• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
KS Seven X said:
So it wasn't madcatz that would sponsor him. I wonder who Markman was talking about. He never announced it.
What if it's Marn? He recently backed out of his EG contract, and I'm sure Madcatz wants a star Marvel player to go with their star SF player (Daigo).
This is pure speculation, of course.

_dementia said:
What if it's Marn? He recently backed out of his EG contract, and I'm sure Madcatz wants a star Marvel player to go with their star SF player (Daigo).
This is pure speculation, of course.

it's kayane

Threi said:
ok i have to say it:

adon is far, FAR more annoying in this game than blanka ever was.

holy...shit.

Haha - noted! He is my sort of alt because since this isn't 3S he offers a lot of what I like in a character. Lots of options to get around the screen quickly. I don't like being trapped, which is what makes playing with Hokan so hard. :(

Really wish they'd make Hokan's running grab function like Cammy's cannonball. At least give me an option to drop/cancel out of it to play MINDGAMES! :D

threi - do you not have a headset at all? You're really lowering the bar for XBL man, and I can use sage advice when I'm playing. :|

Threi

notag
The Take Out Bandit said:
threi - do you not have a headset at all? You're really lowering the bar for XBL man, and I can use sage advice when I'm playing. :|
i have one; just can't play and talk at the same time. Playing deejay you have a million and a half things to worry about constantly both offensively and defensively, have to have 100% concentration on the game.

black_vegeta said:
Anyone up for some matches?

Let me send you an invite and I will give you hugs not drugs!

Threi said:
i have one; just can't play and talk at the same time. Playing deejay you have a million and a half things to worry about constantly both offensively and defensively, have to have 100% concentration on the game.

Yes, but you're playing me (most awesome Hokan player ever, I know) so it's not serious business bro. :|

That Cody combo video got me hyped. Double aerial Bingo reminds me of Makoto's double Fukiage. Hell, the aerial combos into Ultra 1 were amazing, too.

USD

http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/development_blog/2011/02/08_3035.html

E.HONDA
-j.MP hitbox changed. Still strong as an air-to-air, but will lose more often against ground opponents

j.MP's hit box in Super
voFgS.jpg

j.MP's hit box in AE
UxWCX.jpg

-(diagonal) j.HP does 100 damage
-st.HP does 120 damage in the first 3 active frames, 80 from the 4th frame after, so know it will do less damage when use as a poke against ground opponents

GOUKEN
-LP Kongoshin (parry) has armor below the waist; MP has upper body armor for use against standing attacks; HP has armor above the head, for use against air attacks.

Kongoshin's armor box for LP, MP, HP, respectively
4ARNq.jpg

-Knowing which to use is essential, and although a bit difficult, the move has a 1F start-up and is very strong, so try to master it
-EX is the same as before

ROSE
-Other than the previoiusly mentioned changes, Soul Spark meter built has been adjusted (most likely less)
-cr.MP has a 4F start-up, and the hitbox is sticks out in front of the hurtbox, making it easy to use for pokes, combos, and such.

cr.MP's hitbox
ULHWD.jpg

-Because Rose floats on her muffler when using st.MK, she has no hurtbox at her feet, making low attacks whiff and stuffing them

st.MK's hitbox
jCfIr.jpg

IBUKI
-Ibuki's trajectory after backjump Kunai is slightly different, leaving her close to her opponent in AE
-The damage is also reduced from 50 to 30, so be aware that it will lower her combo damage

Kunai's throwing position
Oco4s.jpg

Landing position in Super
ibTn7u.jpg

Landing position in AE
ieovge.jpg

SETH
-st.MK's hurtbox reduction and extension of its active frames to 3 makes it easier to use as a poke than before.

st.MK's hitbox
ibXMY4.jpg

-In Super, the unique attack Yosokyaku (head stomp) had a hitbox from active until Seth reached the ground. In AE however, the actives are only there from the end of start-up until 3F later
-Depending on the character and position, Shoryu FADC Head stomp is more difficult to do

AKUMA
-UC2 has larger hitbox only when activated from Teleport
-It's now easier to heavily punish opponents who try to read a runaway Teleport
-With good timing, it's possible to catch Yun's lunge punch, Yang's roll kick, and other long-reaching specials, as well as each character's footsie attacks.

UC2's normal hitbox
iejyn4.jpg

UC2's hitbox from a Teleport cancel
iej0vC.jpg

Next week is Blanka, Abel, Gen, Makoto, Dee Jay, and T.Hawk.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
-cr.MP has a 4F start-up, and the hitbox is sticks out in front of the hurtbox, making it easy to use for pokes, combos, and such.

because....its...not easy to use .....in Super???

baffling as hell

USD

~Devil Trigger~ said:
because....its...not easy to use .....in Super???

baffling as hell
The hitboxes they showed for Rose are the exact same in Super. For characters they don't have anything new to show, they just show hitboxes for their good moves.

black_vegeta said:
Anyone up for some matches?

ggs

I need to train harder, but a victory with Hokan is a good night! :D

lol @ my execution on my Adon FA into Ultra fail. D:

Your Bison looked like a bomb blew up in his face, Loony Toons style.

Coeliacus

What was the point of the Rose update? Oh we nerfed some stuff but hey guys look! Here are some good moves that she already has. She doesn't completely suck!

:(

Satyamdas

Banned
Really wish they'd make Hokan's running grab function like Cammy's cannonball. At least give me an option to drop/cancel out of it to play MINDGAMES! :D
This is one of the many buffs they gave to dat Hokan in Arcade Edition. He really needed it, IMO. Poor guy is just so half baked in Super.

Rocwell

RE: Oni

Am I crazy or is he doing a hurricane kick after the airdashspecialattackthingy? Or does he just have a funky start up on his air tatsu?

:Edit: Whoops forgot to refresh the thread when I got home from work.

Satyamdas

Banned
USD said:
-Because Rose floats on her muffler when using st.MK, she has no hurtbox at her feet, making low attacks whiff and stuffing them
USD said:
Rose floats on her muffler
USD said:
Rose floats
USD said:
on her muffler
DAT. MUFFLER.

This is by far the best and most useful thing to come out of these change lists. I will henceforth add "She floats on her muffler" to my list of euphemisms for a nice round backside. Like this one vvv

ibJRAs.jpg

Thank you based Capgods.

El Sloth

Banned
GG's Black Vegeta. Dat Rog

My Mak was ass tonight I just kept dropping shit and my execution was all over the place. I still cant land the follow up to her U2. I need to spend more time in training. Also sorry about my Blanka, but I just had to see if I could beat your Rog with him.

Edit: Dayum, Saty!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Some startling revelations in PSN chat. Didn't know Neo was local. Dat excellent Cody should school me one day.

It's been a while since I've played. Need to sit down and work on my dex with the controller again. Too much being a family man in BC2/GT5/LBP2.

El Sloth said:
GG's Black Vegeta. Dat Rog

My Mak was ass tonight I just kept dropping shit and my execution was all over the place. I still cant land the follow up to her U2. I need to spend more time in training. Also sorry about my Blanka, but I just had to see if I could beat your Rog with him.

Edit: Dayum, Saty!
All good.

GG's in all. Since it's a fellow Gaffer, I'll let the Blanka slide. :)

Rocwell

Satyamdas said:
DAT. MUFFLER.

This is by far the best and most useful thing to come out of these change lists. I will henceforth add "She floats on her muffler" to my list of euphemisms for a nice round backside. Like this one vvv

http://i.min.us/ibJRAs.jpg[IMG]
Thank you based Capgods.[/QUOTE]
Uhh... muffler is the Japanese way of saying "scarf". They weren't talking about her "tailpipe" lol

Zissou

God's Beard said:
ST challenge in 3s is so fun. No EX, no dashing, no parries. Ryu/Ken/Akuma/Chun/Remy only.

How does that work? Do you actually disable those moves from even being possible, or is it some kind of a gentlemen's agreement that you won't do these things intentionally? Also, wouldn't Akuma have an advantage just because part of his balancing meant he started out with no EX moves anyway(because he didn't need them)?

Rocwell

Zissou said:
How does that work? Do you actually disable those moves from even being possible, or is it some kind of a gentlemen's agreement that you won't do these things intentionally? Also, wouldn't Akuma have an advantage just because part of his balancing meant he started out with no EX moves anyway(because he didn't need them)?
They have system direction settings in the home version you can play around with to turn things on and off... there's a video out there with some switches turned on that will let you chain normals, specials and cancel supers into different supers... all kinds of crazy stuff

:Edit:

Found it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPQrtT5zuII&feature=watch_response_rev

USD said:
Fuck, all this AE talk on the Sp00ky stream makes me really want to play it. Too bad it will most likely be a while before it hits consoles.

Consoles, psh...what about PC?

I really want to get into this game (casually?) but

-dont want to play vanilla
-cant go back to paying for online

Hopefully a ultimate version or something will come out on both plats

Rocwell said:
They have system direction settings in the home version you can play around with to turn things on and off... there's a video out there with some switches turned on that will let you chain normals, specials and cancel supers into different supers... all kinds of crazy stuff

:Edit:

Found it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPQrtT5zuII&feature=watch_response_rev
Wow, that looks like Marvel, lol.
I hope System Direction returns in Online Edition, at least for local play.

TheSeks said:
WTF, you're still here? Some hater of Ono you are. :p

My idiot friend bought me this stupid game. So his punishment will be Hokan rape until my XBL subscription expires and delivers me from Ono Hell. :D

Satyamdas said:
This is one of the many buffs they gave to dat Hokan in Arcade Edition. He really needed it, IMO. Poor guy is just so half baked in Super.

wut?!

Is this the dash to cancel out of DDT I'm reading? I'm not sure what his running grab is called. lol!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
My idiot friend bought me this stupid game. So his punishment will be Hokan rape until my XBL subscription expires and delivers me from Ono Hell. :D

He's trying to get you that fight money as no one plays Blazblue, man. ;) ;)

TheSeks said:
He's trying to get you that fight money as no one plays Blazblue, man. ;) ;)

Not my fault you heathens refuse to accept Netcode Christ into your hearts. :D

Seriously, I'll play this game to the best of my ability; but the online play is jank. It's astounding that a company the size of Capcom can produce such middling quality product, while ASW - a company I would never have bet on in a million years set the damned Standard for online play.

Why Capcom hasn't hired Tony Cannon (or given him more work) by now boggles my mind. He took their games and cobbled together online play after the fact, and it's held up as one of the standards for online play in fighting games.

It's a shame that outside of it's glorious netcode BB:CS really isn't my cup of tea. Nearly two years and I can still only really stand playing Tager. Just because he's the least chichi awful animu design in the lot. :p

Regardless, he opened the box. Hokan came. I will oil combination hold your soul apart!

Here's to hoping SNK hires Tony Cannon for KoFXIII, right? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom