• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 - Gamescom 2011 screens

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Underwhelmed by the enemy design.

spons

Gold Member
No way the game looks like this. If they release bullshots it's probably for a good reason.

I miss the time when there wasn't much difference between bullshots and the actual games from Insomniac thanks to their great IQ. R3 would look so good with great IQ :(

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Always-honest said:
There are new enemy designs. But the Chimera do look a lot like... Chimera.
Never really liked the Chimera to begin with. Idk how my previous posts implied anything else.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Always-honest said:
That's different. You don't like the chimera. fine.
I don't like the chimera's enemy design? How is that different?

ToyBroker said:
Halo avatar.
Covenant >
Idk where you're going with this.

delta25

Banned
Always-honest said:
you mean the beta?. But that's online. The single player will look slightly similar to the screens, i guess.... ruined by jaggies.

This.

Judging by most of the previews on the single player in terms of the visuals, there seems to be a substantial boost in overall IQ.

patsu

The Chimeras may look plain but if they keep to RFOM and R2 co-op tradition, then AI should be solid. While they may look similar, some have different behaviors (berserk, jumping/sticking from wall to wall, reach out with long limbs, etc.). Those are more interesting than looks, although I do think the plain look mute the impact quite a bit.

Also creativity for Resistance series is inside the weapon wheel. Look inside my back pocket.

Truespeed

Always-honest said:
you mean the beta?. But that's online. The single player will look slightly similar to the screens, i guess.... ruined by jaggies.

So you're saying the SP is native 720p?

Corto

The textures in the clothes in the second screenshot are just... wow! A definite great bump on overall IQ from the SP demo we played before.

jediyoshi

Dr Eggman said:
Creativity.

k9HL6.jpg

AAK

I really wish they went with Live action cutscenes like in the reveal trailer, I thought they had the style & atmosphere down perfectly. But I suppose it would have been difficult to film the other epic set pieces they have planned.

patsu

Masked helmet dudes and heroes dated back to 1930s, may be even earlier.

Hey they are in Resistance too.
What do you call those Resistance special forces in masked helmet again ? SRPA ? Or the Russians ? 8^P

Speaking of enemy designs. Insomniac owes us for Resistance 2's most expensive lava ever, the furies. I demand a moment where we can blast one into a million pieces.

Top Bottom