• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Armored Core V images

wwm0nkey

Looks pretty good.
(if someone could find the Famitsu article these came from that would be awesome)

Armored%20Core5_1.jpg

Armored%20Core5_2.jpg

Armored%20Core5_3.jpg

Armored%20Core5_4.jpg

Armored%20Core5_7.jpg

Armored%20Core5_5.jpg

Armored%20Core5_6.jpg

If you are wondering what that Mercenary stuff is about, basically if your squad is down a guy you can hire a Merc or become a Merc if your team if offline and get paid for it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
wwm0nkey said:
(if someone could find the Famitsu article these came from that would be awesome)
I can't find any details on AndriaSang so it must have been a very detail spare story.

Edit:

Actually, here we go.

Siliconera said:
Prepare yourself for a long battle before you start Armored Core V. This week’s issue of Famitsu notes story missions can take between 20 minutes to an hour to complete. In the middle of missions, players can capture Garage Points where you can reload and repair your mech. All missions in Armored Core V can be played online with cooperative play.

As mentioned earlier, Armored Core V has players fight over territory. While everyone is on a team, you can switch temporarily sides as a mercenary. If your team needs extra firepower mercenaries can be hired for a price. A screen that shows a player’s user ID, rank, and mech type (sniper, defensive, etc.) lets teams pick a mech to fill a void in their forces.

For players who want a quick mecha fix, From Software created order missions with simple tasks to complete. Armored Core V has over seventy of these to play

From Software plan to release Armored Core V on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 this year in Japan. Namco Bandai will release the title overseas early next year.
Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/06/missions-in-armored-core-v-can-take-up-to-an-hour/

Not trying to be a troll but damn this series is still alive WOW, i really want to know people opinions about this game because the last one i played was on the ps1 if i recall.

Raide

arnoldocastillo2003 said:
Not trying to be a troll but damn this series is still alive WOW, i really want to know people opinions about this game because the last one i played was on the ps1 if i recall.

I must admit, I prefer slower mech to Gundam style mechs, which AC is all about. Boosting around, crazy weapons and blowing stuff up. The options to alter and tweak your mech are growing with every new game and I am sure AC V will be no different. What they have done is add some of the modes that made Chrome Hounds so awesome, so it will already be better that the other AC games by miles. :D

wwm0nkey

Raide said:
I must admit, I prefer slower mech to Gundam style mechs, which AC is all about. Boosting around, crazy weapons and blowing stuff up. The options to alter and tweak your mech are growing with every new game and I am sure AC V will be no different. What they have done is add some of the modes that made Chrome Hounds so awesome, so it will already be better that the other AC games by miles. :D
They added the ChromeHounds online system but VASTLY improved on an nearly perfect online system.

Seriously all squads having their own plot of land and all out wars for power and the Mercenary mode....sooooo good.

Raide

wwm0nkey said:
They added the ChromeHounds online system but VASTLY improved on an nearly perfect online system.

Seriously all squads having their own plot of land and all out wars for power and the Mercenary mode....sooooo good.

Cannot wait. Really interested to see what Steel Battalion does as well. Should be a good year for mech games, especially is Hawken makes it too.

Raide said:

Thanks for the answer.

Xater

Man this game looks great. If the deliver a great SP together with the more Chromehounds like MP this game will be incredible.

Man

This is the actual Chrome Hounds 2 correct (now assimilated into a more popular series) ? Territorial MP etc.

Raide

IsayFever said:
I must have this game. Only question remains - PS3 or 360?

It seems the game will focus around MP battles, so which ever console has more of your friends playing on it.

Foffy

Banned
I've always heard about the series, but I've never gotten into it. How are the games? Do they have interesting campaigns?

IsayFever

Raide said:
It seems the game will focus around MP battles, so which ever console has more of your friends playing on it.

I have no friends that play mech games :( I've been playing For Answer since like the day it came out in NA and nobody on my 360 friends list plays it.

wwm0nkey

Foffy said:
I've always heard about the series, but I've never gotten into it. How are the games? Do they have interesting campaigns?
1-3 are good, shit got a bit too crazy at 4 but they are going back to the first 3 for reference and speed in this game.

Raide

IsayFever said:
I have no friends that play mech games :( I've been playing For Answer since like the day it came out in NA and nobody on my 360 friends list plays it.

See which GAF group is more popular and go from there.

IsayFever

wwm0nkey said:
I have a feeling the 360 will have a more popular online with this than PS3.

I always see 360 as the meat head console. Feels like the online modes of a lot of mech titles dont get played as a result of it being a nerdy sorta sub-genre. rip Chromehounds :(

Raide

IsayFever said:
I always see 360 as the meat head console. Feels like the online modes of a lot of mech titles dont get played as a result of it being a nerdy sorta sub-genre. rip Chromehounds :(

Well, you can guess which few will be playing ACV then. :D

IsayFever said:

Never had the chance to play Chromehounds (why are folks paying $50 a year for Live again lol), but the reason I didn't bother with Armored Core 4 online is because it really wasn't very good. Sparse match options. No option for rematch. No viable lobby system. It was quite a barebones affair.

Front Mission Evolved tried and didn't do all that well either, it was impossible to join games with friends and such.

So hopefully this turns out well as a solid game (haven't cared for AC since AC1-MoA) and the online is full featured and not as bare bones and half assed as the previous AC games.

Will this be a large heavy plodding mech style (what I liked about chromehounds) or a zippy flying around fast paced mech game like AC4? I'm guessing it's the latter. hope not though.

elrechazao said:
Will this be a large heavy plodding mech style (what I liked about chromehounds) or a zippy flying around fast paced mech game like AC4? I'm guessing it's the latter. hope not though.

They're supposed to be going back to the basics.

Which would mean (in AC1 terms) if it's a fast mech, it's also one that can't sustain many shots to the face. Conversely a slow mech isn't much fun to play unless you enjoy getting shot in the ass.

If it's like old school AC there will be something for everyone. Given you invest the effort to design an AC that suits your play style. Which, honestly, is where most reviewers and casual gamers got lost.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Quick question for the Armored Core vets, I'm looking to get back into this. The last one I played was Armored Core 2 on the PS2 I think. Nine Breaker or Nine Ball or something like that was the top bossman.

Anyway, do you guys recommend AC4 or AC: For Answer? Which one do you like better?

hteng

Banned
Mattdaddy said:
Quick question for the Armored Core vets, I'm looking to get back into this. The last one I played was Armored Core 2 on the PS2 I think. Nine Breaker or Nine Ball or something like that was the top bossman.

Anyway, do you guys recommend AC4 or AC: For Answer? Which one do you like better?

AC:FA is essentially an improvement to AC4, builds alot more ontop of the basic groundwork in AC4, lots more content, better missions, sorta balance, better replay values.

basically it's like how Silent Line is to AC3 or Another Age is to AC2 or Master of Arena to AC1.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
hteng said:
AC:FA is essentially an improvement to AC4, builds alot more ontop of the basic groundwork in AC4, lots more content, better missions, sorta balance, better replay values.

basically it's like how Silent Line is to AC3 or Another Age is to AC2 or Master of Arena to AC1.

Ahh gotcha. Ty.

Top Bottom