• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
FyreWulff said:
Yeah, well, I guess it doesn't ultimately matter because I'll actually stop playing playlists I don't like instead of certain people that complain about a list and then keep going into it.

I said I'd give Social Throwback a chance in H3 and stopped playing it. You won't find a single game from Social Objective in Halo 3 from me after that post. I don't feel I need to give it a chance again, because BR Start Objective is already available in BTB and MLG. I already know how it plays.
Well you can complain about any playlist, that doesn't mean you have to stop playing it. I bitch about the MLG playlist and how there are testing maps inside but I still play it.

And that second part is just ridiculous. The MLG playlist has always been completely different from other 4v4 playlists. The base player traits, gametypes and settings, maps, map selection and of course no radar. The population is totally different too. The best players on Reach are in the MLG playlist. It's a different experience. To say that just because the starting weapons are the same and they both contain objective gametypes that you get the same experience is just crazy. Don't you think?

Striker

Steelyuhas said:
Yeah what ever happened to Halo 2, where all the objective gametypes were set up well straight out of the box?

rocket race is fucking awesome though!
Not all the combinations we had (some obvious DLC missing), but a good list to actually compare to what we have currently or did in 3. Really makes me :(

2qwd4l0.jpg

Kuroyume said:
Instant Arm

Halo 3 ruins Reach yet again

First Rocket Race and now this

Is nothing sacred? Will Halo 3's influence be felt in Halo forever?
Iteration ceases to be effective when you keep iterating from the same game... You evolve the latest version, not the first.

Ramirez

FyreWulff said:
The addition of global DMR starts to Team Objective is disappointing and will lead to even less population than the playlist already had. TO got shat up by essentially becoming Throwback in the last Halo 3 playlist update of note, and just like then I'm not going to play in TO post-update.

It would have been fine if there were just optional DMR variants, but the people that want 100% DMR start Objective are already playing MLG.

Why do you hate fun?

CortanaV

Neo Member
A27 Tawpgun said:
<3 Bungie

<3 343

<3 Halo Community

I love times like these when the community is so united.
It is nice to see the community riled up like this. B.net has been pretty bland lately, and it's heartwarming to see people excited again.

Ramirez

•Bag O' Swag

•Limited edition run of 500

•Hemmed top with drawcord closure and metal grommet

•100% Cotton Twill; 14" x 19" bag

•Available for two weeks only!

lol, did they really think these would last outside of an hour or so?

J-Roderton

Not sure why this just came to mind but has Bungie ever included the target locator in anything except FF? I was just thinking how it would have been cool to have used it in BTB or something like that.

Jroderton said:
Not sure why this just came to mind but has Bungie ever included the target locator in anything except FF? I was just thinking how it would have been cool to have used it in BTB or something like that.
That...sounds like a bad idea to me.

vhfive

Jroderton said:
no terrible idea

Kuroyume

Banned
That's an insane idea. I can already see a swarm of people betraying each other for it and then camping on the spawn until it returns. LOL

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Jroderton said:
It's a bit overpowered, don't you think? It'd be funny for the person using it... But other than that, yeah, it'd be terrible.

Jroderton said:

Despite the face that it's an awful idea, I don't think it's possible. Don't think the target locator is in Multiplayer code/.map files.

I dunno it sounds pretty sweet in BTB.

omg.kittens said:
It's a bit overpowered, don't you think? It'd be funny for the person using it... But other than that, yeah, it'd be terrible.

Umm not really it gets two shots and you'd only really be able to hit unexpecting players since its so slow to fire up.

They do it in GoW MP with the Hammer of Dawn, don't they? Maybe not I rarely play that game.

xxjuicesxx said:
I dunno it sounds pretty sweet in BTB.

Umm not really it gets two shots and you'd only really be able to hit unexpecting players since its so slow to fire up.

They do it in GoW MP with the Hammer of Dawn, don't they? Maybe not I rarely play that game.
Just thought I'd ask you, but what makes the Target Locator significantly less of a problem in BTB?

Striker

Jroderton said:
Would this improve flag captures and assault plants?

If so, sign it up!

Kuroyume said:
That's an insane idea. I can already see a swarm of people betraying each other for it and then camping on the spawn until it returns. LOL
that's not really the problem with it, it's when you're getting shot and you want to drop the ball and shoot back, but then automatically pick it up again and die that's retarded.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
There's ongoing updates on Bags-O-Swag in this thread. There's a fair amount of misinformation, too, so watch out.

Looks like the next wave of bags are TBD at this point.

FyreWulff said:
The addition of global DMR starts to Team Objective is disappointing and will lead to even less population than the playlist already had. TO got shat up by essentially becoming Throwback in the last Halo 3 playlist update of note, and just like then I'm not going to play in TO post-update.

It would have been fine if there were just optional DMR variants, but the people that want 100% DMR start Objective are already playing MLG.

Fucking Yes!!!!! I'll definitely play TO a lot more now. It's a gift to those of us who like to play dmr objective starts with a radar and default settings; it's a shame you don't feel the same way but I can empathise with your standpoint because it's usually the other way around - AR start playlist are a big deterrent for me.

Tunavi

Banned
Domino Theory said:
Holy crap, I'm doing that on Reflection from now on when I spawn at Sword.
Everytime I spawn down there, I try to jump up with sword and lunge at the guy going to rockets. Its possible, I pulled it off while testing in customs. I've also rocketed the guy going to sword lol.

Striker

thee henery said:
Fucking Yes!!!!! I'll definitely play TO a lot more now. It's a gift to those of us who like to play dmr objective starts with a radar and default settings; it's a shame you don't feel the same way but I can empathise with your standpoint because it's usually the other way around - AR start playlist are a big deterrent for me.
Use Pistol. AR users from mid range get wasted. I didn't find the starting weapons an issue on the maps outside Boardwalk, Tempest, or Hemorrhage. But we'll get to use the DMR on glorious gametypes of Speedflag or 3 Flag.

Striker said:
Use Pistol. AR users from mid range get wasted. I didn't find the starting weapons an issue on the maps outside Boardwalk, Tempest, or Hemorrhage. But we'll get to use the DMR on glorious gametypes of Speedflag or 3 Flag.
Pistol is a start, but the bloom is insane at any speed of firing

Striker said:

I do but the 8 bullet clip really delimits its effectiveness, plus on bad hosts it gets shredded by the AR. That's the thing with those two weapons, the clips are only sufficient for one kill from full shields - the DMR is capable of three kills in one clip. It's that old adage of wanting to feel like a badass in Halo, the way you're supposed to.

Top Bottom