• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest X - Trailer from DQ Anniversary Collection

Aeana

I tried to rip the trailer from the game disc, but it didn't work for me. Glad it's taken care of.

It's the exact same trailer we saw at the conference with an extra bit on the end.

Cipherr

Gambit said:
On the gamefaqs board of Dragon Quest X somebody claims to have an uploaded video of the anniversary collection trailer: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/95532...est-x/60333897

This is the link he gave:

http://en.niconico.sarashi.com/?sm15614653

Anyway, I watched it, and most of it looks fairly similar to the old trailer, but it looks legit to me. The only thing that looks very different is the battle system. It seems more traditional and in line with VIII.

Yeah the combat system in that does look more traditional than what we saw.

That aside though, the game looks great. For all the change I would be surprised if this game doesnt do extremely well. It looks like a good game even excluding the IP.

Aeana

Combat only looks more traditional because of the camera angle used and the fact that there is a focus on the singleplayer aspect. It isn't different.

Aeana

I'll keep trying to figure out how to rip the movie myself, because the video quality there is absolutely awful. It looks really nice and clear on the game itself.

jgwhiteus

Can anyone explain what's happening at the very end of the trailer - is that someone joining up with another player online / taking control of a second character, etc.?

Still looks good to me - yeah, the sense of scale makes the environments look a little barren, but it's still pretty much Dragon Quest (well, aside from the online thing). And were those both the Celestial Train from DQIX and Ramia from DQIII/VIII (I doubt they would be plucked directly from the plots of the other games, but might have their own versions in this one)?

rpmurphy

Aeana said:
I tried to rip the trailer from the game disc, but it didn't work for me. Glad it's taken care of.

It's the exact same trailer we saw at the conference with an extra bit on the end.
I think the in-game parts are new footage.

jgwhiteus said:
Can anyone explain what's happening at the very end of the trailer - is that someone joining up with another player online / taking control of a second character, etc.?
The guy is recruiting another player into his party. There's some chatting and emotes going on.

Aeana

rpmurphy said:
I think the in-game parts are new footage.
There is some new stuff interspersed. I didn't realize it at first since I was too busy being dumbfounded during the reveal to pay attention.

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to upload the trailer... I've had the game for a couple of days. I don't have any capture equipment, though, so I have been trying to figure out how to convert the video file ("special.thp" on the disc). The THP video players and converters I've found don't work.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I also put it on Mega Upload here. Don't try YouTubing it, you'll just waste your bandwidth.
Alextended said:
Finally, DQX footage! Mega uploaded because the YouTube video I saw disappeared and trying to put it back is futile. Nothing too exciting or all new but, neat.

Low quality flv, I wasn't gonna upload a giant file on my crappy connection, especially after the failed attempt to get the video back on YouTube.
I don't know if it's the same version as on that other link, but it's low quality too (19MB flv). It does look very nice and Dragon Questy.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Video is great, the titan thing in the cinematic is really cool looking.
Just got to the gameplay part, the video quality is so poor I can't really tell, but I think the graphics look really good?

That shot of the party running and the camera sweeping around them is getting me really hyped.

Boney

Banned
Alextended said:
I also put it on Mega Upload here. Don't try YouTubing it, you'll just waste your bandwidth.I don't know if it's the same version as on that other link, but it's low quality too (19MB flv). It does look very nice and Dragon Questy.
it's dead

Alexios

Boney said:
it's dead
Works fine for me, I just redownloaded to make sure (doing all this with no MU login or anything, just as any user).

Edit: *now* it says temporarily unavailable. If anyone has another service I can put it on without making accounts and shit, I can try that.

If Aeana doesn't have the high quality version up by then. This version is like, 3DS screen size (hmm what if... lol).

Edit: *now* it's back, try it every so often I guess.

Cipherr

Jtwo said:
Video is great, the titan thing in the cinematic is really cool looking.
Just got to the gameplay part, the video quality is so poor I can't really tell, but I think the graphics look really good?

Was a really wise choice in the artstyle/engine they went with. Game does manage to look really good and will likely upscale in resolution really well also. If the WiiU version tosses in minor things like a resolution bump, self shadowing and more, the game can look really good without them having to specifically design replacement higher res textures for everything in the game.

Alextended said:
Works fine for me, I just redownloaded to make sure (doing all this with no MU login or anything, just as any user).

Edit: *now* it says temporarily unavailable. If anyone has another service I can put it on without making accounts and shit, I can try that.

If Aeana doesn't have the high quality version up by then. This version is like, 3DS screen size (hmm what if... lol).
mediafire?

Poyunch

Billychu said:
Totally playing as a fish lady thief.

If there's no sub fee in NA.
My choices are the fish race, red demon race, and the cutesy short class. But I'd also like a human character as well and maybe that fairy class. :/

Basically everything other than that little troll class.

I'm getting incredibly excited for this. Comments:

- that snow landscape was gorgeous
- love how the DQ talking SFX plays when chatting with the party
- enemies roaming the world map looked great
- wonder how the game economy will work - item prices looked very standard, may not fluctuate based on demand like FFXI

Fernando Rocker said:
Are you guys getting the Wii or the Wii U version?
If it comes out to US, Wii first, then Wii U.

Emitan

Fernando Rocker said:
Wii version. I'm not getting a Wii U unless the Smash Bros game is really good, or it gets a good Star Fox game.

LiK

Aeana said:

your mission being posted on twitter was epic. :D

Kandinsky

Alextended said:
I also put it on Mega Upload here. Don't try YouTubing it, you'll just waste your bandwidth.I don't know if it's the same version as on that other link, but it's low quality too (19MB flv). It does look very nice and Dragon Questy.
Thanks.
Fernando Rocker said:
WiiU, but i just wish SE rethinks this and dont go with crossplay between versions :/

Poyunch

I will get it on whichever platform it's released on first. I'd prefer it to launch on Wii U in NA just so I don't have to double dip though.

Great trailer ! Looks good also.

+

Derp FACE ^^

2lw3sdf.jpg

Alexios

Kandinsky said:
Are you seriously expecting the game to use the screen on the controller? lol
Voice chat from the built in mic and on-controller-screen keyboard for text chat seem like no brainers. Why not?

It could make a lot of the menu stuff it's bound to include for leveling, trading, crafting and such touch based if they wanted.

Emitan

Is that human looking guy a human? I thought they weren't playable.

I feel like I've asked that before, so sorry for being annoying!

Poyunch

Billychu said:
Is that human looking guy a human? I thought they weren't playable.

I feel like I've asked that before, so sorry for being annoying!
Humans are playable but not one of the Four Tribes.

Cmagus

Kandinsky said:

if the screen can be used as a keyboard and item screen/equip screen that would be pretty awesome

Alexios

SilverLunar said:
thanks! But the resolution is so small...
Yeah I said it, 3DS size, lol. It's still watchable at 2x though, imo. And probably similar to Wii jaggies that way :3

rpmurphy

PounchEnvy said:
Humans are playable but not one of the Four Tribes.
There are five tribes + human.

Fernando Rocker said:
Wii most likely, unless the NA localization takes it to like a 2013/2014 release date or something.

MYE

StuBurns said:
Looks awful, but so does the CG, so I think it's just the art I don't like.

Before i say anything, i'm not calling you out or emplying anything here (its always how stuff like this sounds), but i've been casually reading old nintendo threads lately and i think (i do have bad memory) i've seen you say the exact same thing about Xenoblade, Skyward Sword, Last Story and maybe Pandora's Tower?

Sorry if i'm wrong, but if not - man, i'm really curious about which games you find good looking.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Kandinsky said:
I expect the whole game to be streamed into the controller, so I can play for hours and hours and free the TV for others to use.

It has speakers and a microphone, it's perfect...

I also expect the map to be in the screen as well.

Top Bottom