• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

TxSF won't be, cause those dudes are working on TTT2. SFxT is a 2012 game though.

Everything else you listed is what I expect in the lineup. The question is will the 5th spot be SC5, KOF13, BBCS2, or MK? Or something else...(Jackie Chan, please please please)

EDIT: Are you the same FallingEdge from SRK? If so I've seen you posting in the New Mexico, ABQ thread sometimes! :D

Khezu

I'm really bummed out human cyrax can't do the command grab bomb setup, it seems too good to pass up.
The faster teleport is nice, but not that nice.

Bleh.

notworksafe

Awesome!

That $1000+ MVC prize is bringing everyone out to NM! :p

Just need to work on the MK scene here now. Going to have a bigger MK tourney here on the 14th. 1v1s and 2v2 Cross Fever play! :D

Ok, challenge 251 or so is fucking whack.

Any tips? (Shang Tsung vs. Baraka/Sindel/Shao Kahn)

ST vs SK is a weak ass matchup for me because he lacks teleports or stun moves and all of his projectiles leave him vulnerable... please teach me. :)

corrosivefrost said:

ST vs SK is a weak ass matchup for me because he lacks teleports or stun moves and all of his projectiles leave him vulnerable... please teach me. :)
Jump 2 into uppercut all day.

giancarlo123x said:
Jump 2 into uppercut all day.

That's what I've done for most of my stuff.
Doesn't work on Shao Kahn. He eats the Jump 2 with his armor and beats the fuck out of me.
Even better is this: at full screen, Shang Tsung cannot duck Shao Khan's spear. With no teleport, low fireball, or stun move, I'm dying really fast. If only you could morph into Shao Kahn. :(

Meohsix

The last two test your might's in the challenge tower were real bitches. i thought i was going to break the controller =(
(not to mention my fingers)

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Neuromancer said:
I need to recognize right now I will never beat the Challenge Tower. I just don't think I have it in me. I'm not even to 100 yet.

I just passed 200 last night, I may be around 210 or so. Sadly I hear now it gets "really" hard.

FallingEdge said:
That be me sir. If things work out, a grip of us from Colorado are trying to make it to the NM tourney in June. Should be fun.
I knew your name seemed familiar. You posted in the Wrestling thread at SRK too, didn't you?

George said:
The last two test your might's in the challenge tower were real bitches. i thought i was going to break the controller =(

Oddly enough, the second to last one (sapphire was it?) I had more issues doing than Diamond. Once I figured out an easy way to build power to break sapphire, diamond was a cinch.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
George said:

do you use an arcade stick? Its really easy for me to do the test your mights but i havent got to the top tier ones yet.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
corrosivefrost said:

One of the few I had to skip and haven't gone back to yet. Honestly, a good tip in general is to just keep replaying and replaying, they get easier and then jump kicks into uppercuts work a lot better. This is especially true on challenge 300.

fernoca

The Lamonster said:
How do you guys do the Test Your Mights? Is it just the 4 face buttons that you have to mash?
Technically, you can do it with just 1 of the face buttons. Pressing more buttons makes the bar fill faster, so the harder the test, the more buttons you might use. I'm on #10 (or something like that) right now and only started using 2 buttons (X and Circle on PS3) around 2 tests ago.

In any case, I'm taking my sweet time with the "extras". Still need to trigger one of the "secret fights" which ironically the one time I managed to get a double flawless, I just missed a few fatalities; since then no luck again. Currently on challenge #215.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
fernoca said:
In any case, I'm taking my sweet time with the "extras". Still need to trigger one of the "secret fights" which ironically the one time I managed to get a double flawless, I just missed a few fatalities; since then no luck again. Currently on challenge #215.

I think I mentioned this before, fernoca, but I don't think you actually need fatalities against every opponent to fight Jade. You just need to make sure not to lose a single round. Then get a double flawless. Then perform a fatality on Shang Tsung.

The Lamonster said:
How do you guys do the Test Your Mights? Is it just the 4 face buttons that you have to mash?
The Test your Might's and Strikes are a complete joke even at the highest level using my awesome technique developed while playing Mario Party 'mash button A' minigames :) First time I ever did it with an xbox controller but worked great.

What you do is tightly press the tips of your index finger nail and thumb nail together (similar to when you make the "OK" gesture with your hand except the nails need to touch) and while in this stance, you rapidly slide that tight nail pinch back and forth across the A button. It's all in the wrist, baby! I like to tilt the xbox controller up so I can use my left hand to press the right trigger when you boost high enough. You can literally boost all the way to the top somewhere between 1-2 seconds with this technique.

fernoca

GuardianE said:
I think I mentioned this before, fernoca, but I don't think you actually need fatalities against every opponent to fight Jade. You just need to make sure not to lose a single round. Then get a double flawless. Then perform a fatality on Shang Tsung.
That was my problem. :p
The first time I was like "Well, let's do this"..I performed a fatality on everyone but 1 (or 2?) fighters. Got a few flawless too. Then DF on Shang Tsung and Fatality (that was easy?! :O!)...and nothing.

Since then I've been doing fatalities on every fight, a few flawless too..but Shang Tsung always manages to do some crappy punch or kick that reduces like 1% of the bar... I'll try again later. :(

GrayFoxPL said:
Are the babality list trmk guide correct?

I tried with Quan chi and Retile and no luck.

Yeah no block both rounds.

A bunch of them were wrong. I was cross checking with another guide when I unlocked them all.

Squall ASF said:
The Test your Might's and Strikes are a complete joke even at the highest level using my awesome technique developed while playing Mario Party 'mash button A' minigames :) First time I ever did it with an xbox controller but worked great.

What you do is tightly press the tips of your index finger nail and thumb nail together (similar to when you make the "OK" gesture with your hand except the nails need to touch) and while in this stance, you rapidly slide that tight nail pinch back and forth across the A button. It's all in the wrist, baby! I like to tilt the xbox controller up so I can use my left hand to press the right trigger when you boost high enough. You can literally boost all the way to the top somewhere between 1-2 seconds with this technique.
haha thanks, I will try that.

Squall ASF said:
What you do is tightly press the tips of your index finger nail and thumb nail together (similar to when you make the "OK" gesture with your hand except the nails need to touch) and while in this stance, you rapidly slide that tight
nail pinch
back and forth across the
A button
. It's all in the wrist, baby! I like to tilt the
xbox controller
up so I can use my left hand to
press the right trigger when you boost high enough
. You can literally
boost all the way to the top
somewhere between 1-2 seconds with this technique.
Oh yeah baby, keep talking

TheBez

How relevant is knowing the story to MK 1-3 to follow along in this story? This is my first MK game so I don;t want to be too lost.

TheBez said:
How relevant is knowing the story to MK 1-3 to follow along in this story? This is my first MK game so I don;t want to be too lost.
It's a reboot so not at all... they retell the story from the beginning.

Also, there wasn't really much of a story in those games. Characters had back-story and there was some text when you beat the game with the different characters but they were just regular arcade ladders.

fernoca

TheBez said:
Not relevant. It's a complete retelling, so you'll be fine. :)

That "leaked DLC" looks nice..I wouldn't mind paying for the "nearly naked guy" (as in a real costume).. :p

FallingEdge said:
EVO 2K12?

SF4 (AE)
MvC3
TTT2
TxSF
SFxT

Capcom/Namco all day ;_;

In all seriousness, is SFxT or TxSF even going to be out by then?
SFxTK would probably make it but TK x SF is probably still a long ways off. TTT2 won't come to arcades until November 2011 so I have doubts the console port will make it by Evo 2012 too if Tekken 6 BR is anything to go by.

Rattles

Why are you guys even having a slight problem with the test your might's? There's nothing to it just slide your whole finger over all the face buttons and you'll be done in 3sec....

Mdk7

I'm having a blast with this game, really.
If i have some spare time (and fuck, even if i don't!) i just turn my PS3 and start playing like crazy.
It's kinda funny 'cause i've never been a huge fan of the series, yet this game is too awesome to resist.

I have 2 minor complaints:
1) Shao Kahn just sucks, he's too damn fucking hard to beat. Spamming projectiles seems to be the only possible way to win against him, and that's cheap.
2) i desperately miss the possibility to play quick matches against the CPU.
I mean i do like the ladder (save for those painful matches against Shao Kahn, LOL), but i wish i could play some random quick fights like i do with SSFIV3D.

All the rest is pretty superb IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom