• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis | PSN XBLA |OT| "It can run Crysis"

Curufinwe

Stallion Free said:
Checkpoints. They appear to be in the same places they were on PC, which is kinda far apart. They also are just tripwire checkpoints where you get them when you pass an invisible line so it's easy to screw yourself with one if you aren't careful.

Is there only one checkpoint?

I only finished Far Cry because I used a console cheat to create manual saves in between checkpoints.

Just bought the PS3 version, holy shit am I excited. This is one of my favorite games of all time I can't wait til the download is finished!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
RedSwirl said:
I'm anxious to see first time impressions.
I'm gonna be disappointed if someone comes in and says the gunplay sucks. 4 years later and Crysis still has some of the best feeling weapons. Just got the sniper again and damnnnn I forgot how lethal it was.

Based on impressions from the first 15-20 minutes:
-Guns sound way better. Much more powerful, pistol is absolutely beastly sounding, as is the FY71. Scar not so much, but still heavier and deeper than it was on PC.
-Graphics look pretty good, there is an impressive amount of foliage and it sways when you move through it. Far more pop in than I ever saw on my PC, but it also runs much smoother than it ever did when I played it on an 8800, so its a fair enough trade off in my opinion
-lighting is gorgeous, a little more red toned than I remember vanilla Crysis being, but not nearly so much as when using for example Helder Pinto or Mster config.
-destructible trees and buildings are still here
-Controls are much smoother than the gamepad controls from the PC version. Rather than using the bumper and bringing up a radial menu that you select with the right stick, different suit powers are mapped to different buttons. Armor on LB, actively drains like in Crysis 2, Cloak on RB, Speed when sprinting(LS), lasts much longer than the PC version of Speed mode, Strength when jumping (hold A) or when throwing/melee (hold throw/melee attack). I assume this is fairly similar to Crysis 2 on consoles, as it seems pretty similar to what I recall of Crysis 2 being on PC
-Weapons menu comes up by holding BACK, you then toggle attachments with your face buttons (Silencer Y, Scopes A, Tac attachment/grenade launcher B, laser/flashlight X)
-D-Pad has binocs on UP, night vision on DOWN, fire mode toggle on LEFT and switch grenades on RIGHT
-had the game freeze right after connecting with Jester, had to reset console. Didn't happen on the second pass through, might have been a one off glitch
-buddy on the dock when you first crest the hill was not taking a piss in the water. Maybe removed for being offensive? Or maybe I just missed it, not sure. May have less enemies as well, when the flare went off no truck came down the road towards the beach hut. Scaled amount of enemies based on difficulty perhaps?(playing on normal, maybe its still there on Hard or Delta)
-Checkpoint saves only, no manual save option

EDIT:
-Speed mode, while slower, is still fast enough to permit you to dolphin jump up out of the water onto boats. Good enough for me.
-they've added the ammo box cues to your binoc visor like in Crysis 2, so you can easily locate weapon stashes or frag grenades from a distance. I don't recall that in Crysis 1, but I could be wrong.

Kimosabae

Banned
RedSwirl said:
I'm anxious to see first time impressions.

Holy shit @ this game. It almost reminds me of the first time I encountered Halo CE - very immersive. I don't think it's the best looking console game due to some texture work, but it's definitely the most immersive. The sound FX >>>>>

I'm surprised at the lack of media push for this. Mindblowing in a lot of ways.

JB1981

dark10x said:
Yeah, it doesn't hold solid. However, it is more consistently smooth than what I played back in 2007 on my 8800GT, so that's something. :p

How is the resolution. Crysis 2 on PS3 had a stretched HUD and pretty low resolution overall. Is the resolution at least equal to what 360 is rendering at? Can't wait to play this, I love Crysis gameplay.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
JB1981 said:
How is the resolution. Crysis 2 on PS3 had a stretched HUD and pretty low resolution overall. Is the resolution at least equal to what 360 is rendering at?
Looking at the videos I can at least say that the HUD isn't stretched now. Don't know about anything else since I don't have my PS3 right now and wouldn't be able to do a comparison.

KKRT00

alr1ghtstart said:
except imgur recompresses everything over 80% quality jpeg. use abload.de
Its actually a little different, they have limits kb per file and they fit quality to the limit, so screens below 1080p are near 90% quality and its almost indistinguishable. Imgur is much more user friendly, upload friendly, have proper gallery support and dont have adds.
You can see my uploads on
http://kkrt.imgur.com
And my friend's PS3 screengrab uploads:
http://juras.imgur.com/

One thing about imgur, You cant upload there in png or bmp, You have to use jpg to maintain quality.

Sai

Game really is beautiful. Never got to play it on the PC(though I think my current setup may be able to handle it once I'm able to fix whatever's wrong with it), but based on what I've seen, it seems to hold up very well for a console title. Guns feel great, loving the sound effects...

Only complaint I have thus far is that Nomad's default walking speed. I mean, you absolutely blaze once you start sprinting, but walking feels so uncomfortable sometimes, especially with how much distance you have to cover sometimes.

It's great having these different abilities to make use of. But wasn't there a "Strength" mode or something?

Sai said:
Game really is beautiful. Never got to play it on the PC(though I think my current setup may be able to handle it once I'm able to fix whatever's wrong with it), but based on what I've seen, it seems to hold up very well for a console title. Guns feel great, loving the sound effects...

Only complaint I have thus far is that Nomad's default walking speed. I mean, you absolutely blaze once you start sprinting, but walking feels so uncomfortable sometimes, especially with how much distance you have to cover sometimes.

It's great having these different abilities to make use of. But wasn't there a "Strength" mode or something?

Strength mode is set to your default mode. In Crysis PC, it allowed you to jump higher (hold jump to activate this function), melee stronger (hold melee to activate this function), and steady weapon sway, especially in scopes, but it drained energy with each shot. I havent yet found a scope so I dont know if this ability remains, but the other two aspects of strength mode are present for use.

EDIT: Also, when you switch to your fists, you do not have to hold melee to utilize strength punch. It simply does it automatically.

Wow I'm finding it a lot tougher than C2. I think I need to slow it down and start taking it easy.

There's no more sneaking up on dudes and doing a stealth takedown, is there?

jackdoe

Neuromancer said:
Wow I'm finding it a lot tougher than C2. I think I need to slow it down and start taking it easy.

There's no more sneaking up on dudes and doing a stealth takedown, is there?
Crysis 2 was a very easy game due to the broken cloak + silenced pistol combo.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
jackdoe said:
Crysis 2 was a very easy game due to the broken cloak + silenced pistol combo.
Pretty much. I literally just walked through the Supersoldier since I had the Stealth Enhance. Still lots of fun though.

.hacked

Just finished Crysis 2 this afternoon, can't believe it took me this long to play it.

Any chance of a disc based release for this one?

Does anyone know all the guns in the game?

Man, I need some subtitles for this one. I can't understand a word that guy is saying in the mines, haha!

Sai

Pyke Presco said:
Strength mode is set to your default mode. In Crysis PC, it allowed you to jump higher (hold jump to activate this function), melee stronger (hold melee to activate this function), and steady weapon sway, especially in scopes, but it drained energy with each shot. I havent yet found a scope so I dont know if this ability remains, but the other two aspects of strength mode are present for use.
Huh. Interesting way to implement it. If that's all it allowed you to do, I can understand why they handled it this way.

Thanks for the explanation.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Stallion Free said:
Wars would be pointless because it would die quickly, but I do hope the Warhead content makes it over in some form.
Warhead should be easier. Because it's smaller, more linear (and worse).

KageMaru

Regarding the whole achievement issue from earlier, has anyone figured out how to recover the achievements you already earned?

I picked up the turtle when I played early this morning, saw the zoology cheevo pop up, realized Crysis wasn't populated in my achievement list, but didn't think anything of it. Figured the issue would be fixed Live's end and I would see my unlocked achievement when I got home.

Well I get home, click on Crysis in my game's list where I'm sitting at the Play Game/Delete Game screen, and see that I have an achievement unlocked in the window on the right. However, while an icon shows my unlocked achievement, right above I still see 0/1000 in the Gamerscore bar.

I tried recovering my gamertag, which forced the achievement to show as locked again, but when I picked up another animal, there was no pop up for an achievement.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

shinnn

I've only played the PC demo. Looking very good so far on X360. The guns sound much better than I remember. Feels much better playing on the controller too (compared to playing with X360 controller on PC).

Some screens (X360)

2011100421132806z1tc.jpg

2011100421361823532w.jpg

2011100421371225w4o7.jpg

2011100421423929s40i.jpg

2011100421534131f381.jpg

2011100422375661p0d1.jpg

2011100422383663u6sa.jpg

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Y2Kev said:
Does it use their "CUSTOM AA SOLUTION"
If you're referring to the TAA with awful ghosting I haven't seen it in these videos. That and the stretched HUD were my main annoyances with Crysis 2's graphics.

Neiteio

Mere minutes before seeing this thread, I bought the Crysis/Crysis Warhead/Crysis Wars bundle on Steam for $10.

KageMaru

Was able to fix my achievement problem in case anyone else has the same issue.

Y2Kev said:
Does it use their "CUSTOM AA SOLUTION"

It's likely, yeah. Though it's not doing a great job covering up jaggies in that 3rd screenshot.

RoboPlato said:
If you're referring to the TAA with awful ghosting I haven't seen it in these videos. That and the stretched HUD were my main annoyances with Crysis 2's graphics.

I could be wrong, but I thought I saw ghosting while driving the jeep earlier.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Hmm the new lighting in the caves before the
alien ship
makes the dialogue make no sense. He tells you to turn on night vision and there is absolutely no need for it. The lighting is a real downgrade there :(

RoboPlato said:
This footage is absolutely stunning. Wow.
I watched my wife play this years ago and forgot how great it looked and played. I think I may have to finally give ot a shot on the 360, aka comfy couch.

Edit: My wife complained about a possible glitch to where because she didn't pick up a special weapon, that she was unable to beat the final boss. Is anybody familiar with this?

Top Bottom