• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis | PSN XBLA |OT| "It can run Crysis"

The Lamonster said:
I looked everywhere in the Dashboard and this game is nowhere to be found. Are all of you using the website download link to get this? Why is there a delay in getting it to show up on the console?

I don't think it's up for the US yet. It's nowhere on the Dashboard and I can't find it anywhere on the website for Xbox Live Marketplace.

The Lamonster said:
I looked everywhere in the Dashboard and this game is nowhere to be found. Are all of you using the website download link to get this? Why is there a delay in getting it to show up on the console?
The Mana Legend said:
I don't think it's up for the US yet. It's nowhere on the Dashboard and I can't find it anywhere on the website for Xbox Live Marketplace.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...77fe-1000-9115-d80245410968?DownloadType=Game

Roki6

Banned
is the game region locked?
Can I download it from US store (i have more points on my US account) and play it on PAL console?

tnx

Rad-

This looks beautiful for a console open world title. But the framerate is pretty shitty. 20-25 in many parts and I'm just 1 hour into it. :p

I downloaded it off the Xbox site and was just playing it. So far very impressive. Some of the texutres are great and I'm surprised some of the higher end shader effects made the cut. Very nice port so far. Framerate has been near solid 30 so far.

Duallusion

I'm loving this. For a console peasant like me, it's like a whole new game for 15 bucks. I did play it years ago but lost interest when you-know-who/what shows up.

Do no appreciate not being able to save, though. I hope I won't regret starting on hard difficulty.

Duallusion said:
I'm loving this. For a console peasant like me, it's like a whole new game for 15 bucks. I did play it years ago but lost interest when you-know-who/what shows up.

Do no appreciate not being able to save, though. I hope I won't regret starting on hard difficulty.
Say... Is that a Session 9 avatar?

If so, you have excellent taste in movies.

Man, thanks for the vids guys, this is one good looking game.

How is the game itself though? I really liked Crysis 2, but I'm a bit over open world games atm.

Phonomezer said:
Man, thanks for the vids guys, this is one good looking game.

How is the game itself though? I really liked Crysis 2, but I'm a bit over open world games atm.

It's not an open world game. It's a level based shooter, you just have more freedom in terms of exploration and how you can take out objectives rather than being forced through a corridor.

Some questions for a first time Crysis player. How exactly to you spot people? I have my binoculars out but is there a button I need to press to mark them? What makes an enemy appear on radar? And how do we find ammo for the SCAR? I had to ditch it because all I can find ammo for is the enemy weapon. Thanks!

Inferno313 said:
It's not an open world game. It's a level based shooter, you just have more freedom in terms of exploration and how you can take out objectives rather than being forced through a corridor.

Ahh! Cool, I just keep seeing "sandbox" and "open world" being used in conjunction a lot with Crysis, but it's pretty cool you have room to explore and do things your own way.

As someone who just bought this on PC and have played through it on max settings with mods, I have to say I'm amazed at what they've pulled off here. Sure it's not quite a stable 30fps but much worse looking, more confined games can be accused of the same.

amdnv

Why have no direct feed screenshots been posted? I watched the Youtube videos, but even in 720p they are muddy as hell when watched full screen, probably due to crappy bitrates.

Funny thing every asumption i made in some of the Crysis 2 threads proved to be right regarding why Crysis 2 end being up like it is.

Now we have a very competent port of Crysis 1 in console, lot of crow have been served by Crytek, beautiful.

scitek

Refreshment.01 said:
Funny thing every asumption i made in some of the Crysis 2 threads proved to be right regarding why Crysis 2 end being up like it is.

Now we have a very competent port of Crysis 1 in console, lot of crow have been served by Crytek, beautiful.

What's sad, though, is that Crysis 2 didn't really need to be as corridorific as it was in design. They clearly designed the game that way with the assumption the original Crysis' open-ended gameplay wasn't possible with such old hardware. Kind of a shame.

Woorloog

Banned
Inability to use speed mode for reloading faster is annoying. Base movement speed is way too low (and crouching feels like crawling, being prone is like being a snail).
The game looks great on 360 however, i really like the lighting. PC version always felt a bit sterile (with low graphics but even pics with highest settings look pale and sterile). Warmer lighting is very nice. Some frame rate issues, particularly when using binoculars and when houses are destroyed, i think it does dip under 25 despite CryTek's "Solid 25-30fps" claim.
Overall i'd say it is the best looking 360 game at the moment. Yeah, Crysis 2 is not as nice.
Didn't remember but the game's music is pretty nice.

Red

scitek said:
What's sad, though, is that Crysis 2 didn't really need to be as corridorific as it was in design. They clearly designed the game that way with the assumption the original Crysis' open-ended gameplay wasn't possible with such old hardware. Kind of a shame.
I would argue they designed it to appeal to the massive demographic eating up Call of Duty titles once a year.

scitek said:

It was because they had to load in and load out a shit ton of the unique geometry and assets that make up their version of destroyed New York. In comparison, Crysis 1 has a handful of assets and what it does have are instanced everywhere.

There are tons of open ended games on console such as Far Cry 2 and Just Cause 2. Consolification had nothing to do with Crysis 2's design.

AEREC

Any fix for acheivements yet...I recovered my gamertag which reset my Crysis acheivements that displayed the icon but didnt get credit for...but I dont hink getting acheievments now. Such as the Zoology one for picking up the turtle.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Right, I've found quite a glaring fault with the AI, I'm behind a massive rock on the beach, and I mean massive, there is not a chance anyone can see me, while I'm behind the rock I disengage my cloak and straight away enemies on the boat on the shoreline start shooting at me, I engage my cloak and then they stop WTF?, I don't remember anything like that happening in the PC version :-\

edit -

umm, Maybe just a glitch, not happening with all enemies or cover, perhaps that particular rock was dodgy or something.

mujun

Roki6 said:
is the game region locked?
Can I download it from US store (i have more points on my US account) and play it on PAL console?

tnx

That's what I did and it worked for me. I'm in Japan using a U.S account for reference's sake.

Anyone reach the alien levels yet? Wondering how those run, especially the
zero-G section

Probably getting this tomorrow. Lookin' forward to it.

Refreshment.01 said:

oh, completely agreed. compeletely. all those people insisting that Crysis 2 wasn't large open levels 'because the consoles couldn't do it' that ignored the wide variety of console games that had large open levels... i am so glad that they are now factually wrong.

i mean, they were before, but they had some thin sliver of what appeared to be logic to hold onto. now they have none. absolutely none.

Warm Machine said:
It was because they had to load in and load out a shit ton of the unique geometry and assets that make up their version of destroyed New York. In comparison, Crysis 1 has a handful of assets and what it does have are instanced everywhere.

There are tons of open ended games on console such as Far Cry 2 and Just Cause 2. Consolification had nothing to do with Crysis 2's design.
this was true when Crysis 2 was in development, and when it came out. Crytek said that it was a design decision and that it wasn't anything to do with the power of the consoles. no one listened then... now they have to eat crow or back pedal.

considering i was given a short ban for directly insulting someone in a Crysis 2 thread because they kept insisting that something was true that wasn't, i'm pretty happy today.

edit: and fuck it. just spent those points that were burning a hole in my pocket.

Do you guys think they will port Warhead over in some form as well? Maybe as DLC to the original or as a standalone on GoD?

Got it downloading now, very interested to finally play it. Loved Far Cry too so hopefully this is good. Will pick up Crysis 2 if I like it that much.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Anyone else tell me if the boat in the bay near the beginning of the game can not only see you through any cover you hide behind but can also shoot through rocks at you, fucking annoying seriously.

Top Bottom