• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

GunbladeV

Banned
Played some PC AE, the competition sure is weaker. Had some 10k+ BP players that werent very good at all. Plus at unpeak hours there seems to be like 10 people playing

DryEyeRelief said:
BPfjD.jpg

USD

I don't remember this mentioned in the blog, but both Yun and Yang are down to 950 stun (from 1000) in the Ver.2012 location test.

EDIT: Also messed up on the notes Yang's EX Zenpou Tenshin, it's the same as Yun's in Ver.2012, 8F start-up, no throw invincibility. It's worded the same in the below document and the blog, I'm just herp derp.

I'm getting this info from this:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/images/locationtest01.pdf

Edgeward

Rocwell said:
I was practicing this earlier. You buffer a qcf in each lk like so:

down + lk, df, f, d+lk df, f + k

It's kinda tricky because you have to do the lights pretty quickly as it's pretty easy to drop the combo between lights. Once you get it down you can work on confirming the hits on a training dummy.

I'm pretty sure you can't link ken's cr. mk into super, it has to be cancelled. That's why it's so difficult to hit confirm, you don't have a large window to react to whether your cr. mk hit or not.
Yea i just read that earlier. Gonna have practice cr mp and cr lk cr lk to get the hit confirms down. Dont even feel like going online till i get that stuff down and also kara uppercutting. Which seems even more fast and strict to pull off.

Masaki_

GunbladeV said:
Played some PC AE, the competition sure is weaker. Had some 10k+ BP players that werent very good at all. Plus at unpeak hours there seems to be like 10 people playing

I'm gonna go ahead and actually blame this on Capcom. The PC is still an afterthought for them. We didn't get Super at all and we got AE later. Mostly everyone who plays SF seriously also have a console, so little incentive to get the PC version, even though it's a great port and arguably better than the console versions (accepts 360 and PS3 sticks and pads, same netcode as the 360 version, no input lag like the PS3 version, can be run at higher resolutions with graphical improvements if your PC can afford it).

And with SFxT coming, I don't see things changing. In a perfect world, future Capcom fighters would be released for all platforms at the same time and both PS3 and PC version would use Steam to allow cross-platform play (or at the very least give the PC version better netcode or GGPO). Of course, none of that will happen, reason why Capcom really isn't one of my favorite developers.

alstein

Went online this morning (I couldn't find anyone to play Arcana) : people aren't even playing Ryu anymore. It's all Yun/Fei.

I never thought I'd actually want to see Ryu.

alstein said:
Went online this morning (I couldn't find anyone to play Arcana) : people aren't even playing Ryu anymore. It's all Yun/Fei.

I never thought I'd actually want to see Ryu.
Come winter I assume that will change.

alstein

_dementia said:
Come winter I assume that will change.

If it doesn't, there's enough other good fighters out there that I won't need Capcom.

I can play KOF,SC, and VF for years if the community is there for them.

Owensboro

Hello again Street Fighter GAF. I'm back to trying to pick this game up (again). After playing two or so nights online and having an absolutely awful time in ranked matched (I don't think I won a round), I hopped into a MIC's only channel on PSN and had a freaking BLAST playing with people who kept giving me advice. I never really expected to find randoms that would be fun people!

In light of this, I want to try and play with some of y'all, have MICs on, and learn a little. Keep in mind, I'm not 100% terrible but I always get overwhelmed and usually lose. I still have a blast playing (because Dudley is awesome), I just lose a lot.

Is the list in the beginning of the thread up to date? Are there any other "scrubs" that want to play against me, laugh, and have a good time with MICs? Or am I screwed until the update comes out and because SF3:3S:OE just came out?

PSN Name is: Owens-boro

rivals

What's your PSN name? The best way to get in matches with PSN Gaf is to get invited to the PSN chat room. I'm at work so I can't do it for a while but if you post your name I'm sure someone will hook you up with that. Not sure about who uses mics, I tried with kevo_huevo the other day but his wasn't really working so I didn't bother trying mine at all.

Thanks gaf for teaching me to revel in the salt.

Some dooche called me a lame turtler and the worst guy player he ever played.

He kept giving me these long replies about how much a suck. I just replied with immature nonsense, and he was getting pissed, LOL.

And he was using deejay...yeah, I am sorry dood that I don't jump in so I can eat flash kicks, riiiiiiight. His patterns were so predicatable...typical deejay trash....sonic boom, poorly spaced slides, knee, jab, crossup....*yawn* All you need is to poke.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
biosnake20 said:
CrossCounter Asia AE2012 analysis video. Over an hour long.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQQmicWAamg&feature=youtube_gdata

They kinda got Adon wrong, you can focus his uppercut if spaced correctly, and you can focus his air jaguar kicks (except for EX obviously) which makes them incredibly punishable. They said in the comments he will be top 4 in 2012, I don't agree with that at all, top 10 maybe.

Also, for (or by?) USD;

toporbottomejxa.gif

turningknobsujnr.gif

Conceited said:
They kinda got Adon wrong, you can focus his uppercut if spaced correctly, and you can focus his air jaguar kicks (except for EX obviously) which makes them incredibly punishable. They said in the comments he will be top 4 in 2012, I don't agree with that at all, top 10 maybe.

Also, for (or by?) USD;

toporbottomejxa.gif

turningknobsujnr.gif
Wheres that from?

Dahbomb

What's the general word on the changelog for 2012?

I glossed over the 2012 changelog here:

http://shoryuken.com/2011/08/25/sup...tion-version-2012-change-list-all-characters/

Seems pretty decent thus far. Yun nerfs are all over the place. It doesn't seem Fei got hit that hard in comparison. I don't play many of the characters but I am overall fine with the changes to my characters (Rose, Balrog, Yun, Makoto). Now I shouldn't get raged on for using Yun despite me actually like his "get in" play style.

So what's the general consensus here on it?

Imm0rt4l

Other changes that weren't listed in the dev blog

Cody
-- Neutral/Forward jump LP active for 10F

Guy
-- Increased movement distance on Bushin Goraisenpujin
-- Increased throw range on Bushin Muso Renge

Yang
-- Stun changed to 950

Dahbomb said:
What's the general word on the changelog for 2012?

I glossed over the 2012 changelog here:

http://shoryuken.com/2011/08/25/sup...tion-version-2012-change-list-all-characters/

Seems pretty decent thus far. Yun nerfs are all over the place. It doesn't seem Fei got hit that hard in comparison. I don't play many of the characters but I am overall fine with the changes to my characters (Rose, Balrog, Yun, Makoto). Now I shouldn't get raged on for using Yun despite me actually like his "get in" play style.

So what's the general consensus here on it?
Only fei long scrubs who don't know how to hit confirm think he got nerfed hard.

Imm0rt4l

biosnake20 said:
Its weird that out of the top 3 characters yun and fei got off pretty easily but yang got butt raped.
I think people are sleeping on how good yang really was, the st. lk at 3 frames was too good and special cancelable. Also height restriction on Yuns divekicks changes a lot of his play, can't just use lk dive to bait your opponent into doing something, this makes a lot of his movements telegraphed imo.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Hm, since Cody can't get hit when he picks up the knife, I wonder if you can abuse those invincibility frames as an anti air, or perhaps as okizeme shenanigans if you knockdown your opponent next to the knife.

Rentahamster said:
Hm, since Cody can't get hit when he picks up the knife, I wonder if you can abuse those invincibility frames as an anti air, or perhaps as okizeme shenanigans if you knockdown your opponent next to the knife.
I believe he can still get hit, he's just able to block now during those frames.

sephi22

Rentahamster said:
IIRC he CAN get hit. The devblog says that he can block during the animation.

Top Bottom