why don't you start a live stripper video feed on justin.tv, Koshiba?

Show me your tits. Do they have teeth marks on them from all the rednecks who've nibbled on those nipples?

A legend died tonight. RIP my friend, may you find peace and Shenmue 3 in the afterlife.

soultron

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
A legend died tonight. RIP my friend, may you find peace and Shenmue 3 in the afterlife.
I like Himuro too, but he was being an ass. Even his DK ragequit had more class.

This thread is going to make me look for the hover hand in public now. I never really knew it happened until now.

soultron said:
I like Himuro too, but he was being an ass. Even his DK ragequit had more class.

This thread is going to make me look for the hover hand in public now. I never really knew it happened until now.

I took a pic with a couple of girls today and I made a consious effort, thanks to this thread, to make sure my arms were wrapped around and my hands were firmly on their shoulders. I don't think I ever hover-handed, but thanks to this thread, I never will again.

Serenade said:
the guy holding the booty looks like that white kid from everybody hates chris

is he doing the "dat ass" face on purpose? sunglasses+bit lip=datass?

mcrae

perfectchaos007 said:
I took a pic with a couple of girls today and I made a consious effort, thanks to this thread, to make sure my arms were wrapped around and my hands were firmly on their shoulders. I don't think I ever hover-handed, but thanks to this thread, I never will again.

is he doing the "dat ass" face on purpose? sunglasses+bit lip=datass?

as i was reading that sentence i was giddy with excitement that you made it look like you were doing what the guy is doing in koshibas pic, but then you disappoint :(

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
PhoenixDark said:
Tru fucking dat.

He never had a chance though, going against Koshiba's giant... following. What a bunch of fakers.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I don't think I'll ever hover hand again(not that I ever have I'm just not sure if I have) unless its like a female relative even then I'll probably put my hand on their shoulder or some shit. :lol

I can see how a lot of people just don't want the girl they're taking a picture with to think they're creepy by putting their arm around them. I guess a good indication might be that if the girl's arm is around you then it's ok to do the same. But whatever, it's a matter of confidence. If you want to be pally and close to someone you're taking a picture with then don't hover around the idea, just do it.

m3k

SalsaShark said:
this is how i grab my lady friends

TxXRZ.jpg

im like, the opposite of a virgin

im a sexgin

also that pic is old as fuck and i look like a hipster

youre the man

LosDaddie

Banned
This thread continues to deliver. The Cammy/Black Akuma pic is awesome. That is definitely how you take a picture with someone in a costume, GAF. Especially with a lady who wears a costume like that. Remember that next time you got to a costume party.

Himuro said:
Oh wow, another Koshiba post about her breasts.

Why don't you start a live stripper video feed on justin.tv, Koshiba?

Show me your tits. Do they have teeth marks on them from all the rednecks who've nibbled on those nipples?

Himuro said:
Another Koshiba pic showing off her tits.

This pic seems to be pre-op, so nevermind.

Himuro said:
I'm sorry. It's just that Koshiba has to post about her boobs or something in just about every thing.

WE GET IT.

You will not be missed. What a pathetic, self-loathing person you must be. A GAFer contributed to the thread with a personal picture (very rare to be done) and all you can do is hate on that?

SmokyDave

Great Rumbler said:
Himuro died for our sins. :(
Or, because he was a bit of a prick.

I can't help but wonder if that was a hijack of some sort. It was just so pointlessly bitchy and it came out of nowhere.

soultron

Banned
Great Rumbler said:
Himuro died for our sins. :(
Himuro died for coming back after ragequitting and blatantly flaming a user who has done nothing more than posting herself in a push up bra. There's nothing even mildly offensive about that.

Even if you don't like Koshiba's marvellous jugs, she's never posted mean shit about anyone. Totally uncalled for on Him's part.

Himuro was a cool guy at one point. Don't know where that went. Shame.

/derail.

FlightOfHeaven said:
That was very... un-Himuro.

That's the way Himuro rolls, man, always has been, always will be. He says what he thinks, means what he says. Never apologizes, never compromises. They killed him, shot him down like a bird in the sky, but his words will always be there. Always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom