• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE: Revelations - E3 Trailer and Gameplay Footage - New Areas! [Screenshots]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5QTLtLr844

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA0MxjIW0ig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99F3PxaJT8Y

:0

GJS said:
JIeRl.jpg
5QXwy.jpg

atj7E.jpg
OP1Xu.jpg

x382J.jpg
OVVYR.jpg

XRXAp.jpg
xeDG8.jpg

jaZc9.jpg

Max

I am not Max
What are they doing about the enemies?

Every video I've seen has had the same single boring looking enemy

There's a 3D gameplay clip up in the eShop, btw. Character models and lighting look great, environments not quite so much, but oh well.

kinggroin

Banned
Wow. That trailer looked better than even the vita uncharted demo. I'm extraordinarily impressed by this. Bravo capcom.

So wtf are these other developers excuse? That trailer looked damn near some 360/ps3 games. Yet Mario Kart barely looked above DS levels.

Magnus

kinggroin said:
That trailer looked damn near some 360/ps3 games. Yet Mario Kart barely looked above DS levels.

....no. At least, not according to how the e-shop's 3D trailer looks on my 3DS screen. Looks great, but not close to current gen consoles.

starok

Banned
kinggroin said:
So wtf are these other developers excuse? That trailer looked damn near some 360/ps3 games. Yet Mario Kart barely looked above DS levels.

That's because most of the trailer is prerendered stuff.

PooBone

Can't get to youtube right now but can anyone elaborate on what the game looks like? Is it scarier ala Resident Evil 1 and 2 or more actiony ala Resident Evil 5?

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
kinggroin said:
Wow. That trailer looked better than even the vita uncharted demo. I'm extraordinarily impressed by this. Bravo capcom.

Lets not get carried here...

To Anyone intending to replay this post, we all know that Vita is considerably more powerful. Plz don't derail this thread :) .

Arklite

I like it, but that search screen feature seems superfluous. At least in the context shown.

edit: oh yeah, is Mikami involved?

I'm always late but here's the eShop description:

"New storyline featuring series favorites Jill, Chris and introducing BSAA member Parker Luciani."

"Explore the dark, sinister areas of the cruise ship."

"Use the Genesis scanning equipment to analyze enemy weaknesses and hidden items."

"Players can choose the shooting style that suits them with the ability to alternate between first and third person views to best pin point enemies."

Looks motherfucking amazing.

BlueCrest

Graphically, this game is a mixed bag, enviroments are of lower quality than those, of resident evil 4, but the models thanks to the shaders, are step between the Resident Evil 4 models, and the RE5 ones.

CO_Andy

BlueCrest said:
Graphically, this game is a mixed bag, enviroments are of lower quality than those, of resident evil 4...
RE4 was a dithered mess, but otherwise outstanding when filtered thru dolphin

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Sweet stuff. Lighting and certain other effects like the foggy room are definitely better than RE4. Of course it also had a frame rate hit in places but I'm sure that will be ironed out, the game's very early and progressing extremely fast it seems.

Dacon

Banned
Game still looks pretty actiony.

Haven't seen much horror beyond the little we got from the original reveal.

USD

I'd buy every Capcom game ever if they brought back the Capcom sound effect. So good. Had to rewind the beginning of the video a few times.

Chunky guy sorta looks like Alan Wake

And does he have a goddang AXE?!

Jessica is hot

"Northern European Mountain Range"

Still not willing to settle on specific countries, lol

Zomba13

Magnus said:
....no. At least, not according to how the e-shop's 3D trailer looks on my 3DS screen. Looks great, but not close to current gen consoles.
The trailers on there are lower quality and look fuzzy/grainy. At least on the EU shop and the DoA advert. They look like pictures taken with the 3DS camera. Not good.

xxracerxx said:
That dude's body looks like Chris' with just a different head on his shoulders.
He looks like a fat hispanic Chris and Jessica looks like a long haired hispanic Sheva. Was that Hunk who gassed them and said it's time Jill learned the truth? I'm guessing something bad is going to happen or be revealled about Jessica at the end.

GJS

Zomba13 said:
The trailers on there are lower quality and look fuzzy/grainy. At least on the EU shop and the DoA advert. They look like pictures taken with the 3DS camera. Not good.
The actual trailers on the US eshop are different to the ones we have access to on the EU shop currently, they get downloaded to the system and take up blocks on the SD card and on the front screen.

PooBone

PooBone said:
Can't get to youtube right now but can anyone elaborate on what the game looks like? Is it scarier ala Resident Evil 1 and 2 or more actiony ala Resident Evil 5?

???

Looks incredible - so far ahead of what else is being shown. Glad to see variety of environments, now we just need to see more kinds of enemies.

Magnus

Zomba13 said:

Oh, I just assumed they'd look exactly the way the games themselves would look on the screen. Wtf?

Top Bottom