• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Dani said:
Any HaloGAFers want Dirt 3 on Steam?

It requires a beefy gaming PC to run mind, and you've no chance on netbooks and the like.
If no one else wants it, I'd be interested. My machine ran the demo at high settings just fine.

But put me at the bottom of the list, I already have plenty of games to play. My Steam library is full of indie games I bought but never played enough. I don't think I'll ever get A+ on all of Super Meat Boy.

Karl2177

squidhands said:
How about a representation of the Golden Tripod in the form of a triangle, with the GAF logo in the middle? Work has severely limited what I can do on the internet, but the basic idea I had was to have a line drawing (not filled in) of an equilateral triangle with the BR/DMR at the top point, the Spartan arm for melee on the bottom left point, grenade (don't care which) at the bottom right point, with the GAF logo in the middle (or even fill the triangle with the GAF colors, similar to the perfection logo). Does that make sense or even sound like a good idea? Would it be too much of a pain to make something that isn't a copyright infringement?
Sage would be mad. It's the golden box now.

Thanks for the code, Ruze! I decided to open up Illustrator and work on your idea. THe plasma grenade looks kinda weird when blown up though.

Karl2177 said:
Sage would be mad. It's the golden box now.

Thanks for the code, Ruze! I decided to open up Illustrator and work on your idea. THe plasma grenade looks kinda weird when blown up though.
"Don't tell Sage, he'll turn it into a box!"

Ruze789

Karl here's the enlarged design, Flickr doesn't seem to be letting me upload the transparent .png so here's a .jpg with black bg:

GAF Nades

vvv I ordered my shirt the day after Bungie Day and got it in last Friday, I was getting anxious about the delayed ship date too. Weird you have no update though, mine had shipped last Monday or Tuesday.

So I purchased a Burn Bright Burn Blue shirt from the bungie store on bungie day, but it has yet to ship. Anybody else have this issue? I didn't hear about the shirts being oversold.

Unrelated, but is the Halo Essential visual guide worth it? I prefer concept art and making of's, but this looks pretty cool. That said, I have the Halo encyclopedia and am not sure what exactly this is.

Fathead

I know I'm just a worthless junior but my gamertag is Fathead826 and I will be happy to play with anyone, just as long as you don't mind someone who is clearly one of the vast number of mediocre players.

feel

ncsuDuncan said:
Fair enough, I can respect that.

All of the designs submitted so far have been fantastic, but that was the only shirt that really screamed "HaloGAF" to me. That said, I'm not going to pay $20 + shipping for something with that weird flipped 4 on the back (or is it supposed to be sideways? ah, forget it). It's still a good design, I'm just OCD about how I think the back could be improved.
Thanks, and just so you know, I didn't just make that for the shirt, maybe you never noticed but I've been spamming it for a while
2mzy3k2.jpg

in gaf posts where I express my hopes of Halo staying great moving forward as it ever was in Bungie's hands and I've grown very attached to the way it looks, so that's why I can't just change it to please the people who are new to it and have it look completely weird and wrong to me. The 4 is flipped to resemble a V and the 3's stayed the same because I wanted it to feel enclosed/guarded/protected and with slightly symmetric look in general with the BE facing the 33 (slight symmetry and sheltered ends were in my mind as I created the evolution logo too), and 3 to E is a popular connection in people's minds as it is anyways. I'm not trying to shove my shirt down your throat, I'm just trying to shed some light on why I won't change the back of the shirt and you don't think I'm just being a stubborn asshole about it.

The version on the shirt uses a slightly different font for the BELI, which is a non-bold version of the one used on HALOGAF in the front
2rwvxc6.jpg

And I find it surprising I'm not having to explain the reasoning for the "incorrect" orange and grey tones I went with.. maybe people actually liked that :lol

Falt said:
I really, really like the beli343 on the back of letters' shirt, not too keen on the front though. Nothing wrong with it, it's an awesome design. I just prefer a minimalistic look.

BELI343 is so fucking good I wouldn't be surprised if 343i shamefully stole it from you, letters. Seriously, awesome work.
Thanks, and as much as they probably appreciate the spamming of the logo, it would look bad if they used it and supported it themselves. They want to deliver great work, have it speak for itself, not just promises of it beforehand.

Just two quick ideas I had. Not sure if they're usable shapes even. I only have MS Paint here at work, so I'll take another stab at this when I get home (providing there's interest):

Idea #1:

1y7t4k.jpg

Idea #2:

r7vq8k.jpg

Unless someone with actual artistic talent wants to take it from there. I probably should have put them on shirt templates too, but this was just a rush job during my lunch break.

Letters said:
Oh, I've noticed you posting it before, I just didn't notice the weird 4 until I was considering the shirt design. And I don't think you're being stubborn, I just think that it looks better like this in my opinion:

rjfnrr.jpg

I think it's more readable as BELIEVE. Also I feel the 343 is a little less jarring and also intact - there isn't any angle I can look at yours where the 343 will look like an actual "343" unless I have a mirror handy. But you're right, it's your design and I don't have to buy it. If anything, I'M being the stubborn one.

ncsuDuncan said:
Oh, I've noticed you posting it before, I just didn't notice the weird 4 until I was considering the shirt design. And I don't think you're being stubborn, I just think that it looks better like this in my opinion:

rjfnrr.jpg

I think it's more readable as BELIEVE. Also I feel the 343 is a little less jarring and also intact - there isn't any angle I can look at yours where the 343 will look like an actual "343" unless I have a mirror handy. But you're right, it's your design and I don't have to buy it. If anything, I'M being the stubborn one.
Seconded.

ncsuDuncan said:
Oooh, I like this one. Devo and Ruze have some cool designs in the pipe too.

ncsuDuncan said:

rjfnrr.jpg

I concur, posted a less GAF-colored version a few pages back.

stephen08

i nerini del buio said:
it would be even better if every gamertag/gaffer had their timezone in the third column
btw thank you devo for putting me in there after just a few posts <3

Someone should make a tag and send friend requests to the people listed. I like the timezone thing, anyone can edit google docs right? So people could just add their timezones themselves?

When I read the version that's on Letters' shirt, I read it as, "Beli-43." I read Duncan's version as, "Believe."

But the shirt is still premium.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
This thread got Fruit of the Loomed. If there was some way to upload photos from my iPad I would share my awesome Black Dynamite t-shirt idea.

OuterWorldVoice said:
If there was some way to upload photos from my iPad I would share my awesome Black Dynamite t-shirt idea.
Does it involve Anaconda Malt Liquor?

i nerini del buio said:
it would be even better if every gamertag/gaffer had their timezone in the third column
Genius idea. It gives the spreadsheet something a shared GAF gamertag can't replicate.

It would be pretty handy to have a quick HaloGAF timezone reference for things like customs planning.

ncsuDuncan said:
Genius idea. It gives the spreadsheet something a shared GAF gamertag can't replicate.

It would be pretty handy to have a quick HaloGAF timezone reference for things like customs planning.

U.S. Time Zones: A Handy Guide for EuroGAF and Beyond

Beast Coast (UTC -4)
Central (UTC -5)
Mountain/Hillbilly (UTC -6)
Worst Coast (UTC -7)

Tunavi

Banned
Hitmonchan107 said:

Beast Coast (UTC -4)
Central (UTC -5)
Worst Coast (UTC -7)
Coming from the guy who lives in Florida...lol

feel

ncsuDuncan said:
Just two quick ideas I had. Not sure if they're usable shapes even. I only have MS Paint here at work, so I'll take another stab at this when I get home (providing there's interest):

Idea #1:

1y7t4k.jpg

Idea #2:

r7vq8k.jpg

Unless someone with actual artistic talent wants to take it from there. I probably should have put them on shirt templates too, but this was just a rush job during my lunch break.

rjfnrr.jpg

That looks great and more readable, but simply the whole logo upside down is not what I wanted to go for, for multiple reasons, among which the fact that I like the impact of the word becoming unreadable abruptly midway on the first look, just not being easy to read and overall making people having to stop and take notice trying to figure it out. Thanks for the kind feedback.

Hitmonchan107 said:

Beast Coast (UTC -4)
Central (UTC -5)
Worst Coast (UTC -7)
I like it, but I feel we aren't being fair to Central. Maybe:

Beast Coast (UTC -4)
Center of Nowhere (UTC -5)
Worst Coast (UTC -7)

All other areas will be assumed to be on Zulu time (UTC 0).

Karl2177

Hitmonchan107 said:

Beast Coast (UTC -4)
Central (UTC -5)
Worst Coast (UTC -7)
I'm not sure to be happy or sad that there is no love or hate for Central.

Where can I upload pngs without any size shrinkage? I made it super high res, but photobucket has a max width/height.

halogaf1-1.png

FyreWulff

I already tweetered Frankie about this, but I hope you can still melee at the same time you switch weapons in Anniversary. After you meleeswitch to the Pistol the first time, you can never normally switch to it ever again.

vhfive

Letters said:
That looks great and more readable, but simply the whole logo upside down is not what I wanted to go for, for multiple reasons, among which the fact that I like the impact of the word becoming unreadable abruptly midway on the first look, just not being easy to read and overall making people having to stop and take notice trying to figure it out. Thanks for the kind feedback.
for the record I like the original the best

Kibbles

franklez Frank O'connor
New build of anniversary has fixed AR font and switches to classic mode and back almost instantly. Nice fade effect now too.
They need to show off the sexiness, I can't wait until Halofest youtube videos.

Top Bottom