• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

ChiefEdiri said:
I'm happy I can play now, don't get me wrong. I just prefer to have a physical copy. I might just pick up a used one soon and give away my code, not sure yet.
They simply cannot update the preview disc versions. Sending codes for GoD games is far easier/cheaper than mailing physical discs.

Booshka

Got my code, thanks. Going to take me a long time to download on my 3mb down connection. See you guys on much later tonight or tomorrow lol.

feel

lybertyboy said:
MrBig said:
Thank you 343
v2MCN.jpg

2hhj249.jpg

RBK

Banned
Hydranockz said:
They simply cannot update the preview disc versions. Sending codes for GoD games is far easier/cheaper than mailing physical discs.

True, which is why I understand the decision.

On another note, it's kinda sad people are already trying to sell off codes for profit.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Devin Olsen said:
Only if you pickup the shipping costs. Otherwise I would say its the deal of the century.

I think you misunderstand. I will give you a Reach on demand code for your "black market" Halo Fest Duke. :)

Lets keep up the community love and give out a Zero Bloom CTF variant?

Seriously though, can one of you comment on when we might see a 0 bloom objective gametype uploaded?

lybertyboy said:
I think you misunderstand. I will give you a Reach on demand code for your "black market" Halo Fest Duke. :)
No I understood, I was just being facetious

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Devin Olsen said:
Lets keep up the community love and give out a Zero Bloom CTF variant?

Seriously though, can one of you comment on when we might see a 0 bloom objective gametype uploaded?

No I understood, I was just being facetious

500% bloom speed flag on Uncaged? Got it.

MrBig

thezerofire said:
What is the size for a 360 case?
It is already the size it needs to be. I edited in a pdf version in case your printer doesn't preserve that size

It will fit on an 8.5x11; its 10.807x7.213
I recommend going to someplace to get it printed if you only have standard paper, and printing it on pamphlet paper.

Woorloog

Banned
Hydranockz said:
The resistance counters it nicely. It played surprisingly well.
Why increase dmg in the first place? Also, doesn't that make 'nades OP*? I don't think 110% DR counters those. Or does it?

*They're already, unless movement and jumping is boosted.

ZalinKrow

Good games guys. That was my first time getting to test out the zero bloom stuff in proper matches. It was pretty fun! Those matches were all pretty cool.

I might be on again later on if people are still on :)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Whilst I'm enjoying the no-bloom gameplay, you guys are all over the place with various setting such as movement, jump height, damage resistance etc. Not fun ice skating around a level and have to readjust each time with every group.

MrBig said:
It is already the size it needs to be. I edited in a pdf version in case your printer doesn't preserve that size

It will fit on an 8.5x11; its 10.807x7.213
I recommend going to someplace to get it printed if you only have standard paper, and printing it on pamphlet paper.
The raw version was bigger tham my 20" monitor, so I don't think that is the right size lol. Unless you mean unzoomed then ok. And yeah, there's a kinko's right near my apartment so I'll get it there

Dani said:
Whilst I'm enjoying the no-bloom gameplay, you guys are all over the place with various setting such as movement, jump height, damage resistance etc. Not fun ice skating around a level and have to readjust each time with every group.
I think default ZBS is far too slow, movement wise. Players can't even go left or right without getting killed. It's bad enough with a 1v1 situation, let alone more. I think experimentation is the key to refining what is looking to be a promising playlist.

Woorloog

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
join our customs later and you will see lol
I should be sleeping right now. It's almost 3am here. Night you know. I know i've played with HaloGAFers very later before but that was when i was alone.
Also, i'm not keen on playing Reach before we get new maps.

EDIT my ideal game mode: non-nuke 'nades, no AAs, increased movement, zero bloom and that being BTB or at least a game with vehicles. EDIT of EDIT, let's make that useful and balanced vehicles. No Halo 3 ghost (was too strong IMO), Reach Banshee, Tank...

MrBig

thezerofire said:
The raw version was bigger tham my 20" monitor, so I don't think that is the right size lol. Unless you mean unzoomed then ok. And yeah, there's a kinko's right near my apartment so I'll get it there
That's just relative to your screen size. It is the correct physical size but it seems large in the digital format since it is 300 dpi.

ElRenoRaven

darthbob said:
Has anyone NOT received a PPC yet, or is it a staggered release?

I wouldn't worry too much yet. Odds are they're still going out. Then you have to deal with sometimes mail being a bit sluggish getting to you. I'd say if you haven't gotten it by morning then be worried.

Also check spam folders to be sure it didn't get stuck in there.

darthbob

PsychoRaven said:
I wouldn't worry too much yet. Odds are they're still going out. Then you have to deal with sometimes mail being a bit sluggish getting to you. I'd say if you haven't gotten it by morning then be worried.

Also check spam folders to be sure it didn't get stuck in there.

Eh, I'm just impatient. Sitting here at work on GAF constantly refreshing my GMail on my Phone.

I'd honestly forward the email to my work email and redeem it here lol.

Also, lots of damage control for Microsoft today, Halo: Reach and console bans, lovely.

ElRenoRaven

darthbob said:
Eh, I'm just impatient. Sitting here at work on GAF constantly refreshing my GMail on my Phone.

I'd honestly forward the email to my work email and redeem it here lol.

Also, lots of damage control for Microsoft today, Halo: Reach and console bans, lovely.

It's understandable. And really a new wave of bans today huh? I hadn't heard about that. Course I don't mod my console and try to ruin other people's fun on live so I tend not to follow that stuff closely.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Blinding said:
It actually handles slayer nicely.

Oh really? I haven't played it yet at all, just ran around on it. It's a pro gametype so my team hasn't even bother touching it.

darthbob

PsychoRaven said:
It's understandable. And really a new wave of bans today huh? I hadn't heard about that. Course I don't mod my console and try to ruin other people's fun on live so I tend not to follow that stuff closely.

Well actually, Microsoft has found that a subset of users who were banned, were banned unfairly, and are reversing the decision with a bit of compensation as well.

I did find it odd that SO MANY people were crying foul, because console bans happen every year, and I haven't seen one with so many whiners.

Turns out it was justified whining. :(

Top Bottom